Global PVC Pipes Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Unplasticized, Molecular Oriented, Chlorinated, and Others), By Application (Irrigation, Sewerage, Water Supply, Plumbing, Oil & Gases, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Advanced Materials
Global PVC Pipes Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global PVC pipes market was valued at USD 76.5 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2030
- The global PVC pipes market is expected to reach USD 129 billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global PVC pipes market is expected to reach USD 129 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The PVC pipes market has grown due to their advantageous qualities, including lightweight, cost-effectiveness, ease of installation, and longevity. They are also used in electrical fittings due to their superior heat and electrical insulation qualities.
Polyvinyl chloride is referred to as PVC. It is a polymer made of chlorinated hydrocarbons. It is hard and brittle in its natural state. But when additional materials are coupled with it, such as plasticizers, it becomes stronger and more moldable. Its uses include electrical insulation, furniture, flooring, clinical tubing, and a rubber alternative.
PVC pipes are the most often used material in manufacturing pipes, which are used in irrigation, plumbing, and water systems. Depending on their intended use, several PVC pipe types are used as hot or cold-water conduits in industrial and commercial applications. PVC pipes have been used for various commercial uses for over 80 years. Due to their exceptional qualities, including their light weight, affordability, simplicity of installation, and durability, PVC pipes have grown in favor worldwide. Due to their outstanding heat and electrical insulation qualities, they are also utilized in electrical fittings.
The PVC pipes can survive intense shaking and excessive movement in earthquake-prone areas and do not rot, wear out, or rust over time. PVC pipes are constantly displacing other piping materials due to these considerations. PVC-O (oriented) pipes have been created due to innovative technologies to apply molecular orientation while manufacturing PVC pipes. Compared to PVC pipes made traditionally, these PVC-O pipes are more affordable, environmentally benign, and have improved mechanical qualities.
CPVC is modified by a free radical chlorination procedure, which raises the chlorine content of the molecule. CPVC pipes now have a different composition, which allows them to withstand a wider range of temperatures. As a result, CPVC pipes rather than PVC pipes have to be used in hot water operations, according to many construction requirements.
Global PVC Pipes Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 76.5 billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||6 %|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 129 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||175|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||112|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Avient Corporation (US) Chemplast Sanmar Limited (India) Westlake Chemical Corporation (US) Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan) SABIC (Saudi Arabia) LG Chem (South Korea) 3M (U.S.) Dow (U.S.) DuPont (U.S.) LSB INDUSTRIES (US) Sika AG (Switzerland) Innospec (U.S.) ADEKA CORPORATION (Japan) Dorf Ketal Chemicals (I) Pvt. Ltd. (U.S.) PMC Specialties Group (U.S.) Afton Chemical (U.S.) The Lubrizol Corporation (U.S.) Clariant (Switzerland) LANXESS (Germany) Mayzo, Inc. (U.S.) Solvay (Belgium) Akzo Nobel N.V. (Netherlands) Arkema (France) Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.)|
|Growth Drivers:||The PVC pipes advantageous qualities, including lightweight, cost-effectiveness, ease of installation, and longevity.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||On credit portfolios, the COVID-121.9 epidemic has had a negative effect. The enormous growth has hampered the solvency of customers and businesses in unemployment and interruption of economic activity.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global PVC pipes based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global PVC pipes market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global PVC pipes market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the chlorinated segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39% and market revenue of 29.8 billion.
Based on the type, the global PVC pipes market is categorized into Unplasticized, Molecular Oriented, Chlorinated, and Others. In 2021, the chlorinated segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39% and market revenue of 29.8 billion. Chlorinated PVC is known as C-PVC. Many of the benefits of PVC-U are also found in C-PVC pipes and fittings. However, C-PVC pipes and fittings can survive a broader range of temperatures because of their higher chlorine content than conventional PVC-U. Because of this, C-PVC is a preferred material for water piping systems in both residential and commercial construction.
