Global Automotive Glass Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Automotive Glass Market Size was valued at USD 26.9 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.93% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Automotive Glass Market is expected to reach USD 47.85 Billion by 2032
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Automotive Glass Market Size is expected to reach USD 47.85 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 5.93% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
The term "automotive glass" is inclusive of all glass kinds used in automobiles. Automotive glass on the vehicle includes the windshield, side, rear, and glass panel roofs. It's a form of float glass that has been heated and chemically processed. As a result of the toughening process, the glass becomes tougher and stronger, allowing it to withstand pressure from the outside. By pressing a button (for a power window) or switch, turning a manual crank, or both, side windows can be fixed or raised and lowered. Furthermore, rising automobile manufacturing around the world, particularly in the SUV sector, as well as the growing popularity of premium luxury cars with adaptive glass technology are driving up glassware demand in the automotive sector. Additional factors driving the demand for the automotive glass market include the enactment of safety glass requirements, the desire for lightweight glass, and improved smart glass solutions with improved visibility and safety.
This research report categorizes the market for the global automotive glass market based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the automotive glass market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch, and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segment of the automotive glass market.
Global Automotive Glass Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 26.9 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:||5.93%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 47.85 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2018-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||100|
|Segments covered:||By Product Type, By Application, By Vehicle Type, By Region and COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Saint-Gobain, Fuyao Glass, Webasto, Magna International Inc., Corning Incorporated, Xinyi Glass Holdings Co., Ltd., Taiwan Glass Ind Corp, Central Glass Co., Asahi Glass, Samvardhana Motherson, Nippon Sheet Glass|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
The growing concentration on light-weight vehicles as a result of increased polluting emissions from vehicles that adversely affected the ecosystem is predicted to stimulate demand for the automotive glass market. In addition, technological advances in the automotive sector, as well as continual improvements in automotive design, have prompted market participants to produce new products for automobile makers. Furthermore, the rising adoption of electric vehicles and the utilization of sophisticated new technologies in terms of display and battery technologies are expected to contribute to the demand for the automotive glass market over the predicted time frame.
Furthermore, growing essential protection from accidents, as well as expanding customer preferences for the use of glass in passengers and transportation vehicles, has produced a massive demand for the automotive glass industry. This is intended to encourage the incorporation of electronic detectors, cameras, and rear-view mirrors into automotive glass. Additionally, the Asia Pacific market is predicted to dominate the worldwide automotive glass market and maintain its market share over the forecast period, owing to increased customer demand for vehicle safety, ease of use, and aesthetics.
The primary commercial challenge is the lack of raw materials required to manufacture glass. Primary materials and energy consumption make up a significant portion of the cost structure of glass, and their availability has a significant effect on glass manufacturing and market prices. The average price of laminated glass is significantly more than that of tempered glass, and its use is severely limited by poor adoption in developing nations. In addition, research and development as well as the manufacturing of thin laminated glass for side windows require a significant investment.
By Vehicle Type Insights
The commercial vehicles segment accounted the largest revenue share of more than 57.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive glass market is segmented into passenger vehicles, light commercial vehicles, and heavy commercial vehicles. Due to the increase in construction and transportation operations, commercial vehicles would dominate the market with the highest revenue share of 57.2% over the forecast period. As such, automakers are being forced to boost output in order to meet the rising demand. Commercial vehicle manufacturing will be increased by vehicle producers since heavier vehicles are more profitable for producers and retailers due to increased list prices and increased margins of profit. As a result, rising commercial vehicle production is expected to generate attractive prospects for the automotive glass market throughout the study period.
By Application Insights
The windscreen segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the global automotive glass market is segmented into the windscreen, sidelite, backlite, side & rearview windows, sunroof, and others. Among these, the windscreen is expected to rise at a considerable CAGR during the projected period, owing to technology breakthroughs like built-in sensors and advanced materials, integrated displays, self-cleaning glass, and further developments. Because the windscreen is so important in the structure of a vehicle, several automakers and glass producers are working to create new technologies to improve its visual appeal and functionality. The development of novel varieties of windshields with self-cleaning glass, for example, is expected to boost segment growth throughout the projection period. Furthermore, towards the conclusion of the projected period, the sidelite section is expected to overtake the windscreen segment in terms of volumes. Widespread demand for tempered automotive glass in sidelites, especially in the aftermarket, is expected to drive automotive glass market growth over the forecast period.
