Global TB Diagnostics Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis By Test Type (Radiographic Test, Laboratory Test, Nucleic Acid Testing, Cytokine Detection Test, Drug Resistance Test, and Other Diagnostic Test Types), By End-User (Hospital/Clinics, Diagnostics/Research Laboratory, and Other End Users), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global TB Diagnostics Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global TB diagnostics market was valued at USD 1.71 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global TB diagnostics market is expected to reach USD 3.01 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global TB diagnostics market is expected to reach USD 3.01 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. As a direct result of this, the government and non-profit healthcare groups have started to take new steps to stop the spread of this disease. It is important to make people more aware of how important diagnosis is if we want to increase screening and diagnosis rates, which will help the TB diagnostics industry grow. In India, for example, the Revised National Tuberculosis Control Program (RNTCP) focuses on screening for TB and giving more people access to treatment by offering free diagnostic and treatment programs. This is done to reduce the number of people who have tuberculosis. The number of diagnoses is also increasing because this initiative makes it easier for the public and private sectors to work together.
The disease called TB is caused by a pathogen called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Even though it can be treated, it is still one of the leading causes of death among adults, especially in countries still building their healthcare systems. WHO estimates that about one-fourth of the world's population has TB. It means that people have been exposed to TB germs but don't have the disease yet. Because of this, they can't give it to other people. Also, TB people have a 5–10% chance of getting a serious illness. People who already have a weak immune system because of things like HIV, not eating enough, diabetes, or smoking are more likely to get sick. After COVID-19, tuberculosis is now the second biggest infectious killer in the world, after HIV/AIDS. It is the thirteenth leading cause of death in the world right now. In 2020, 1.5 million people, including 214 thousand HIV patients, died from tuberculosis. Most people in the world who have TB live in just eight countries. The first seven countries on the list are, in order, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, Pakistan, Bangladesh, and Nigeria. The eighth place goes to South Africa. Tuberculosis can affect people of all ages and from all over the world. It is expected that the growing popularity will affect the market's growth over the next few years. People are more likely to get drug-resistant tuberculosis if they have had contact with a tuberculosis patient who was resistant to drugs, if they don't take their medications as their doctor tells them to, if they have a relapse of tuberculosis even though they have been treated, or if they come from a place where drug-resistant tuberculosis is common. Tuberculosis resistant to many drugs can be hard to diagnose and cost a lot of time and money. With second-line drugs, the MDR strain of tuberculosis can be cured. On the other hand, there aren't many options for treatment after the first line, and the ones that are available require expensive and risky chemotherapy that is given over a long period (up to two years). In 2018, 59% of people with MDR/RR TB were able to get better with treatment around the world. Because of this, as was already said, it is expected that these things will become much more important throughout the forecast period.
Global TB Diagnostics Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 1.71 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||6.5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 3.01 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||199|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||110|
|Segments covered:||By Test Type, By End-User, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company., Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Qiagen NV, BioMerieux SA, Oxford Immunotec Ltd., Cepheid Inc., Akonni Biosystems Inc., PAR Pharmaceuticals, Alere Inc. (Abbott), Lionex GmbH, Creative Diagnostics|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for the global TB diagnostics market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global TB diagnostics market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global TB diagnostics market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the nucleic acid testing segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 25% and market revenue of 0.42 billion.
Based on the test type, the TB diagnostics market is categorized into Radiographic Tests, Laboratory Tests, Nucleic Acid Testing, Cytokine Detection Tests, Drug Resistance Tests, and Other Diagnostic Test Types. In 2021, the nucleic acid testing segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 25% and market revenue of 0.42 billion. Enzymatic amplification of bacterial DNA (or ribosomal RNA that has been translated into DNA) is followed by detection using a signal-generating probe and the right reading device. Also, you can buy several methods of enzymatic amplification in different markets around the world right now. PCR, which stands for "polymerase chain reaction," TMA, which stands for "transcription-mediated amplification," and SDA, which stands for "strand displacement amplification," are three of the most common ways to increase the amount of something.
