Global Printing Toners Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global printing toners market was valued at USD 4.90 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 7% from 2022 to 2030
- The global printing toners market is expected to reach USD 9.0 billion by 2030
- Asia-Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global printing toners market is expected to reach USD 9.0 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The printing toners market has grown due to its growing use in industrial printing applications. In addition, these toners produce excellent printer output after use. Growing consumer preferences for printer toners are also predicted to boost the market over the forecast period.
Toner is a kind of polyester powder that is used as a coloring agent for plastic. In its early forms, toner was mainly made of finely ground plastic. Silica keeps the toner particles in the cartridge loose and free-flowing, and charging substances like pulverized iron, chromium, and zinc help to maintain the particle charge. The toner particles melt and bind to the paper due to the fuser's intense heat output. Black toner and color toner are the two types of toner. While color toner is available but pricey and only used by a few firms, black toner is often used in laser printing.
Unlike ink cartridges, toner typically comes in long, rectangular containers. The printing toners are frequently used to print business manuals, bookmarks, banners, and catalogs. When using toner, printers print quickly, generate more prints, produce sharp, clear images, last a lot longer, and make printing more affordable in the long run if done frequently. Laser printers and photocopiers use a powdered substance called printing toner to create printed images and text on paper. Printing toners are made from various polymers, such as polyester resins, styrene-butadiene copolymers, styrene acrylate copolymers, pigments, lubricants, wax, silica, charge control agents, etc.
By offering corporate users time- and money-saving printing solutions, new technologies like HP's Jet Intelligence are assisting the market for printing toners. Due to their extensive use of print toners in product packaging, the globally expanding food and beverage, pharmaceutical, garment, electronic device, and other sectors are major market drivers. Additionally, expansion in the market for commercial printing products, including brochures, catalogs, signs, and posters, is anticipated during the forecast period.
Global Printing Toners Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 4.90 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||7 %|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 9.0 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||133|
|Segments covered:||By Technology, By Raw Materials, By End-user, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||3D Systems, Inc Arkema Stratasys Ltd EOS GmbH CRP TECHNOLOGY S.r.l. Oxford Performance Materials Materialise BASF SE Evonik Industries AG Clariant DuPont VEXMA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD PolyOne Corporation 3Dnatives Protofab Jariwala Robotics Private Limited Aniwaa Pte. Ltd. BIOZOON GmbH Wiiboox Zmorph ORD Solutions Inc PancakeBot LLC & others|
|Growth Drivers:||The printing toner market has grown due to its growing use in industrial applications.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||On credit portfolios, the COVID-121.9 epidemic has had a negative effect. The enormous growth has hampered the solvency of customers and businesses in unemployment and interruption of economic activity.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global printing toners based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global printing toners market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global printing toners market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the conventional toners segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 69% and market revenue of 3.3 billion.
Based on the technology, the global printing toners market is categorized into Conventional Toners and Chemical Toners. In 2021, the conventional toners segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 69% and market revenue of 3.3 billion. Due to its lower price when compared to toners made chemically, the conventional toner category has dominated the market. In addition, the prevalence of printers with heating mechanisms and fusers that work with standard toners will promote market expansion.
- In 2021, the polyester segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 1.9 billion.
Based on the raw material, the printing toners market is categorized into Polyester, Styrene-Acrylic, and Specialty Polymers. In 2021, the polyester segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and market revenue of 1.9 billion. Due to its low molecular weight and widespread use in color toners polyester holds a dominant position in the market and is anticipated to rise significantly during the forecast period. In addition, its usage is expanding due to its high durability, low-temperature fusing, homogeneous pigment dispersion, and quick charge ability.
- In 2021, the packaging segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 36% and a market revenue of 1.7 billion.
Based on the end-user, the printing toners market is categorized into Printing and Stationary, Packaging, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Advertising and Branding, and Others. In 2021, the packaging segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 36% and a market revenue of 1.7 billion. Due to increased retail and food and beverage sales and the increasing significance of packaging, this industry now controls the global market. Additionally, printing toners are necessary to print labels for various containers used to package goods such as food and beverage items, electronic gadgets, pharmaceuticals, fabrics, and tablet packaging.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Printing Toners Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global printing toners market, with a market share of around 39% and 4.90 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global printing toners market, with a market share of around 39% and 4.90 billion of the market revenue. Due to the rise of large-scale printing applications such as banners, catalogs, user manuals, and brochures. However, it is anticipated that increasing industrialization and infrastructure improvements will promote the use of printer toners in this region.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, higher industrialization rates, particularly in developing nations like India, have led to a rise in the demand for printer toner in the region.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global printing toners market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- 3D Systems, Inc
- Stratasys Ltd
- EOS GmbH
- CRP TECHNOLOGY S.r.l.
- Oxford Performance Materials
- BASF SE
- Evonik Industries AG
- VEXMA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD
- PolyOne Corporation
- Jariwala Robotics Private Limited
- Aniwaa Pte. Ltd.
- BIOZOON GmbH
- ORD Solutions Inc
- PancakeBot LLC
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Recent Key Developments:
- In 2022, Under its CXDI brand of DR series, Canon Inc. introduced the CXDI-Pro and CXDI-Elite series.
- April 2022, saw the introduction of gold and silver metallic toners by Xeikon for the Cheetah 2.0 Series, giving printers and converters a competitive advantage and offering companies the chance to add value. This significant advancement in digital foiling is the result of Xeikon's innovation strategy, which emphasizes the creation of more long-lasting, economical, and application-specific solutions.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global printing toners market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Printing Toners Market, By Technology
- Conventional Toners
- Chemical Toners
Global Printing Toners Market, By Raw Materials
- Specialty Polymers
Global Printing Toners Market, By End-user
- Printing and Stationary
- Fast Moving Consumer Goods
- Advertising and Branding
Global Printing Toners Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Printing Toners market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Printing Toners market was valued at USD 4.90 billion in 2022 to USD 9.0 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Printing Toners market?The Printing Toners market is growing at a CAGR of 7% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Printing Toners market?North America emerged as the largest market for Printing Toners.
Who are the key players in the Printing Toners market?Key players in the Printing Toners market are 3D Systems, Inc, Arkema, Stratasys Ltd, EOS GmbH, CRP TECHNOLOGY S.r.l., Oxford Performance Materials, Materialise, BASF SE, Evonik Industries AG, Clariant, DuPont, VEXMA TECHNOLOGIES PVT LTD, PolyOne Corporation, 3Dnatives, Protofab, Jariwala Robotics Private Limited, Aniwaa Pte. Ltd., BIOZOON GmbH, Wiiboox, Zmorph, ORD Solutions Inc, and PancakeBot LLC.
Which factor drives the growth of the Printing Toners market?Technical Development is expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?