By Product Type Insights
The tempered segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of product type, the global automotive glass market is segmented into the tempered, laminated, and others. Among these, the tempered segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 54.69% over the forecast period. This is due mostly to features such as inexpensive price, high durability, and resilience. The product has 4-5 times the strength of a standard float and is less expensive than laminated automotive glass. Thus, it is the most commonly used form of glass in automobiles, notably for windows and backlights.
Asia Pacific dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific is dominating the market with more than 43.2% market share over the forecast period owing to the region's rapidly expanding economy, increased disposable income, and accompanying rise in demand for commercial vehicles. Furthermore, increased investments in the automobile industry are moving the region's automotive glass market forward. Consumer preferences for automobile style, tranquillity, and luxury are evolving among nations such as China and India. As a result, manufacturers have placed a strong priority on increasing the economy in order to fulfill increased car demand. Additionally, rapid developments in legislation to make conveyance more technologically advanced, as well as the region's continuously increasing population, will provide greater potential in the automotive glass market.
North America, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. The demand for automotive glass is expected to rise significantly over the projected period in the North American automotive glass market as a result of the sharp rise in commercial vehicle sales.
List of Key Market Players
- Fuyao Glass
- Magna International Inc.
- Corning Incorporated
- Xinyi Glass Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Taiwan Glass Ind Corp
- Central Glass Co.
- Asahi Glass
- Samvardhana Motherson
- Nippon Sheet Glass
Key Market Developments
- On February 2023, AGC and Saint-Gobain, two of the world's leading flat glass manufacturers in terms of sustainability, have announced a collaboration on the design of a pilot breakthrough flat glass line that is predicted to considerably cut direct CO2 emissions. As part of this R&D project, AGC's patterned glass manufacturing line in Barevka, Czech Republic, will be completely renovated into a high-performing, cutting-edge line that will be 50% electrified and 50% fueled by a combination of oxygen and gas. This is a technological breakthrough when compared to current technology utilized in natural gas-fired flat glass furnaces. It will be the most environmentally friendly flat glass line design, contributing to both firms' pathways to carbon neutrality and the essential acceleration of the flat glass industry's decarbonization.
- On August 2022, Webasto, a global mobility systems partner, has acquired Carlex Glass Luxembourg SA in Grevenmacher. The property, which previously belonged to Carlex Glass America LLC in Nashville, Tennessee, manufactures glass elements for passenger automobiles and has numerous multinational carmakers as customers.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Automotive Glass Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Automotive Glass Market, Product Type Analysis
Automotive Glass Market, Application Analysis
- Side & Rearview Windows
Automotive Glass Market, Vehicle Type Analysis
- Passenger Car
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Automotive Glass Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Automotive Glass market?The Global Automotive Glass Market is expected to grow from USD 26.9 billion in 2022 to USD 47.85 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 5.93% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Saint-Gobain, Fuyao Glass, Webasto, Magna International Inc., Corning Incorporated, Xinyi Glass Holdings Co., Ltd., Taiwan Glass Ind Corp, Central Glass Co., Asahi Glass, Samvardhana Motherson, Nippon Sheet Glass
3. Which segment dominated the Automotive Glass market share?The commercial vehicles segment in vehicle type dominated the Automotive Glass market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 57.2%.
4. What are the elements driving the growth of the Automotive Glass market?The increased emphasis on lightweight cars as a result of rising hazardous emissions from vehicles, which have negative effects on the environment, is boosting glass penetration in the automotive sector.
5. Which region is dominating the Automotive Glass market?Asia Pacific is dominating the Automotive Glass market with more than 43.2% market share
6. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Automotive Glass market?The tempered segment based on product type holds the maximum market share of the Automotive Glass market.
Need help to buy this report?