Global Trichlorosilane Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global trichlorosilane market was valued at USD 5.2 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 11.2% from 2021 to 2030
- The global trichlorosilane market is expected to reach USD 13.5 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global trichlorosilane market is expected to reach USD 13.5 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The trichlorosilane market has been growing owing to the rising demand for trichlorosilane from the electronic industry as it is utilized in the production of polycrystalline silicon.
Trichlorosilane having the formula HCl3Si, is an inorganic substance. It is a flammable, colorless liquid. In the semiconductor industry, purified trichlorosilane is the main precursor of ultrapure silicon. It quickly breaks down in the water, producing a silicone polymer and releasing hydrochloric acid. It is frequently utilized in the synthesis of organic molecules containing silicon due to its reactivity and widespread availability. The primary component utilized in the creation of pure polysilicon is trichlorosilane. The Siemens process, the most used technique for producing solar-grade silicon, uses a combination of chlorosilanes, of which trichlorosilane makes up the bulk. The increasing production of solar-grade silicon using Siemen's method is anticipated to increase demand for trichlorosilane from photovoltaic collectors, propelling the growth of the global trichlorosilane market over the forecast period. Demand for trichlorosilane, a component used in the manufacture of silane coupling agents, will increase over the course of the forecast period due to the continued demand for silane coupling agents for surface modification and modification in numerous applications, including tires, electrical wire coatings, grinders, and others. Its demand is anticipated to rise in a number of industries, including the automotive, building, and packaging sectors, due to the silane coupling agent's capacity to enhance water resistance, adhesion, and alkaline resistance to the substrate. Silicone resin has some exceptional qualities that are expected to increase demand from a variety of end-use industries, including transportation, construction, paints & varnishes, and semiconductors, among others. These qualities include good corrosion resistance, high heat resistance, and dielectric properties. Throughout the projected period, it is anticipated that the expanding silicone polymer's application range will boost trichlorosilane market revenue. However, the increased danger of accidents during the synthesis of trichlorosilane is anticipated to restrain market growth over the projection period due to its flammable, volatile, and corrosive properties. Additionally, the unstable nature of the products and the high manufacturing costs and end product pricing may restrain the growth of the worldwide trichlorosilane market.
Global Trichlorosilane Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 5.2 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||11.2%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 13.5 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||192|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||119|
|Segments covered:||By Production Process, By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||American Elements, Wynca Group, SIAD Spa, Evonik Industries, Gelesa Inc., Wacker Chemie AG, Dow Inc., Linde AG, OCI Company Ltd., Mitsubishi Polycrystalline Silicon America Corporation, SIAD S.p.A., Tokuyama Chemicals (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report on trichlorosilane categorizes the market for trichlorosilane based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the trichlorosilane market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segment of the trichlorosilane market.
- In 2021, the hydrochlorination segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 68% and market revenue of 3.53 billion.
Based on the production process, the trichlorosilane market is bifurcated into direct chlorination and hydrochlorination. In 2021, the hydrochlorination segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 68% and market revenue of 3.53 billion. The segment is fueled by producers of trichlorosilane making more of an effort to create highly effective and economical trichlorosilane production processes that can produce more product, which in turn opens the door for more investment in trichlorosilane production. A company like GT Advanced Technologies, for instance, has been successful in creating a cutting-edge trichlorosilane production method that enables manufacturers to reduce the overall cost of trichlorosilane production by using a single hydrochlorination fluid bed reactor (FBR) as opposed to multiple fluid bed reactors. Some of the key entrance hurdles for trichlorosilane manufacturers include costly initial capital expenditure and high equipment maintenance costs, which may limit manufacturers' involvement in this industry.
- In 2021, the polycrystalline silicon segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 73% and a market revenue of 3.79 billion.
