Global Sodium Carbonate Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Sodium Carbonate Market was valued at USD 13.5 Billion in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2022 to 2030
- The Global Sodium Carbonate Market is expected to reach USD 23.59 Billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Sodium Carbonate Market is expected to reach USD 23.59 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The use of sodium carbonate in the production of goods for the automotive and construction sectors, soda-lime-silica glass, and glass containers for food and beverages, among other glass-related businesses, is anticipated to increase significantly. Thus, the need for container glass for consumer goods as well as flat glassware for the housing, automobile, and commercial building industries has increased demand for the sodium carbonate market.
Sodium carbonate, commonly referred to as soda ash, is an inorganic chemical that is white in colour and has alkaline qualities. It is used in many different goods, including detergents, glass, chemicals, feed, and food. Sodium carbonate, commonly known as hygroscopic sodium carbonate, has the chemical formula N2CO3, making it an amorphous material with improved solubility in practically all solvents, including water. In the glassmaking sector, where emphasis must be placed on cutting costs, sodium carbonate also aids in lowering furnace temperatures necessary to melt sand. The numerous uses of sodium carbonate, include in food, the production of chemicals, personal care items, and pool upkeep. Growing environmental consciousness and rising glass manufacturing sectors are both contributing to the growth of the sodium carbonate market. Growing demand for sodium carbonate is also expected to drive market expansion. However, a variety of constraints are anticipated to constrain the market throughout the anticipated timeframe. Growing demand for soda ash in the detergent business - Soda ash, which is commonly used in the detergent industry, has replaced conventional phosphate. Sodium carbonate is frequently utilised to improve and impart detergent and soap cleaning abilities. Additionally, soda ash emphasises how widely used it is in the manufacture of detergents, particularly in emerging nations in Southeast Asia and the Pacific, the ASEAN nations, and India. Additionally, it is anticipated that the aforementioned variables would have a positive impact on the soda ash industry. Expansion of important sectors like metallurgy and chemicals in the metallurgical processing sector, soda ash is frequently used to recycle aluminium and zinc.
Additionally, sulphur and phosphate are removed from ferrous and non-ferrous ores using the chemical. Soda ash is used to create a variety of compounds, including sodium bicarbonate, sodium percarbonate, sodium silicate, sodium chromate, and sodium dichromate. Therefore, the increased use of soda ash in the chemical and metallurgical industries is anticipated to have a substantial impact on the market over the projected period. Sodium carbonate is likely to have a large increase in the projected period due to the growing attention on environmental issues including reducing the acidity of water bodies. By regulating the alkaline levels in surface water, it also aids in lowering pH level variations that adversely affect aquatic life. Availability of alternatives Due to the widespread acceptance and utilisation of soda ash, glass manufacture, particularly flat glasses and container glasses, achieves a large share of over 50%. However, during the course of the predicted period, there has been a noticeable growth in the use of substitutes including plastic, recycled glasses, and others. Furthermore, aluminium and plastics have largely taken the role of glass containers in the food and packaging sectors. The sales of soda ash have decreased as a result of reasons including the popularity of liquid detergents in the soap and detergent sector.Traditional dry powders remain soda ash's main end consumers, while the use of liquid detergents is growing. As a result, these factors are anticipated to have an impact on the growth of the soda ash market throughout the projected period. The proliferation of the pharmaceutical industries is anticipated to present lucrative prospects for the expansion of the sodium carbonate market in terms of higher revenue over the projected period, leading to an increase in investment by major market participants.
Global Sodium Carbonate Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 13.5 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||6.4%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 23.59 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||279|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||110|
|Segments covered:||By Product Type, By End-User|
|Companies Covered:||Tata Chemicals Ltd, DCW Ltd., Genesis Energy, LP, Nirma Ltd., Ciner Group, Novacap Group, CIECH SA, Shandong Haihua Group Co. Ltd, Tronox limited, and J M Lover ridge.|
|Growth Drivers:||Increasing demand for soda ash in the detergent industry is expected to drive the markets growth over the forecast period.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||A variety of constraints are anticipated to constrain the market throughout the anticipated timeframe.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Sodium Carbonate based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Sodium Carbonate Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Sodium Carbonate Market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the Synthetic segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 56.6% and a Market revenue of 7.64 Billion.
