Global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market was valued at USD 771.2 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2022 to 2030
- The global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market is expected to reach USD 1,803 billion by 2030.
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market is expected to reach USD 1,803 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 9.9% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The market for Prothrombin Complex Concentrates is increasing owing to the approval of products by regulatory bodies. Furthermore, the increasing prevalences of Hepatitis B propel the market’s growth in the region.
The Prothrombin Complex Concentrates is a very uncommon hepatological disease affecting newborns. It is classified as progressive obliterative cholangiopathy. After factor XI and antithrombin have been removed, the cryoprecipitate supernatant of large plasma pools is subjected to an ion-exchange chromatography procedure to produce a prothrombin complex concentrate. These concentrates comprise several different clotting components. PCCs are used in treating people who have hemophilia B, as well as in treating patients who do not have sufficient amounts of these factors owing to other reasons, such as therapy with warfarin. Prothrombin Concentrates containing factors II, IX, and X are referred to as 3-factor prothrombin complex concentrates. Take, for example, the Uman Complex DI (Grifols Biologicals Inc.). Prothrombin concentrates are considered 4-Factor Prothrombin complex concentrates when they contain the factors II, VII, IX, and X. As an illustration, Kcentra, Confidex, and Beriplex (CSL Behring GmbH). To speed up the process of reversing the effects of vitamin K antagonists, the 4-factor prothrombin complex concentrate, or 4F-PCC, is utilized (VKA). It offers several advantages, which are helping to drive its growing popularity. For instance, in contrast to other PCC variations, this particular version has coagulation factor VII. Other variants do not have this particular component. In addition, the administration of 4F-PCC is rather simple since it only takes a small amount of infusion volume and reduces the likelihood that a pathogen will be passed on. Because of the efficacy of its therapeutic method, its acceptance rate has skyrocketed, and it has gained attention on a global scale. For instance, the British Committee for Standards in Haematology has outlined recommendations for using PCC approaches to manage hemophiliac patients. It is anticipated that these improvements would boost the market for this medicine technology in a good direction.
This research report categorizes the market for global prothrombin complex concentrates based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market sub-segments.
Global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 771.2 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||9.9%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 1,803 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||190|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||129|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By End-user, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Sanquin, China Biologic Products Holdings, Inc., Grifols SA, Shire Plc, Octapharma AG, Kedrion Biopharma Inc., CSL Behring, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Nihon Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the 4-Factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrates segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 57% and market revenue of 439.5 billion.
Based on type, the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market is categorized into 3-Factor PCC and 4-Factor PCC. In 2021, 4-Factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrates dominated the market with the largest market share of 57% and market revenue of 439.5 billion. The improved penetration of 4-Factor Prothrombin Complex Concentrates such as Beriplex and Kcentra in emerging countries. Furthermore, it has several advantages with increased efficacy adding impetus to the market’s growth. Additionally, because 4F-PCC reduces the danger of pathogen transfer and calls for a smaller infusion volume, it is very simple to administer.
- In 2021, the Congenital Coagulation Factor Deficiency segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and market revenue of 308.4 billion.
Based on the application, the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market is categorized into Acquired Coagulation Factor Deficiency, Congenital Coagulation Factor Deficiency, and Others. In 2021, the Acquired Coagulation Factor Deficiency segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and market revenue of 308.4 billion. The market will be driven by the increased prevalence of congenital coagulation factors deficiency, which is expected to continue its upward trend. The Congenital Coagulation Factor Deficiency progress over time into the chronic form, or it may be chronic from the beginning. This is why Congenital Coagulation Factor Deficiency increases the market.
- In 2021, the Hospital segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 285.3 billion.
Based on the End-user, the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market is categorized as Ambulatory Surgical Centres, hospitals, and Others. In 2021, the hospital segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 285.3 billion. It is anticipated that the growth rate in hospitals will be rather strong, as private and governmental hospitals have increased financing for healthcare treatments. Furthermore, there has also been an associated growth in awareness of the necessity of early diagnosis; this is the case. These are the key forces responsible for this market segment's acceleration.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market, with a market share of around 38% and 771.2 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market, with a market share of around 38% and 771.2 billion of the market revenue. The existence of significant players in the region is expected to drive the market’s growth in the region. Furthermore, introducing new health insurance policies to cover uncommon blood illnesses and the growth in the number of plasma collection centers in North America adds impetus to the market’s growth.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. The market for Prothrombin Complex Concentrates in the Asia Pacific region has been growing owing to the increasing healthcare accessibility and the rapidly growing demand for minimally invasive medical procedures adds impetus to the market’s growth. The multiplying middle-class population in China and India increases the demand for minimally invasive techniques.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- China Biologic Products Holdings, Inc.
- Grifols SA
- Shire Plc
- Octapharma AG
- Kedrion Biopharma Inc.
- CSL Behring
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- Nihon Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In June 2017, CSL Behring completed the acquisition of the Chinese plasma fractionator Wuhan Zhong Yuan Rui De Biological to solidify CSL's position as a player in the plasma fractionation industry in China. This course of action was validated even further when CSL's PCC brand, Kcentra, was given the go-light for commercial release in Japan.
- In August 2018, Grifols S.A. completed the acquisition of 24 plasma donation centers in the United States, boosting its supply of plasma proteins for the treatment of blood disorders.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global prothrombin complex concentrates market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market, By Type
Global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market, By Application
- Acquired Coagulation Factor Deficiency
- Congenital Coagulation Factor Deficiency
Global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market, By End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centres
Global Prothrombin Complex Concentrates Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- THE US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Driver- Increasing approval of products by regulatory bodies
- Restraint- Thrombotic complication
- Opportunity- Increasing prevalence of hemophilia B
- Challenge- Thrombotic complication related to PCC
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market was valued at USD 771.2 billion in 2021 to USD 1,803 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market?The Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market is growing at a CAGR of 9.9% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market?North America emerged as the largest market for Prothrombin Complex Concentrates.
Who are the key players in the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market?Key players in the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market are Sanquin, China Biologic Products Holdings, Inc., Grifols SA, Shire Plc, Octapharma AG, Kedrion Biopharma Inc., CSL Behring, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Nihon Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Which factor drives the growth of the Prothrombin Complex Concentrates market?The increasing approval of products by regulatory bodies drives the market's growth.
Need help to buy this report?