Global Satellite Earth Observation Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global satellite earth observation market was valued at USD 7,705.9 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 7% from 2021 to 2030
- The global satellite earth observation market is expected to reach USD 14,166 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global satellite earth observation market is expected to reach USD 14,166 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The expansion of satellite earth observation is due to the increased usage of earth observation satellites in a variety of end-use industries, and the integration of digital data analysis and geospatial data fusion have all contributed to the market value increase.
Satellite earth observation is carried out with the assistance of satellites around the world. This allows scientists to monitor and analyze changes in the surrounding environment, as well as create maps. The satellite earth observation technology collects and stores information from satellites. Satellite communication services offer a secure bandwidth capacity, which is excellent for military operations carried out in remote places with inadequate and unreliable communications infrastructure. In the next years, it is projected that the revenue earned by using fixed satellite services (also known as FSS) in applications used by the government and the military will experience a substantial increase. The capabilities of commercial satellites are being integrated into the military communication networks of nations worldwide. This is because the government is making more efforts to accommodate the increased communication requirements for a variety of applications, such as Airborne Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (AISR), and Communications on the Move (COM) (COTM). These services demand coverage that is both consistent and widespread, both of which are characteristics that satellite services can very easily meet. The Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) estimates that there are 6,542 artificial satellites currently circling the planet as of the beginning of 2021, with 3,372 of those spacecraft being operational. The Satcom business has been revolutionized as a result of the emergence of reusable rocket vehicles for use in commercial, military, and aerospace applications as well as the surge in popularity of mobile satellites operating in low-Earth orbit (LEO).
This research report categorizes the market for global satellite earth observation market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global satellite earth observation market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global satellite earth observation market sub-segments.
Global Satellite Earth Observation Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 7,705.9 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||7%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 14,166 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||230|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||195|
|Segments covered:||By Payload Type, By Altitude, By Technology, By Applications, By End-user Vertical, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Airbus SAS, Ball Corporation, DigitalGlobe, L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, OHB System AG , Thales Group, Boeing|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the SATCOM segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 30% and market revenue of 2,311.7 billion.
Based on the payload type, the satellite earth observation market is categorized into SATCOM, EO/IR, Communication, Imaging, and Navigation. In 2021, the SATCOM segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 30% and market revenue of 2,311.7billion. It is anticipated that the Satcom transceiver has the greatest market. The expansion of the Satcom transceiver market has been spurred by the increasing need for transcontinental coverage across different networks. The Satcom equipment is utilized mostly for applications including the monitoring of the weather, the observation of military targets, navigation, and communications. The expansion of cloud-based services in ground mobility platforms and the growing need for high throughput satellite services are both contributing factors to the expansion of the Satcom equipment market during the course of the forthcoming forecast period.
- In 2021, the optical segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and market revenue of 3,082 billion.
Based on the technology, the satellite earth observation market is categorized into Optical, Synthetic Aperture Radar. In 2021, the optical segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and market revenue of 3,082 billion. The optical segment will account for the greatest revenue in the market as Satellites equipped with optical technology are utilized in various industries, including urban planning, agriculture, and the evaluation of damage caused by natural disasters, to name a few. Data is gathered by optical satellites with the use of sensors that can detect both visible light and near-infrared radiation. These are nadir viewing devices with a horizontal spatial resolution ranging from one to three hundred meters. It is anticipated that this will result in a significant increase in demand for optical technologies.
- In 2021, the disaster management segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 20% and a market revenue of 1,541.1 billion.
Based on application, the Satellite Earth Observation Market is categorized into Infrastructure, Environment Monitoring, Energy, Natural Resources Monitoring, Maritime, Disaster Management, and Others. In 2021, the disaster management segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 20% and market revenue of 1,541.1 billion. The disaster management application is anticipated to be the front runner in the global market for satellite earth observation. This is due to the ability of data and services to cater information regarding wildlife trends, land use patterns, tracking biodiversity, and managing natural resources, amongst other things, and help attain social, environmental, and economic sustainability.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Satellite Earth Observation Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global satellite earth observation market, with a market share of around 35.11% and 7,705.9 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global satellite earth observation market, with a market share of around 35.11% and 7,705.9 billion of the market revenue. The market is controlled almost by North America. This is because the military and defense industries have an increasing requirement for continuous connection, which has led to a high adoption rate of satellite communication equipment by the United States Department of Defense (DoD). In addition, the expansion of the industry is taking help from a wide variety of satellite communication providers, such as Telesat, Viasat, Inc., and EchoStar Corporation. In addition, over the next few years, the regional market is expected to develop rapidly due to the modernization of the military's communication infrastructure.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030. During the time of the forecast, it is predicted that Asia Pacific would see a high CAGR. Countries like China and Japan are mostly responsible for the contributions made by this area as well as its expansion. The growth of the regional market throughout the forecast period can be the reason for the growing use of satellite antennas in various industries, including communications and information technology, aerospace, and automotive.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Global satellite earth observation market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Airbus SAS
- Ball Corporation
- L3Harris Technologies Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- OHB System AG
- Thales Group
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In January 2022, Capella space contracted with The National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) to demonstrate the capabilities of its synthetic aperture radar (SAR) imaging. Capella Space signed the contract. By the terms of this contract, the business will be responsible for the simulation and modeling of synthetic aperture radar data, the theatre downlink downstream, regional imagery demonstration, and data imagery services.
- In November 2021, ICEYE secured a contract with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to support the response to environmental risks in the marine industry and monitor these hazards.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global satellite earth observation market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Satellite Earth Observation Market, By Payload Type
Global Satellite Earth Observation Market, By Altitude
- Below 500-600 km
- Above 600 km
Global Satellite Earth Observation Market, By Technology
- Synthetic Aperture Radar
Global Satellite Earth Observation Market, By Application
- Environment Monitoring
- Natural Resources Monitoring
- Disaster Management
Global Satellite Earth Observation Market, By End-user Vertical
- Defense and Intelligence
- Infrastructure and Engineering
- Energy and Power
Global Satellite Earth Observation Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Mid
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Satellite Earth Observation market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Satellite Earth Observation market was valued at USD billion 7,705.9 in 2021 to USD 14,166 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Satellite Earth Observation market?The Satellite Earth Observation market is growing at a CAGR of 7% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Satellite Earth Observation market?North America emerged as the largest market for Satellite Earth Observation.
Who are the key players in the Satellite Earth Observation market?Key players in the Satellite Earth Observation market are Airbus SAS, Ball Corporation, DigitalGlobe, L3Harris Technologies Inc., Lockheed Martin Corporation, OHB System AG, Thales Group, Boeing.
Which factor drives the growth of the Satellite Earth Observation market?Satellite imagery has benefited from recent advances drives the market's growth.
Need help to buy this report?