Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Size was valued at USD 138.5 Billion in 2022.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.27% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Critical Infrastructure Protection Market is expected to reach USD 254.51 Billion by 2032
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Size is expected to reach USD 254.51 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 6.27% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) is the prerequisite for national essential infrastructures such as data centers, financial institutions, government buildings, public transportation, and other vital facilities to be protected. It is crucial that security standards are of the greatest caliber and that catastrophe readiness, response, and recoveries are given top priority in all key infrastructure sectors, from energy corporations to transportation businesses. SCADA Systems, Industrial Control Systems (ICS), and Operation Technology (OT) are examples of essential infrastructure components that frequently require security considerations.
Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) assists companies in preparing for and responding to major incidents impacting critical infrastructure contexts, as well as protecting against an ever-increasing variety of vulnerabilities. Furthermore, critical infrastructure protection provides crucial services that support society as a whole and function as the foundation of every democracy's economic growth, well-being, and sovereignty. Critical infrastructure includes power utilized in homes and industries, potable water, transportation, and communication networks.
Key competitors in the critical infrastructure protection market include Hexagon AB, BAE Systems, Lockheed Martin, General Dynamics, Northrop Grumman, Honeywell, Airbus, Thales, Johnson Controls, Forcepoint, and Fortinet. These companies are focused on research and development, product innovation, and strategic partnerships to maintain their market position and drive growth in the industry. For example, Hexagon's Safety, Infrastructure, and Geospatial division announced in May 2022 that Intergraph G/Technology, Hexagon's advanced utility geographic information system (GIS), has been powered by Oracle Cloud Expertise and is now available on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. The new deployment option offers utility operators a scalable, secure, and highly available GIS solution with lower start-up costs and infrastructure requirements.
Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 138.5 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:||6.27%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 254.51 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2018-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||100|
|Segments covered:||By Offering, By Security Type, By End-User, By Region and COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Hexagon AB, General Dynamics, Thales, Huawei, Lockheed Martin, Forcepoint, Johnson Controls, Axis Communications, Honeywell, Airbus, Northrop Grumman, IBM Corporation, Raytheon Company, Motorola Solutions, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Boeing, Fortinet, DXC Technology Company|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
One of the primary factors driving critical infrastructure protection market growth is growing concern about sophisticated threats such as cutting citizens access to water supply, electricity, transportation, and emergency supplies, consequently affecting the financial system and nation at large. Adopting a critical infrastructure protection (CIP) solution protects an institution's safety and the uninterrupted operation of essential facilities. It safeguards a variety of tangible resources of governmental importance, such as nuclear installations, as well as digital resources, such as defense plans.
In today's society, critical infrastructure protection is necessary measures. Rising attempts to protect a country's resources are getting priority around the globe. In order to sustain uninterrupted service and functioning, industrial control systems (ICS) and supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems must be protected given the explosive growth of cyber threats in today's critical infrastructure. As a result, critical infrastructure protection is becoming one of the top priorities for national authorities, infrastructure leaders, and municipal governments. Moreover, the development of modern technologies such as cloud-based services and the Internet of Things, as well as rising federal investments in critical infrastructure protection, will generate growth prospects for the global critical infrastructure protection market.
The ever-growing capacity of adversaries to enter systems managing all aspects of essential infrastructure is causing concern in a number of businesses. As a result, a growing amount of resources are being made to support cybersecurity R&D in order to create enhanced critical infrastructure protection solutions, which is further expected to increase the demand for the critical infrastructure protection market. Furthermore, countries are strengthening the CIP market by introducing supportive asset-safety regulations. For instance, the European Commission has developed the European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection (EPCIP) to reduce the vulnerabilities of critical facilities. This is a set of initiatives intended at enhancing the security of vital infrastructure in Europe, across all EU member states, and in all key economic sectors. The EU's Critical Information Infrastructure Protection (CIIP) initiative seeks to improve the security and resilience of critical information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructures.
However, the expensive starting prices of critical infrastructure protection, as well as a lack of interoperability amongst CIP solutions and complications in technical operation, are limiting the global expansion of the critical infrastructure protection market.
By Offering Insights
The solutions segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of offering, the global critical infrastructure protection market is segmented into the services and solutions. Among these, the solutions segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 63.57% over the forecast period. This is due to a growth in the utilization of critical infrastructure protection solutions by organizations in order to achieve an advantageous and competitive advantage as well as robust infrastructure protection over other organizations. Furthermore, it assists end-users in securing their critical infrastructure and alerting them ahead of it getting harmed or attacked, resulting in critical infrastructure protection market growth. Moreover, the service segment is predicted to develop the most significantly because it ensures solid communication between the service provider organization and the end user by offering deployment and conditioning, advisory services, and management services.
By Security Type Insights
The cybersecurity segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of security type, the global critical infrastructure protection market is segmented into physical safety & security, and cybersecurity. Among these, cybersecurity is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. The use of encryption is mostly used for safe transmission and SCADA security. Telecommunication encryption is frequently employed for preventing disguised attackers and interceptors from gaining unwanted exposure to data. SCADA security safeguards SCADA networks, which serve as a common framework for automation systems utilized in industrial processes. The majority of critical infrastructure assets are managed by SCADA systems that are linked to the majority of the global community using rapid connectivity information networks. This renders them highly susceptible to cyber-attacks, which are mostly driven by money and are intended to damage, steal, manipulate, or inject data into SCADA systems. As a result, different new methods are being developed to protect SCADA systems.
