Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Disease Type (Pulmonary Diseases, Endocrine Diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases, Infectious Diseases, and Oncological Disorders), By Application (First Order Targeting [Organ Compartmentalization], Second Order Targeting [Cellular Targeting], and Third Order Targeting [Intracellular Targeting]), By End User (Hospitals, Clinics, and Others), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Targeted Drug Delivery Market was valued at USD 6,960 million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 16% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Targeted Drug Delivery Market is expected to reach USD 26,468 million by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Targeted Drug Delivery Market is expected to reach USD 26,468 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 16% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The major factors that are expected to drive the growth of the global targeted drug delivery market over the course of the forecast period are expected to be the increasing prevalence of diabetes among the population, the rise in research and development activities, and the increasing adoption of inorganic growth strategies by key players operating in the market. These inorganic growth strategies include mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, and collaborations.
A variety of drug carriers are utilized in targeted drug delivery, which results in the selective administration of the medicine to the organs, tissues, and cells being treated. Targeted drug delivery is the easiest way which is used to enhance the pharmacological and therapeutic properties of conventional drugs; not only this, it also helps in solving issues such as limited solubility, drug aggregation, poor bio-distribution, and a lack of selectivity, control drug release carrier, and reduce damage to normal tissue. Because it is non-toxic and biodegradable, it can potentially improve the concentration of the medication in the lesion site. There are several forms of drug delivery vehicles, including nanoparticle drug carriers, polymeric micelles, dendrimers, dendrimer-based drug carriers, and drug carriers based on lipoproteins. A perfect vehicle for drug delivery would be non-toxic, biocompatible, biodegradable, and non-immunogenic. Additionally, it would need to escape being recognized by the host's defensive mechanism. The market for targeted drug delivery systems worldwide has been broken down into distinct submarkets depending on delivery system, application, route of administration, and geographic region. In terms of the delivery method, it is anticipated that the targeted drug delivery sector will maintain its dominance during the projection period, with the polymeric drug delivery segment coming in second place.
This research report categorizes the market for global Targeted Drug Delivery based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global Targeted Drug Delivery market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Targeted Drug Delivery market sub-segments.
Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 6,960 million|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||16%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 26,468 million|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||245|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||134|
|Segments covered:||By Disease Type, By Application, By End User, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||AstraZeneca plc., Bayer AG, Pfizer, Inc., Novartis AG, Amgen Inc., Johnson and Johnson Services Inc., Baxter International, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, Becton, Dickinson & Company|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Cardiovascular Diseases segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 21% and market revenue of 1,461 million.
Based on the disease type, the targeted drug delivery market is categorized into pulmonary, endocrine, cardiovascular, infectious, and oncological disorders. In 2021, the cardiovascular diseases segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 21% and market revenue of 1,461 million. The primary factor contributing to the expansion of the cardiovascular disease market is the absence of public health initiatives that are both efficient and successful in eliminating risk factors for cardiovascular disease. Furthermore, the increasing demand for targeted drug delivery propels the segment's growth.
- In 2021, the first order segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 35% and market revenue of 2,436 million.
Based on the application type, the targeted drug delivery market is categorized into first-order targeting, second-order targeting, and third-order targeting. In 2021, the first order segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 35% and market revenue of 2,436 million. Some of the causes driving the segment's growth include the simplification of drug administration procedures, the avoidance of first-pass metabolism, the lower dosage required compared to conventional drug delivery, and the higher therapeutic efficacy that may be achieved in tiny doses. Furthermore, the increasing demand for targeted drug delivery propels the segment's growth.
- In 2021, the Hospital segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 37% and a market revenue of 2,575 million.
The targeted drug delivery market is categorized into hospitals, clinics, and others based on end users. In 2021, the hospital segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 37% and a market revenue of 2,575 million. As a result of an increased focus on moving from one patient to the next, hospitals have become responsible for most of the market's revenue. In addition, there has been an increase in the demand for medications sold in bulk for targeted drug administration. Hospitals see the greatest number of people compared to clinics and other medical facilities.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Targeted Drug Delivery Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Targeted Drug Delivery Market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 2,742.2 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global targeted drug delivery market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 2,742.2 million of the market revenue. The market for targeted drug delivery in the North American region has been expanding owing to the increasing rising R&D activities by several small and medium enterprises to develop medical healthcare facilities in the healthcare sector. However, a primary increase among North America’s growth is in the costs associated with research and development in the United States for sophisticated drug delivery systems. The number of people who have cancer is another element that contributes to expanding the industry in North America.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, owing to the increasing demand for several applications such as catheters & cannulas, drug delivery systems, bulk targeted drug delivery, and other special applications (smoke evacuation tubing and peristaltic pump tubing). In addition, the increase in healthcare accessibility and the rapidly growing demand for minimally invasive medical procedures adds impetus to the market’s growth in the region. The multiplying middle-class population in China and India increases the demand for minimally invasive techniques. There is an advancement in the efficient medical devices in the region coupled with the increasing interest of people in taking care of elderly people at home with easy & simple products.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- AstraZeneca plc.
- Bayer AG
- Pfizer, Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Amgen Inc.
- Johnson and Johnson Services Inc.
- Baxter International, Inc.
- Boston Scientific Corporation,
- Dickinson & Company
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In February 2022, phase IIa research using the claudin 18.2 monoclonal antibody TST001 in combination with cisplatin and gemcitabine as the first-line therapy for biliary tract cancer was started, according to the clinical biopharmaceutical business Transcenta Holding Limited.
- In March 2022, The first patient dose for a phase I multi-regional clinical trial of YH002 (anti-OX40 monoclonal antibody, mAb), in combination with YH001 (anti-CTLA-4 mAb), in Australia was disclosed by Eucure Biopharma, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Biocytogen. These tests were run concurrently with YH001 (anti-CTLA-4 mAb).
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Targeted Drug Delivery market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market, By Disease Type
- Pulmonary Diseases
- Endocrine Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Infectious Diseases
- Oncological Disorders
Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market, By Application
- First Order Targeting
- Organ Compartmentalization
- Second Order Targeting
- Cellular Targeting
- Third Order Targeting
- Intracellular Targeting
Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market, By End Users
Global Targeted Drug Delivery Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Targeted Drug Delivery market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Targeted Drug Delivery market was valued at USD 6,960 million in 2021 to USD 26,468 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Targeted Drug Delivery market?The Targeted Drug Delivery market is growing at a CAGR of 16% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Targeted Drug Delivery market?North America emerged as the largest market for Targeted Drug Delivery.
Who are the key players in the Targeted Drug Delivery market?Key players in the Targeted Drug Delivery market are AstraZeneca plc., Dickinson & Company, Bayer AG, Pfizer, Inc., Novartis AG, Amgen Inc., Johnson and Johnson Services Inc., Baxter International, Inc., Boston Scientific Corporation, and Becton.
Need help to buy this report?