Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market was valued at USD 1,520.1 million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market is expected to reach USD 2259.0 million by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market is expected to reach USD 2259.0 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 4.5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. Systemic scleroderma is an autoimmune disease that causes the skin and internal organs to harden and become thick. The exponential growth in the number of government initiatives and services available to promote knowledge about the illness and therapeutic options is a key element driving the development of systemic scleroderma treatments and the demand for them.
Scleroderma, often referred to as sclerosis, is an extremely uncommon and chronic illness characterized by the excessive synthesis of collagen in the body's tissues. Scleroderma mostly affects the skin. However, it is not restricted to the skin and can also have an effect on several important internal organs, including the kidney, lungs, heart, and others. Systemic scleroderma is the medical term for the condition in which thickening of the tissues may be noticed not only in the skin but also in the internal organs. The tightness and hardness of skin patches caused by systemic scleroderma might make it difficult to move the region affected by the disease. The number of patches and their size can change depending on how severe the systemic scleroderma illness is. One of the initial symptoms of systemic scleroderma is a condition called Raynaud's syndrome, which produces discomfort and numbness in the fingers or toes in reaction to cold temperatures. The gastrointestinal tract may be affected by systemic scleroderma, which may result in cramping, diarrhea, constipation, heartburn, and a reduction in the body's ability to properly absorb nutrients from the food it eats into its cells. If it is not treated at the appropriate time, systemic scleroderma can develop into a potentially fatal condition. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are working to create new possible therapies for treating systemic scleroderma. This is one factor that is further pushing the market for systemic scleroderma treatment. For instance, the European Commission granted Boehringer Ingelheim authorization to use nintedanib in adults with systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease in November 2020. Nintedanib is used to treat systemic sclerosis-associated interstitial lung disease. ALPN-101, a treatment in development by Abbvie and used to treat systemic lupus erythematosus, has finished its Phase 3 study with flying colors. The Phase 2 trial of Nilotinib for the treatment of systemic sclerosis was also successfully finished by Novartis. This development, expected to boost the market for systemic scleroderma treatments, was made possible because Novartis completed and passed the trial successfully.
This research report categorizes the global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market sub-segments.
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 1,520.1 million|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||4.5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 2259.0 million|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||215|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||163|
|Segments covered:||By Drug Class, By Disease Type, By Route of Administration By Distribution Channel, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Allergan, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Biogen, Novartis AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., AstraZeneca, Celgene Corporation, Ono pharmaceutical co. Ltd, Aspen Holdings, Corbus Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Bayer AG, Argentis Pharmaceuticals, LLC., Amgen Inc., Sanofi|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Endothelin Receptor Antagonists segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 20% and market revenue of 304.02 million.
Based on the drug type, the systemic scleroderma treatment market is categorized into immunosuppressors, calcium channel blockers, proton pump inhibitors, phosphodiesterase 5 inhibitors, endothelin receptor antagonists, prostacyclin analogs, and others. In 2021, the endothelin receptor antagonists segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 20% and market revenue of 304.02 million. Drugs belonging to the class known as endothelin receptor antagonists (ERA) are effective at blocking endothelin receptors, particularly type A receptors. This induces vasodilation, which may reduce blood pressure and improve blood flow to organs such as the kidney, liver, and brain. Ambrisentan, bosentan, sitaxsentan, and macitentant are some of these alternatives. Both pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH) and scleroderma are treated with these medications. Due to its effects on scleroderma, it is used excessively, leading to market growth.
- In 2021, the hospital pharmacies segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 37% and market revenue of 562.4 million.
Based on the distribution channel, the systemic scleroderma treatment market is categorized into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, and online pharmacies. In 2021, hospital pharmacies dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 562.4 million. Systemic sclerosis treatment is increasingly being utilized in hospitals and pharmacies to treat patients with uncontrolled autoimmune disorders such as systemic sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, and rheumatoid arthritis. This contributes to the rapid expansion of the hospital segment. Immunosuppressants and phosphodiesterase-V inhibitors (PDE), both of which are part of the systemic treatment for scleroderma, are used to assist reduce the thickening impact of the illness on the skin.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, with a market share of around 38.1% and 577.6 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, with a market share of around 38.1% and 577.6 million of the market revenue. The market for systemic scleroderma treatment in the North American region has been expanding owing to the increasing rising R&D activities by several small and medium enterprises to develop medical healthcare facilities in the healthcare sector. Furthermore, the U.S has kept its R&D tax credit low which increases the demand for Systemic Scleroderma Treatment in the market. Also, the population of elderly people in the region is rising at an alarming rate; however, America and Canada have the most prosperous aging populations due to social security payments by the government. For instance, the Nordson Corporation launched a Polyurethane Tubing named 80 Durometer medical tubing to be used for medical applications.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030, owing to the increasing demand for several applications such as catheters & cannulas, drug delivery systems, Systemic Scleroderma Treatment equipment, and other special applications (smoke evacuation tubing and peristaltic pump tubing). In addition, the increase in healthcare accessibility and the rapidly growing demand for minimally invasive medical procedures adds impetus to the market’s growth in the region. The multiplying middle-class population in China and India increases the demand for minimally invasive techniques. There is an advancement in the efficient medical devices in the region coupled with the increasing interest of people in taking care of elderly people at home with easy & simple products.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
- Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- GlaxoSmithKline plc.
- Novartis AG
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Celgene Corporation
- Ono pharmaceutical co. Ltd
- Aspen Holdings
- Corbus Pharmaceuticals
- Pfizer Inc.
- Eli Lilly and Company
- Bayer AG
- Argentis Pharmaceuticals, LLC.
- Amgen Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In March 2017- Imatinib Mesylate (Gleevec), an oral chemotherapy medication, demonstrated promising results in a study conducted and published in the Journal of Rheumatology. The study aimed to determine whether or not the medication could be utilized to treat diffuse cutaneous systemic sclerosis. Novartis Pharmaceuticals, which has its headquarters in Switzerland, is the firm that produces the medication known as imatinib mesylate (Gleevec).
- In September 2019- The United States Food and Drug Administration granted approval to the German pharmaceutical company Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH for the drug Ofev (nintedanib), which is intended to be used to treat patients who suffer from systemic sclerosis associated with interstitial lung disease.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global systemic scleroderma treatment market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, By Drug Class Type
- Calcium channel blockers
- Proton pump inhibitors
- Alkylating agents
- Interleukin inhibitors
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, By Disease Type
- Limited systemic sclerosis
- Generalized systemic sclerosis
- Systemic sclerosis sine scleroderma
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, By Administration Type
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, By Distribution Channel Type
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Systemic Scleroderma Treatment Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- THE US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market was valued at USD 1520.1 million in 2021 to USD 21704.4 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market?The Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market is growing at a CAGR of 4.5% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market?North America emerged as the largest market for Systemic Scleroderma Treatment.
Who are the key players in the Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market?Key players in the Systemic Scleroderma Treatment market are Bristol-Myers Squibb Company, Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH, Allergan, Actelion Pharmaceuticals Ltd, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, GlaxoSmithKline plc., Biogen, Novartis AG, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., AstraZeneca, Celgene Corporation, Ono pharmaceutical co. Ltd, Aspen Holdings, Corbus Pharmaceuticals, Pfizer Inc., Eli Lilly and Company, Bayer AG, Argentis Pharmaceuticals, LLC., Amgen Inc., Sanofi
Need help to buy this report?