Global Sterile Filtration Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Product (Cartridge Filter, Capsule Filter, Syringe Filter, and Others) By End User (Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies, Contract Research Organizations and Research Laboratories) and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa) Analysis and Forecast 2022 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global Sterile Filtration Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global sterile filtration market was valued at USD 5.3 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2022 to 2030
- The global sterile filtration market is expected to reach USD 11.0 billion by 2030
- Asia-Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global sterile filtration market is expected to reach USD 11.0 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The sterile filtration market has grown due to the growing advantages of sterile filters over non-sterile filters. In addition, the growing demand for pure water.
The removal of microorganisms from a fluid stream without harming the finished product is done through sterilizing filtration. Sterile filtering aims to protect patients or users, reduce patient risk, and provide more useful products with no negative side effects. Filtering tools are used in sterile filtration. These are supplied in sealed packaging and can be pre-sterilized before the main sterilization procedure. One of the key procedures in many sectors, including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, food and beverage, and research institutions, is filtering. The filtration procedure makes sure that the items are sufficiently cleaned and safe to eat. It stops the loss of expensive goods. For pharmaceuticals, sterile filtration can be performed via microfiltration employing membrane filtration. Because of the expanding pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical industries and rising investments in R&D activities. The total global revenues of the pharmaceutical sector were estimated to be around USD 852,647 million, according to the European Federation of Pharmaceutical Industries and Associations. Furthermore, the production sites may emit large levels of antibiotics, which could lead to the emergence of novel infections. Therefore, filtering plays a significant role in the production of pharmaceuticals. In order to protect the pharmaceuticals against the entrance of harmful bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms while maintaining patient safety. The market for sterile filtering is expanding primarily due to rising pharmaceutical investment and the growing prevalence of chronic and acute disorders. The Economic Cooperation and Development organization estimates that in 2019, pharmaceutical investments in OECD countries were over $900 billion, or 20% of total healthcare investments. Additionally, during the forecast period, it is anticipated that growing consumer preferences for sterile fillers due to their superior benefits over non-sterile fillers, increased use of pure water in numerous end-use industries, the introduction of single-use devices and disposables, the development of high-rated biotechnological drugs, and the introduction of single-use devices and disposables will all propel the growth of the sterile filtration market.
Global Sterile Filtration Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 5.3 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||8.5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 11.0 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||199|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||106|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By End User, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||KGaA (Germany), Danaher (U.S.), Sartorius AG (Germany), General Electric (U.S.), 3M (U.S.), Parker Hannifin Corp (U.S.), Sterlitech Corporation (U.S.), Alfa Laval AB (Sweden), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Porvair Filtration Group (U.K.), Medtronic (U.S.), MEISSNER FILTRATION PRODUCTS, INC. (U.S.), Donaldson Company, Inc. (U.S.), Corning Incorporated (U.S.), Eaton (Ireland), and Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC. (U.S.).|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global sterile filtration based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global sterile filtration market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global sterile filtration market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the cartridge filters segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 41% and market revenue of 2.17 billion.
Based on the product, the global sterile filtration market is categorized into Cartridge Filters, Capsule filters, Syringe filters, and Others. In 2021, the cartridge filters segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 41% and market revenue of 2.17 billion. In order to keep a pool clean and safe, cartridge filters are necessary. All detritus, undesired dirt, calcium, and oils are to be removed by it.
- In 2021, the pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 45% and market revenue of 2.38 billion.
Based on the end-user, the sterile filtration market is categorized into Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies, Contract Research Organizations, and Research Laboratories. In 2021, the pharmaceutical & biopharmaceutical companies segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 45% and a market revenue of 2.38 billion. The pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries' expansion in both developed and developing nations contributes to the growth of the global sterile filtration market. The global sterile filtration market is also being driven by the rise in chronic disorders like diabetes, kidney disease, cancer, and heart issues. Early diagnosis and treatment are necessary for many ailments, which fuels the expansion of pharmaceutical goods and medications. The global sterile filtration market is expanding as a result of end-user demand for very pure products from pharmaceutical and biotech companies.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Sterile Filtration Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America emerged as the largest market for the global sterile filtration market, with a market share of around 39% and 5.3 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global sterile filtration market, with a market share of around 39% and 5.3 billion of the market revenue. Because there are more API production facilities and businesses are spending more money on research and development. According to US FDA (Food & Drug Administration) data, there were about 510 API facilities in the country in 2019. Additionally, the Pharmaceutical Research & Manufacturers of America estimates that biopharmaceutical businesses invested roughly 79.6 billion USD in R&D in 2018.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, due to the presence of small and medium-scale companies. Foreign businesses have become interested in investing in Asia-Pacific due to its booming sterile filtration market.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global sterile filtration market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Merck KGaA (Germany)
- Danaher (U.S.)
- Sartorius AG (Germany)
- General Electric (U.S.)
- 3M (U.S.)
- Parker Hannifin Corp (U.S.)
- Sterlitech Corporation (U.S.)
- Alfa Laval AB (Sweden)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.)
- Porvair Filtration Group (U.K.)
- Medtronic (U.S.)
- MEISSNER FILTRATION PRODUCTS, INC. (U.S.)
- Donaldson Company, Inc. (U.S.)
- Corning Incorporated (U.S.)
- Eaton (Ireland)
- Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC. (U.S.)
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In April 2021, Amcor, a business that recently created recyclable packaging, announced customer trials of the best recyclable thermoform blister packaging made of polyethylene. The new packaging meets the strict criteria of highly specialized and regulated pharmaceutical packaging while also providing a more ecologically friendly alternative to the most popular type of healthcare packaging. This invention has a decreased carbon footprint of up to 70%.
- In September 2021, Nelipak Laboratory Services carried out package integrity testing to safeguard the sterility and integrity of goods. Packaging integrity is a major concern for all manufacturers, but medical device manufacturers are particularly worried since the sterility and integrity of products can have a big impact on patient’s health.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global sterile filtration market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Sterile Filtration Market, By Product
- Cartridge Filter
- Capsule Filter
- Syringe Filter
Global Sterile Filtration Market, By End-user
- Pharmaceutical & Biopharmaceutical Companies
- Contract Research Organizations
- Research Laboratories
Global Sterile Filtration Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Sterile Filtration market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Sterile Filtration market was valued at USD 5.3 billion in 2021 to USD 11.0 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Sterile Filtration market?The Sterile Filtration market is growing at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Sterile Filtration market?North America emerged as the largest market for Sterile Filtration.
Who are the key players in the Sterile Filtration market?Key players in the Sterile Filtration market are Merck KGaA (Germany), Danaher (U.S.), Sartorius AG (Germany), General Electric (U.S.), 3M (U.S.), Parker Hannifin Corp (U.S.), Sterlitech Corporation (U.S.), Alfa Laval AB (Sweden), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), Porvair Filtration Group (U.K.), Medtronic (U.S.), MEISSNER FILTRATION PRODUCTS, INC. (U.S.), Donaldson Company, Inc. (U.S.), Corning Incorporated (U.S.), Eaton (Ireland), and Cole-Parmer Instrument Company, LLC. (U.S.).
Which factor drives the growth of the Sterile Filtration market?The rise in chronic diseases is expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?