Global Protective Clothing Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global protective clothing market was valued at USD 9.1 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2021 to 2030
- The global protective clothing market is expected to reach USD 15.2 billion by 2030
- The Asia- Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global protective clothing market is expected to reach USD 15.2 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.9% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. Workers are becoming more aware of how important keeping them safe as the industrial sector continues to grow. Protective clothing is in high demand in all industries because of how complicated and dangerous things are getting. Due to strict safety rules in place in all industrial sectors, markets are growing in many end-use industries, such as construction and oil and gas.
When people wear protective clothing, they are kept safe from potentially dangerous work situations to do their job better. Depending on the end-use sector, protective clothing can be made to have different qualities, such as resistance to fire and chemicals, resistance to cold, and resistance to extreme temperatures. When the user wears protective gear, they are safe from life-threatening and possibly dangerous hazards and risks. There has been a big increase in the need for protective clothing in industries like oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, firefighting, construction, and manufacturing. This is because more people are worried about worker safety or safety standards. Much attention is paid to research and development (R&D) in the protective garment business. Every person in the business spends a lot of money to find new markets for their product categories and to try to bring down the total cost of production. Also, strict government rules about worker safety are a big reason why the market for protective clothing is growing. Even so, it is expected that the growth of the protective clothing market will be slowed by things like the high price of protective clothing and the ongoing risk that alternatives pose. As protective clothing becomes more common in high-risk industries like the oil and gas industry and the pharmaceutical business, it will open up many opportunities for people in the industry at all stages of the value chain.
Global Protective Clothing Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 9.1 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||5.9%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 15.2 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||145|
|Segments covered:||By Material Type, By End-Use, By Applications, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., Lakeland Industries, Inc., Ballyclare Limited, 3M Company, Koninklijke Ten Cate NV, Teijin Limited, Workrite Uniform Company, Inc., Strike SL., WL. Gore & Associates, Inc., Glen Raven Inc., Lion Apparel Inc., Globe Manufacturing Co. LLC, Workrite Uniform Company Inc, Logistik Unicorp Inc., Kermel Industries Radians, Inc.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global protective clothing market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global protective clothing market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global protective clothing market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the aramid & blends segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 33% and market revenue of 3.0 billion.
Based on Material type, the protective clothing market is categorized into Aramid & Blends, Polyolefin & Blends, Cotton Fibres, Laminated Polyesters, and Polybenzimidazole [PBI]. In 2021, the aramid & blends segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 33% and market revenue of 3.0 billion. It is expected that the market for protective clothing will be dominated by materials made of aramid and blends. At first, nylon was used to make aramid fibers. Aramid fibers are easy to spot because of their high tensile and modulus strengths. They have mechanical properties that are 5–10% stronger than traditional synthetic fibers. This makes them perfect for many uses, such as ropes for offshore oil rigs, bulletproof vests, and airplanes and cars. Aramids are often used to make protective clothing because they are resistant to heat and flame and have better mechanical properties than steel or glass fibers of the same weight.
- In 2021, the construction & manufacturing segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 25% and market revenue of 2.27 billion.
Based on end use, the protective clothing market is categorized into Oil & Gas, Military & Defense, Construction & Manufacturing, Pharmaceuticals/Medical, Firefighting and Others. In 2021, construction & manufacturing dominated the market with the largest market share of 25% and market revenue of 2.27 billion. The building and construction industry bought the most protective clothing because it was strong, durable, and resistant to abrasion, organic solvents, and high temperatures. In this end-use industry, the most important thing driving the market is that Europe and North America are putting strict health and safety rules in place. In a short amount of time, it is expected that the part of the economy called "construction" will have more and more machines, making it less dependent on manual laborers and lowering the need for safety gear.
- In 2021, the thermal segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 3.64 billion.