By End-User Insights
The energy & power segment accounted the largest revenue share of more than 37.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of end-user, the global critical infrastructure protection market is segmented into government, aerospace & defense, BFSI, transport & logistics, energy & power, commercial sector, telecom, chemicals, manufacturing, oil & gas, and others. Among these, energy & power are dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 37.2% over the forecast period. To maintain adequate security measures, companies around the world have made a substantial voluntary effort to strengthen planning and resilience for cyber-attacks. The development of the smart grid has made the use of strong critical infrastructure protection even more necessary to provide infrastructure reliability and safety. As a result of its economic importance and many interdependencies with other infrastructure, the energy and power system is critical.
North America dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
North America is dominating the market with more than 38.7% market share over the forecast period. In terms of security infrastructure and technical development, North America is a highly technologically advanced and versatile region. PPPs and multinational cooperation have resulted in appropriate critical infrastructure security and adaptive capacity in the region. North America's largest and strongest economies, the United States and Canada, are the biggest contributors to the North American critical infrastructure protection market. In order to protect crucial infrastructures from potential harm, organizations like the North American Electric Reliability Council (NERC) and the Canadian Electricity Association (CEA) are collaborating together. As a result, industrial infrastructures must be regulated and monitored, and risk analyses must be performed to identify any possible weaknesses in the critical infrastructure network. For example, in February 2022, Hexagon's Safety, Infrastructure & Geospatial division announced the successful delivery of a visualization and analysis solution to Canada's Department of National Defence (DND) to aid in the monitoring, detection, early warning, and prediction of chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear (CBRN) threats. The solution was financed by DND's Innovation for Defence Excellence and Security (IDEaS) program. The new Hexagon technology would allow the Canadian Armed Forces to comprehend risks, visualize threats, anticipate outcomes, and make more educated decisions that might save lives.
Asia Pacific, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. The expansion of developments in industrial systems and the military are two significant reasons driving the regional market growth. With increased expenditures in infrastructure security software and hardware, India and China are expected to experience rapid growth.
List of Key Market Players
- Hexagon AB
- General Dynamics
- Lockheed Martin
- Johnson Controls
- Axis Communications
- Northrop Grumman
- IBM Corporation
- Raytheon Company
- Motorola Solutions
- Booz Allen Hamilton Inc.
- DXC Technology Company
Key Market Developments
- On April 2023, Fortinet®, the global cybersecurity pioneer enabling networking and security convergence, announced its membership in the Joint Cyber Defense Collaborative (JCDC), demonstrating the company's commitment to boosting the United States' security posture and cybersecurity resilience. JCDC was founded in 2021 by the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) to bring together public and private entities with the purpose of gathering, analyzing, and sharing actionable information to more proactively guard and defend against cyberattacks. These types of coordinated activities aid in the development of systemic resilience by coordinating incident response as well as resolving vulnerabilities and other cyber threats before they are exploited.
- On February 2022, General Dynamics Information Technology, a General Dynamics business subsidiary, stated that it had been awarded the Customer Care Center (CCC) task order on the Solutions for the Information Technology Enterprise (SITE) III contract. The task order, worth $829 million over ten years, was given by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) Virginia Contracting Activity in November. This includes automating procedures and establishing the agency's first customer experience (CX) team, which will employ data insights, advanced analytics, and CX methodology to continuously evolve services and handle IT issues.
- On May 2021, Forcepoint, a global pioneer in data-first cybersecurity solutions, has announced the acquisition of Cyberinc. Cyberinc provides intelligent remote browser isolation (RBI) technology that provides administrators with granular control, allowing businesses to minimize risk while maintaining user productivity.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Critical Infrastructure Protection Market, Offering Analysis
Critical Infrastructure Protection Market, Security Type Analysis
- Physical Safety and Security
Critical Infrastructure Protection Market, End-Use Analysis
- Aerospace & Defense
- Transport & Logistics
- Energy & Power
- Commercial Sector
- Oil & Gas
Critical Infrastructure Protection Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Critical Infrastructure Protection market?The Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market is expected to grow from USD 138.5 billion in 2022 to USD 254.51 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 6.27% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Hexagon AB, General Dynamics, Thales, Huawei, Lockheed Martin, Forcepoint, Johnson Controls, Axis Communications, Honeywell, Airbus, Northrop Grumman, IBM Corporation, Raytheon Company, Motorola Solutions, Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., Boeing, Fortinet
3. Which segment dominated the Critical Infrastructure Protection market share?The energy & power segment in end-use type dominated the Critical Infrastructure Protection market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 37.2%.
4. What are the elements driving the growth of the Critical Infrastructure Protection market?Rising worries about sophisticated threats such as cutting communities off from clean water, power, transportation, and emergency supplies, as well as the need to secure cyberspace, are driving market expansion.
5. Which region is dominating the Critical Infrastructure Protection market?North America is dominating the Critical Infrastructure Protection market with more than 38.7% market share.
6. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Critical Infrastructure Protection market?The solutions segment based on offering type holds the maximum market share of the Critical Infrastructure Protection market.
Need help to buy this report?