Based on the type, the Sodium Carbonate Market is categorized into Natural and Synthetic. In 2021, the Synthetic segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 56.6% and a Market revenue of 7.64 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the Synthetic segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR. The expansion of the synthetic sector is projected to be influenced by factors like the simple production procedure. It is also anticipated that increasing supply of raw materials including coke, limestone, and brine will hasten the market's expansion for sodium carbonate. Additionally, it is projected that the expanding usage of sodium carbonate in several sectors would fuel the expansion of the sodium carbonate market.
- In 2021, the Flat Glass segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 21.6% and a Market revenue of 2.91 Billion.
Based on the end-users, the Sodium Carbonate Market is categorized Flat Glass, Container Glass, Other Glass, Chemicals, Soap & Detergent, Mining and Others. In 2021, the Flat Glass segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 21.6% and a Market revenue of 2.91 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the Flat Glass segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR Because the need for flat glass has risen as a consequence of the increased construction of non-residential and residential structures to fulfil the expanding demand, which is predominantly in China, India, and the United States, as well as the significant investment in new infrastructure. Demand for sodium carbonate in the United States is driven by flat glass applications, which offers the building industry fantastic development potential. The need for housing has risen as a result of expanding urbanisation and a sizable population base, which is largely responsible for the growth of the building sector in emerging Asia-Pacific countries.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Sodium Carbonate Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the global Sodium Carbonate Market, with a Market share of around 42.2% and 5.69 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the global Sodium Carbonate Market, with a Market share of around 42.2% and 5.69 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Sodium Carbonate is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market. The market for Sodium Carbonate was dominated by the Asia Pacific region because A large portion of the world's exports of several chemical subsegments, including agrochemicals, dyes, and medicines, come from Asia Pacific. China has significantly increased its petrochemical and refinery investments over the past several years, making it a key player in the crude-to-chemicals supply chain. Growing end-use industries including construction, automotive, and consumer goods as a result of changing lifestyles brought on by rising disposable income and economic expansion should continue to fuel the chemicals sector and boost sodium carbonate market revenue.
- North America Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, The demand for sodium carbonate created with various flat glass applications has exceeded supply in the United States, which indicates the enormous development potential in the building sector. The expanding urbanisation and sizable population base, which have raised demand for dwellings using sodium carbonate-based goods, are largely responsible for the rise of the building industry in emerging nations in Asia Pacific.
Get more details on this report -
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Sodium Carbonate Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Tata Chemicals Ltd
- DCW Ltd.
- Genesis Energy
- Nirma Ltd.
- Ciner Group
- Novacap Group
- CIECH SA
- Shandong Haihua Group Co. Ltd
- Tronox limited
- J M Lover ridge
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In July 2019, Tata Chemicals gave the go-ahead for the expansion of the Gujarat-based soda ash facilities at an estimated cost of Rs 1,042.08 crores. The plans include for expanding its Devbhumi Dwarka district soda ash plants from 10.95 lakh tonnes per year to 113.20 lakh tonnes per year.
- In June 2019, In Germany, the CIECH Group opened a new line of manufacturing for specialised sodium bicarbonate products used in dialysis. The Stassfurt factory's capacity to produce sodium bicarbonate has increased by more than 80% (50,000 tonnes per year) thanks to new production lines. These lines also assist the growth of the Group's product range by producing a variant of soda ash that is utilised in the pharmaceutical sector.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Sodium Carbonate Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Sodium Carbonate Market, By Type:
Global Sodium Carbonate Market, By End-users:
- Flat Glass
- Container Glass
- Other Glass
- Soap & Detergent
Global Sodium Carbonate Market, Regional Analysis:
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Sodium Carbonate market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Sodium Carbonate market was valued at USD 13.5 billion in 2022 to USD 23.59 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Sodium Carbonate market?The Sodium Carbonate market is growing at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Sodium Carbonate market?Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for Sodium Carbonate.
Who are the key players in the Sodium Carbonate market?Key players in the Sodium Carbonate market are Tata Chemicals Ltd, DCW Ltd., Genesis Energy, LP, Nirma Ltd., Ciner Group, Novacap Group, CIECH SA, Shandong Haihua Group Co. Ltd, Tronox limited, and J M Lover ridge.
Which factor drives the growth of the Sodium Carbonate market?Increasing demand for soda ash in the detergent industry is expected to drive the markets growth over the forecast period.Increasing demand for soda ash in the detergent industry is expected to drive the markets growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?