Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Product Type (Hand Protection, Protective Clothing, Foot & Leg Protection Equipment, Respiratory Protection Equipment, Eye & Face Protection Equipment, Head Protection Equipment, and Other Personal Protective Equipment ), By End-User (Construction, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Oil and Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals, Transportation, Mining, Firefighting, Healthcare, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Advanced Materials
Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global personal protective equipment market was valued at USD 91.6 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 7% from 2022 to 2030
- The global personal protective equipment market is expected to reach USD 168 billion by 2030
- Asia-Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global personal protective equipment market is expected to reach USD 168 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 7% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The personal protective equipment market has grown due to rising concerns over worker safety on the shop floor.
Personal protective equipment (PPE) is specialized protective clothing or gear made for those who are doing heavy-duty work or who are stationed there. These places are dangerous, high-risk environments where lives are on the line. Due to the working conditions and tools, injuries are likely to occur. Personal protective equipment is the component that improves security and protection in these sectors. Guarding kits and apparel are required to cope with such situations and are mandated by safety measures. To stop the COVID-19 pandemic from spreading, put strict rules like the Families First Coronavirus Response Act in the United States. Limitations on imports and the demand for personal protective equipment in 2020 encouraged domestic production in the U.S. PPE industry. The usage of personal protective equipment is anticipated to increase in end-use industries like chemical, construction, pharmaceutical, and healthcare, according to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). PPE demand is anticipated to be fueled by an expanding blue-collar workforce across several industrial sectors. Market expansion is expected to be driven by ongoing advancements, such as the introduction of lighter and more comfortable industrial protective gear made of premium fabric. Demand for protective equipment that combines safety with improved aesthetics and technological innovation is anticipated to support market expansion. Due to the strict rules and high costs connected with workplace dangers, there is an expected increase in the importance of worker safety and security at workplaces among industry players. Companies have prioritized worker safety and set safety standards to decrease workplace hazards, fueling market expansion. Any items of PPE creates a barrier between the user or wearer and the workplace. This can put the user under more stress, hinder their ability to perform their job, and cause excruciating amounts of suffering. Any of these can make users less likely to use PPE properly, increasing their risk of harm, illness, or, in dire situations, death. By minimizing these obstacles, good ergonomic design can aid in ensuring safe and healthy working conditions through the proper application of PPE.
This research report categorizes the market for global personal protective equipment based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global personal protective equipment market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global personal protective equipment market sub-segments.
Global Personal Protective Equipment Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 91.6 billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||7%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 168 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||240|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||128|
|Segments covered:||By Product Type, By End-User, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Honeywell International Inc., Lakeland Industries Inc., DuPont, 3M, Ansell Ltd., Avon Rubber plc, COFRA S.r.l., FallTech, Alpha Pro Tech Limited, Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) Company, Lindstrom Group, Mallcom (India) Ltd., Radians, Inc., Polison Corp., Delta Plus Group|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the hand protection segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 29% and market revenue of 26.5 billion.
Based on the product type, the global personal protective equipment market is categorized into Hand Protection, Protective Clothing, Foot & Leg Protection Equipment, Respiratory Protection Equipment, Eye & Face Protection Equipment, Head Protection Equipment, and Other Personal Protective Equipment. In 2021, the hand protection segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 29% and market revenue of 26.5 billion. Gloves are used as protection from chemicals, wounds, abrasions, and burns. The construction, food processing, oil & gas, healthcare, and metal fabrication industries are projected to see a rise in demand for protective gloves due to risks associated with handling warm objects, hazardous materials, and heavy-duty machinery.
- In 2021, the healthcare segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 36% and market revenue of 32.9 billion.
Based on the end-user, the personal protective equipment market is categorized into Construction, Manufacturing, Chemicals, Oil and Gas, Food, Pharmaceuticals, Transportation, Mining, Firefighting, Healthcare, and Others. In 2021, the healthcare segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 36% and market revenue of 32.9 billion. Due to escalating demand in the healthcare sector for protective gloves, outerwear, and respiratory equipment. Worldwide demand for protective clothing, particularly coveralls and gowns, has increased as a result of the coronavirus's quick spread.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Personal Protective Equipment Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America emerged as the largest market for the global personal protective equipment market, with a market share of around 36% and 91.6 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global personal protective equipment market, with a market share of around 36% and 91.6 billion of the market revenue. Due to the attributable widespread product uptake in the healthcare sector and highly established end-use industries. In addition, Due to the stringent regulatory environment and harsh penalties for non-compliance, which encourage businesses to utilize PPE frequently, the U.S. has a high product penetration rate.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, Employers are encouraged to utilize PPE in a variety of end-use sectors by a number of factors, including high compensation costs and an increase in workplace deaths.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global personal protective equipment market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Lakeland Industries Inc.
- Ansell Ltd.
- Avon Rubber plc
- COFRA S.r.l.
- Alpha Pro Tech Limited
- Mine Safety Appliances (MSA) Company
- Lindstrom Group
- Mallcom (India) Ltd.
- Radians, Inc.
- Polison Corp.
- Delta Plus Group
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- As of July 2020, 249 flights operated by FEMA delivered approximately 122 million surgical masks and 5.3 million N95 respirators around the United States.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global personal protective equipment market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Personal Protective Equipment Market, By Product Type
- Hand Protection
- Protective Clothing
- Foot & Leg Protection Equipment
- Respiratory Protection Equipment
- Eye & Face Protection Equipment
- Head Protection Equipment
- Other Personal Protective Equipment
Global Personal Protective Equipment Market, By End-user
- Oil and Gas
Global Personal Protective Equipment Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Need help to buy this report?