- In 2021, the hospitals/Clinics segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and market revenue of 0.68 billion.
Based on the end user, the TB diagnostics market is categorized into hospitals/Clinics, Diagnostics/Research laboratories, and Other End Users. In 2021, hospitals/Clinics dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and revenue of 0.68 billion. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention say that more than 13 million people in the U.S. have TB that is not showing any symptoms. The number of people with MDR (multi-drug resistant) tuberculosis is expected to rise, increasing the need for diagnostic procedures in hospitals. Also, both public and private healthcare institutions and the government have started many programs to stop the spread of infectious diseases, which is expected to help this market grow.
Regional Segment Analysis of the TB Diagnostics Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global TB diagnostics market, with a market share of around 38.9% and 1.71 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global TB diagnostics market, with a market share of around 38.9% and 1.71 billion of the market revenue. Because the regional market is strong, there is a growing need for advanced medical care and the use of technology and new diagnostic methods to diagnose, treat, care for, rehabilitate, and improve healthcare as a whole. There is a good chance that the market for tuberculosis diagnostics will benefit from more money going into research and development for better TB tests. There have been more and more breakthroughs in diagnosing TB, which could be the reason for the rise. Many things on the market can help find out if someone has TB. These things include everything from genetic tests done in a lab to Al for CXR interpretation. In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recorded a total of 7,174 cases of tuberculosis in the year 2020. Since the number of tuberculosis cases in the country is going up, the market for TB diagnostics will likely grow.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. There is a good chance that the rising rate of tuberculosis in Japan's older people will increase the need for TB diagnostics. The countries with the newest cases of TB and the highest death rates were the ones with the most money spent on health care per person by the government, the most corrupt, and the fewest people taking dietary supplements. Tuberculosis is linked directly to not having enough access to clean water, good sanitation, and hospital beds. Since the Asia-Pacific region is still growing, not all of the new facilities are yet ready to use. As the number of people with tuberculosis rises, so does the market for TB diagnostics.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global TB diagnostics market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Becton Dickinson and Company
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Qiagen NV
- BioMerieux SA
- Oxford Immunotec Ltd.
- Cepheid Inc.
- Akonni Biosystems Inc.
- PAR Pharmaceuticals
- Alere Inc. (Abbott)
- Lionex GmbH
- Creative Diagnostics
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In May 2022, the Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) gave the Serum Institute in India permission to sell the Cy-Tb kit to people 18 and older. This kit can check for latent TB with a skin test. People who are at least 18 years old can use it.
- In March 2022, SRL Diagnostics was the first company to offer a test for TB that looked at the whole genome. This test not only cuts down on time it takes to find tuberculosis that doesn't respond to many treatments but also gives a full profile of resistance to 18 different TB drugs.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global TB diagnostics market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global TB Diagnostics Market, By Test Type
- Radiographic Test
- Laboratory Test
- Nucleic Acid Testing
- Cytokine Detection Test
- Drug Resistance Test
- Other Diagnostic Test Types
Global TB Diagnostics Market, By End User
- Diagnostics/Research Laboratory
- Other End Users
Global TB Diagnostics Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- THE US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the TB Diagnostics market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the TB Diagnostics market was valued at USD 1.71 billion in 2021 to USD 3.01 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the TB Diagnostics market?The TB Diagnostics market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the TB Diagnostics market?North America emerged as the largest market for TB Diagnostics.
Who are the key players in the TB Diagnostics market?Key players in the TB Diagnostics market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Becton Dickinson and Company, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Qiagen NV, BioMerieux SA, Oxford Immunotec Ltd., Cepheid Inc., Akonni Biosystems Inc., PAR Pharmaceuticals, Alere Inc. (Abbott), Lionex GmbH, and Creative Diagnostics.
Which factor drives the growth of the TB Diagnostics market?Increase in the prevalence of tuberculosis is expected to drives the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?