Based on application, the trichlorosilane market is bifurcated into polycrystalline silicon and silane coupling agent. In 2021, the polycrystalline silicon segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 73% and market revenue of 3.79 billion. The polycrystalline silicon segment has accounted for the highest revenue in the market since the amount of solar photovoltaic cell systems is growing. As its variety of uses in semiconductors, solar cells, and electronics has substantially increased, polysilicon has gained popularity. As alternative energy sources gain prominence, there will certainly be a growth in the need for materials made of polycrystalline silicon suitable for solar applications. Because of the growing need for semiconductors and the electronics industry, polysilicon material used in electronics devices is anticipated to increase. Sustainability has become increasingly popular in recent years and has grown quickly, drastically affecting the course of several industrial sectors. Due to expanding urbanization and the growing use of alternative energy sources in many different places, solar installations are rapidly growing throughout the world and are expected to soar in the next years.
Regional Segment Analysis of the trichlorosilane Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global trichlorosilane market, with a market share of around 29% and 1.5 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global trichlorosilane market, with a market share of around 29% and 1.5 billion of the market revenue. The market for trichlorosilane in the North American region has been expanding owing to the fact that solar cell makers are working harder to improve the region's solar photovoltaic cell efficiency. the area. It is anticipated that consumer acceptability of solar systems will rise as a result of growing consumer knowledge of the unfavorable environmental effects of rising carbon dioxide emissions caused by the use of conventional fossil fuels, such as coal, oil, and natural gas, for generating power. Over the forecast period, there is likely to be an increase in demand for trichlorosilane from solar applications due to the rising demand for solar equipment and the placement of solar photovoltaic installations on mini grids to deliver electricity on a large scale to residential areas. Polycrystalline silicon, which has demanding uses in the solar sector, is produced using trichlorosilane.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period, owing to the substantial development in the electronics industry. In China and India, the electronics industry is growing quickly along with the increase in consumer electronics demand. The largest producer and user of trichlorosilane was China. Due to the growing semiconductor sector in the area, the scenario is expected to be analogous during the anticipated time. The Asia-Pacific region's expanding population as well as developing nations with burgeoning marketplaces are anticipated to drive the trichlorosilane industry. The product's global sales are anticipated to rise as a result of this.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global trichlorosilane market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- American Elements
- Wynca Group
- SIAD Spa
- Evonik Industries
- Gelesa Inc.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Dow Inc.
- Linde AG
- OCI Company Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Polycrystalline Silicon America Corporation
- SIAD S.p.A.
- Tokuyama Chemicals (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In September 2020, The trichlorosilane division of DuPont has been acquired, according to a statement from Hemlock Semiconductor Operations. The company would be able to take advantage of DuPont's technical, marketing, and production skills as well as its well-established clientele through the strategic purchase in order to increase sales and strengthen its position in the chlorosilane industry.
- In April 2020, The Japanese company Mitsubishi Chemical buys Gelest Inc. (US). With this transaction, MCC's operational resources and client network will be merged with Gelest's outstanding research, development, and production capabilities.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global trichlorosilane market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Trichlorosilane Market, By Production Process
- Direct Chlorination
Trichlorosilane Market, By Application
- Polycrystalline Silicon
- Silane Coupling Agent
Trichlorosilane Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the global trichlorosilane market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the trichlorosilane market was valued at USD 5.2 billion in 2021 to USD 13.5 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the global trichlorosilane market?The global trichlorosilane market is growing at a CAGR of 11.2% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
Which region dominates the global trichlorosilane market?North America emerged as the largest market for trichlorosilane.
What is the significant driving factor for the global trichlorosilane market?Expanding the electronics and chemicals sectors will influence the market's growth.
Which factor is limiting the growth of the global trichlorosilane market?The possibility of allergies when trichlorosilane is inhaled could hamper the market growth.
Who are the key players in the global trichlorosilane market?Key players of the trichlorosilane market are American Elements, Wynca Group, SIAD Spa, Evonik Industries, Gelesa Inc., Wacker Chemie AG, Dow Inc., Linde AG, OCI Company Ltd., Mitsubishi Polycrystalline Silicon America Corporation, SIAD S.p.A., and Tokuyama Chemicals (Zhejiang) Co., Ltd.
Need help to buy this report?