- In 2021, the irrigation segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 27% and a market revenue of 20.6 billion.
Based on the application, the PVC pipes market is categorized into Irrigation, Sewerage, Water Supply, Plumbing, Oil & gas, and Others. In 2021, the irrigation segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 27% and a market revenue of 20.6 billion. The cost of irrigation projects is rising quickly and requires a lot of time. Using PVC pipe for the laterals, or the conduit between the valves on the main water line is a wonderful method to cut costs on an irrigation project. Although PVC pipe is an excellent lateral material.
Regional Segment Analysis of the PVC Pipes Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global PVC pipes market, with a market share of around 35.8% and 76.5 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, Asia- Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global PVC pipes market, with a market share of around 35.8% and 76.5 billion of the market revenue. This is due to the growth of sectors, including construction, agriculture, and pharmaceuticals influencing the industry.
- The North American market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, the expansion of PVC pipes manufacturing in North America is responsible for the market's expansion. However, due to the demand for PVC pipes in the construction and agricultural industries across Canada and the United States, North America is anticipated to develop swiftly and have a growing market size. Due to its booming PVC pipes market, foreign businesses have become interested in investing in North America.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global PVC pipes market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Avient Corporation (US)
- Chemplast Sanmar Limited (India)
- Westlake Chemical Corporation (US)
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan)
- SABIC (Saudi Arabia)
- LG Chem (South Korea)
- 3M (U.S.)
- Dow (U.S.)
- DuPont (U.S.)
- LSB INDUSTRIES (US)
- Sika AG (Switzerland)
- Innospec (U.S.)
- ADEKA CORPORATION (Japan)
- Dorf Ketal Chemicals (I) Pvt. Ltd. (U.S.)
- PMC Specialties Group (U.S.)
- Afton Chemical (U.S.)
- The Lubrizol Corporation (U.S.)
- Clariant (Switzerland)
- LANXESS (Germany)
- Mayzo, Inc. (U.S.)
- Solvay (Belgium)
- Akzo Nobel N.V. (Netherlands)
- Arkema (France)
- Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.)
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Recent Key Developments:
- In January 2021, To support its integrated PVC company, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co. Ltd, Shintech stated that it would invest USD 1.25 billion in the capital. This move would increase Shintech Inc., its US subsidiary production’s capacity. The annual PVC production capacity of Shintech is anticipated to be 3.62 million metric tons.
- In January 2021, Due to limitations in demand, Orbia intended to sell its PVC Unit. The ultimate decision regarding the divestiture is not made public.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global PVC pipes market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global PVC Pipes Market, By Type
- Molecular Oriented
Global PVC Pipes Market, By Application
- Water Supply
- Oil & Gases
Global PVC Pipes Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the PVC Pipes market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the PVC Pipes market was valued at USD 76.5 billion in 2022 to USD 129 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the PVC Pipes market?The PVC Pipes market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the PVC Pipes market?Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for PVC Pipes.
Who are the key players in the PVC Pipes market?Key players in the PVC Pipes market are Avient Corporation (US), Chemplast Sanmar Limited (India), Westlake Chemical Corporation (US), Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (Japan), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), LG Chem (South Korea), 3M (U.S.), Dow (U.S.), DuPont (U.S.), LSB INDUSTRIES (US), Sika AG (Switzerland), Innospec (U.S.), ADEKA CORPORATION (Japan), Dorf Ketal Chemicals (I) Pvt. Ltd. (U.S.), PMC Specialties Group (U.S.), Afton Chemical (U.S.), The Lubrizol Corporation (U.S.), Clariant (Switzerland), LANXESS (Germany), Mayzo, Inc. (U.S.), Solvay (Belgium), Akzo Nobel N.V. (Netherlands), Arkema (France), and Eastman Chemical Company (U.S.).
Which factor drives the growth of the PVC Pipes market?Rising research and development operations is expected to drives the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?