Based on application, the protective clothing market is categorized into Thermal, Chemical, Mechanical, Biological/Radiation, and Others. In 2021, thermal dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and market revenue of 3.64 billion. Thermal protection apparel needs to be comfortable in addition to having properties such as resistance to fire and oil, simplicity of washing, and integration of seamless fabric. In August 2016, Magid, a developer, and distributor of safety solutions and personal protective equipment, released a flame-resistant welding jacket with a breathable FR mesh back panel to prevent heat fatigue. In 2014, DuPont developed the hydroentangled spun lace non-woven material known as Sontara. This material comprises Nomex and Kevlar and is utilized extensively for thermal protection. In addition, stringent fire safety rules and recommendations for lessening the likelihood of a fire breaking out in an industrial setting contribute to expanding the global market for protective apparel.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Protective Clothing Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global protective clothing market, with a market share of around 38.56% and 9.1 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global protective clothing market, with a market share of around 38.56% and 9.1 billion of the market revenue. It is expected that the market for materials that can withstand heat and flames will grow a lot in this area. During the forecast period, the market for high-visibility textiles is expected to grow a lot. The United States of America will have most of the market in North America. The strict laws that the United States and its federal government have in place to protect people's safety also help the global market growth. Demand for protective clothing from end-user industries like the oil and gas industry and the building and construction industry is also expected to help the market grow. In addition, competitors in the sector use many ways to buy new businesses and grow to stay ahead in the competitive market. For example, in December 2020, Delta Plus Group bought ERB Industries, which is known as one of the most important companies in North America that make personal protective clothing. Also, protective clothing improvements will open up many business opportunities.
- The Asia- Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. The growth of this region's market may be because more and more industries are looking for specialized clothing. The growth of China's market can be attributed to several things, like the country's GDP going up, people's incomes increasing, and their tastes changing. In the Asia-Pacific region, the need for protective gear is affected not only by the growing demand for textiles with better technology and more comfort but also by this demand. The rise in hand cuts, arm wounds, and abrasions in the workplace is also a factor in the growth of the market for protective clothing.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global protective clothing market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
- Lakeland Industries, Inc.
- Ballyclare Limited
- 3M Company
- Koninklijke Ten Cate NV
- Teijin Limited
- Workrite Uniform Company, Inc.
- Strike SL.
- WL. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Glen Raven Inc.
- Lion Apparel Inc.
- Globe Manufacturing Co. LLC
- Workrite Uniform Company Inc
- Logistik Unicorp Inc.
- Kermel Industries Radians, Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In 2022, The 3M Company and Innovative Automation will work together to make the RoboTapea, an automated system. This means that industrial firms can use the system to their advantage.
- In 2022, Teijin Limited put its BARLEYmaxa super barley on the market in Europe.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global protective clothing market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Protective Clothing Market, By Material Type
- Aramid & Blends
- Polyolefin & Blends
- Cotton Fibres
- Laminated Polyesters
- Polybenzimidazole [PBI]
Global Protective Clothing Market, By End Use
- Oil & Gas
- Military & Defense
- Construction & Manufacturing
Global Protective Clothing Market, By Applications
Global Protective Clothing Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- THE US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Protective Clothing market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Protective Clothing market was valued at USD 9.1 billion in 2021 to USD 15.2 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Protective Clothing market?The Protective Clothing market is growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Protective Clothing market?North America emerged as the largest market for Protective Clothing.
Who are the key players in the Protective Clothing market?Key players in the Protective Clothing market are E. I. du Pont de Nemours & Co., Lakeland Industries, Inc., Ballyclare Limited, 3M Company, Koninklijke Ten Cate NV, Teijin Limited, Workrite Uniform Company, Inc., Strike SL., WL. Gore & Associates, Inc., Glen Raven Inc., Lion Apparel Inc., Globe Manufacturing Co. LLC, Workrite Uniform Company Inc, Logistik Unicorp Inc., and Kermel Industries Radians, Inc.
Which factor drives the growth of the Protective Clothing market?Increased demand from end-user industries is expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?