Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market was valued at USD 650.30 Million in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.45% from 2022 to 2030
- The global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market is expected to reach USD 1146.19 Million by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market Size is expected to reach USD 1146.19 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.45% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market is expected to be driven by factors such as the numerous uses of sodium lauryl sulphate in soaps, detergents, and cleansers, the expanding global personal care market, and rising consumer awareness of personal hygiene.
Since Sodium Lauryl Sulphate has a higher emulsifying capacity than other chemicals and a relatively low environmental effect, sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) is frequently used as a surfactant. Numerous sectors, including the chemical, food, and pharmaceutical industries, apply strict safety regulations and demand thorough workplace cleaning since contamination may lead to both product deterioration and serious health problems. Increased industrial activity and a high focus on workplace hygiene standards are expected to drive sodium lauryl sulphate market share in the upcoming years. Due to its numerous uses in soaps, detergents, and cleaners, which enable the separation of dirt molecules from the surface and improve product interaction with the surface, the sodium lauryl sulfate market is anticipated to expand. Additionally, the market is being driven by the expanding worldwide personal care sector, since sodium lauryl sulphate is a common ingredient in toothpaste, shampoos, and soaps.
Furthermore, increased consumer awareness and government activities to promote awareness regarding the maintenance of personal hygiene are predicted to complement the demand for sodium lauryl sulphate during the forecasted years. Due to the use of SLS in industrial cleaning products, household cleaning products, and laundry detergents, the current COVID-19 epidemic has had a largely favourable effect. The COVID-19 pandemic's unexpected rise in demand for these treatments to combat the virus has raised sodium lauryl sulphate’s total market share internationally. Due to the rising use of detergents and household cleaning products in hospitals, SLS has seen a major increase in demand across several locations.
The prevalence of the COVID-19 pandemic and the emergence of new, more effective medications are two signs that the sodium lauryl sulphate market is changing. SLS is also often used in pharmaceuticals as tablet and capsule lubricants because to its great solubilizing, good penetrating, and emulsifying properties. Furthermore, by removing the natural oil, SLS cosmetics and beauty products can lead to dry skin, which can irritate the skin and create allergic responses. Due to consumer shifts toward natural and organic goods over the evaluation period, SLS demand in personal care applications is increasing.
Customers who purchase packaged goods are very worried about being exposed to toxic chemicals. The complexity of chemical nomenclature and the accessibility of scientific research provide extensive knowledge, which is misunderstood by the general public. This has contributed to misinformation about the compound's impact on environmental health and unsupported news assertions about the surfactant sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). The main issues that are impeding the market's growth are SLS's toxicity to aquatic life and its capacity to bio accumulate in the bodies of fish and other species.
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 650.30 Million|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||5.45%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 1146.19 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||215|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||104|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Croda International, Lion, TAYCA Corporation, Clariant, Solvay, Huntsman International LLC, Stepan Company, Henkel AG & Co, KGaA, Galaxy Surfactants, BASF (Thailand), The Dow Chemical Company, Kao Corporation, Oxiteno, Godrej Industries Limited, Taiwan NJC Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, and Akzo Noble N.V.|
|Growth Drivers:||Increasing use of surfactants across several sectors is expected to drives the markets growth over the forecast period.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Toxicity to humans and the environment.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market sub-segments.
- Increasing use of surfactants across several sectors.
- Expanding product demand in industrialized nations.
- Popular usage in cleaning both homes and businesses.
- Increasing use as a disinfectant during COVID-19
- High Cost and Low Awareness of Benefits
- Toxicity to humans and the environment.
- SLS demand in personal care applications will grow slowly.
- Emerging Applications Across Various Industries
- In 2021, the Dry segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 55.7% and Market revenue of 362.21 Million.
Based on the Product, the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market is categorized into Liquid and Dry. In 2021, the Dry segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 43.7% and Market revenue of 362.21 Million. The Dry market category now has the largest market share and is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR over the anticipated years because due to its numerous uses in the manufacturing of detergents and lotions, creams, and other personal care & beauty products. Shampoos, cleaning solutions, toothpaste, and shaving foams are examples of grooming products that can utilise low concentration dry SLS. Additionally, dry SLS has a potent antibacterial impact on the oral bacterial ecology, opening the door to its widespread use as a surfactant in toothpaste. Dry SLS is recommended in applications where strong cleaning qualities are required, including industrial cleansers and other uses, such as the textile and leather industries, for wetting and stabilisation. Dry SLS typically contains an active matter near to or more than 90%. These uses will also support the expansion of the sodium lauryl sulphate market as a whole.
- In 2021, the Household Products segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 27.6% and a Market revenue of 179.48 Million.
Based on the application, the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market is categorized into Industrial Cleaners, Household Products, Personal care and Others. In 2021, the Household Products segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 27.6% and a Market revenue of 179.48 Million. Throughout the forecast period, the Household Products segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR driven by expanding per capita wealth and growing public health concerns in nations like China, India, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia, and South Korea. Leading market competitors are actively implementing promotional tactics and improving their product offerings for home and cleaning goods.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, with a Market share of around 32.5% and 211.34 Million of the Market revenue in 2021.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, with a Market share of around 32.5% and 211.34 Million of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market. The market for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate was dominated by the Asia Pacific region because holds a dominance on the worldwide market share. The global laundry market is now expanding at the quickest rate in China. Due to the evolving retail environment in India and the increased accessibility of various items from various brands, washing machine-based laundry products have become increasingly popular. This increase in detergent usage is anticipated to increase the need for SLS. Additionally, the greatest use for sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) was in detergents and cleaners; this market is anticipated to maintain its dominance during the projected period, mostly because of the rise in home applications.
- North America Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, The demand for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate from the Personal care industries is expected to expand over the course of the forecast period, which reflects well for the North American Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market. Hair care, oral care, face care, cosmetics, perfumes & scents, and sanitary goods are some of the subsectors of the personal care business. Major worldwide brands like L'Oréal, Maybelline, and Estee Lauder are present in the majority of the North America nations. The use of personal care goods in this region is mostly influenced by the high disposable income of customers and affluent lifestyles.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Croda International
- TAYCA Corporation
- Huntsman International LLC
- Stepan Company
- Henkel AG & Co
- Galaxy Surfactants
- BASF (Thailand)
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Kao Corporation
- Godrej Industries Limited
- Taiwan NJC Corporation
- Evonik Industries AG
- Akzo Noble N.V.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In October 2018, In order to introduce Persil Power gems, a new type of detergent that is neither powder nor liquid but includes lentil-shaped crystals that are more concentrated than any other washing powder, Henkel AG & Company, KGaA invested over USD Millions in research and development operations.
- In June 2018, The leading provider of speciality chemicals in the world, Clariant, has unveiled Playing with Beauty, its most avant-garde and distinctive line of cosmetics. It was created particularly to make regular beauty practises a more dynamic and engaging emotional experience.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, By Product
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, By Application
- Industrial Cleaners
- Personal care
- Household Products
Global Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Market, Regional Analysis
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market was valued at USD 650.30 million in 2022 to USD 1146.19 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?The Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
Who are the key players in the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?Key players in the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market are Croda International, Lion, TAYCA Corporation, Clariant, Solvay, Huntsman International LLC, Stepan Company, Henkel AG & Co, KGaA, Galaxy Surfactants, BASF (Thailand), The Dow Chemical Company, Kao Corporation, Oxiteno, Godrej Industries Limited, Taiwan NJC Corporation, Evonik Industries AG, and Akzo Noble N.V.
Which factor drives the growth of the Sodium Lauryl Sulfate market?Increasing use of surfactants across several sectors is expected to drives the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?