Global Pediatric Radiology Market Insights Forecasts to 2033
- The Global Pediatric Radiology Market Size was Valued at USD 5.19 Billion in 2023
- The Market Size is Growing at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2023 to 2033
- The Worldwide Pediatric Radiology Market Size is Expected to Reach USD 7.62 Billion by 2033
- Asia Pacific Market is expected to Grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Pediatric Radiology Market Size is anticipated to exceed USD 7.62 Billion by 2033, growing at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2023 to 2033.
Pediatric radiology is a specialized branch of radiology focused on the imaging of infants, children, and adolescents. It deals with the use of various imaging techniques, such as X-rays, ultrasound, computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), and nuclear medicine, to diagnose and treat diseases and conditions in pediatric patients. Children suffering from fractures and injuries are diagnosed faster and more accurately using pediatric radiology techniques. However, pediatric radiologists are specially trained to interpret these imaging studies in the context of a child's anatomy, physiology, and developmental stage. They work closely with pediatricians, pediatric specialists, and other healthcare professionals to provide accurate diagnoses and appropriate treatment plans for pediatric patients. They possess specialized expertise in diagnosing various medical conditions, including the impacts of trauma or cancer. Pediatric radiologists prioritize the use of minimal radiation doses for imaging in children, a practice commonly referred to as 'gentle imaging.' The increase in the malnutrition rate and the increase in the dominance of pneumonia in kids drive the growth of several pediatric clinics. These are the key factors that drive the growth of the pediatric radiology market across the global level. The leading cause of death in children’s early years is prematurity, therefore there is a need to strengthen both care for preterm babies as well as prevention efforts during maternal health and nutrition. So, it will help to improve the childhood survival rate. The MRI is mostly preferred to diagnose the issues associated with the neurological system and preterm birth is the issue associated with the neurological system. Thus, the demand for pediatric MRI is increasing for early treatment and diagnosis.
This research report categorizes the market for the global pediatric radiology market based on various segments and regions forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global pediatric radiology market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch, and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segment of the global pediatric radiology market.
Global Pediatric Radiology Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2023:
|USD 5.19 Billion
|Forecast Period 2023-2033 CAGR:
|2033 Value Projection:
|USD 7.62 Billion
|Historical Data for:
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Type, By Application, By End-User, By Region
|Canon Medical Systems, Agfa Healthcare, Esaote SpA, Siemens AG, Hitachi Ltd, Koninklijke Philips N V, General Electric Company, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, Mindray Medical International Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Analogic Corporation, Arthrex Inc. (Germany), Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., NuVasive Inc., Orthofix US LLC, OrthoPediatrics Corporation, Pega Medical Inc., Smith+Nephew, Stryker, WishBone Medical, and Other Key Vendors.
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
|COVID-19 Empact,Challenges, Future, Growth, & Analysis
Get more details on this report -
The key driving factor associated with the market is increasing technological advancement in pediatric imaging methods due to an increase in pediatric diseases and pediatric births supports the pediatric radiology market in the global space. The rise in malnutrition among children and the increasing cases of pneumonia are causing more pediatric clinics to open up. The rise in investments in pediatric radiology to promote the growth of installation of advanced radiology tools leads to a rise in the number of diagnostic laboratories along with skilled healthcare professionals are expected to promote the growth of the global pediatric radiology market size. However, to boost this radiology industry growth there is an increase in R&D programs to develop advanced pediatric radiology tools to approve new product launches which helps the pediatric market grow at a faster rate. There is coaching provided by pediatricians to parents and their children undergoing MRI scans to make it a less stressful experience for parents and their children. Pediatricians designed such a course that increases the adoption rate of pediatric radiology systems in developing countries, which supports the market growth.
The development of the pediatric radiology market globally is significantly hindered by a number of negative aspects. Moreover, the training program for pediatric radiology is constantly developing, and radiographers frequently struggle to stay up to date with the latest developments. Radiation can frequently result in cancer, particularly in younger individuals. A bad impression of pediatric radiography is often linked to growing parental concerns about radiation exposure. In addition, high implementation costs and a lack of knowledge about pediatric radiology could hinder growth in the market.
The global pediatric radiology market share is classified into type, application, and end-user
- The computed tomography scanner segment is expected to grow at the fastest pace in the global pediatric radiology market during the forecast period.
Based on the type, the global pediatric radiology market is divided into X-ray, ultrasound, computed tomography scanners, and others. The computed tomography scanner segment is expected to grow at the fastest pace in the pediatric radiology market during the forecast period. The computed tomography (CT) scanners designed for pediatric use incorporate dose reduction techniques such as gradual reconstruction algorithms, automatic exposure control, and tube current modulation to maintain image quality while minimizing radiation dose. Advancements in CT technology, such as improved spatial resolution, faster scanning times, and noise reduction algorithms, contribute to sharper, clearer images necessary for identifying subtle anatomical abnormalities in pediatric patients.
- The cardiology segment is expected to hold the largest share of the global pediatric radiology market during the forecast period.
Based on application, the global pediatric radiology market is divided into oncology, cardiology, orthopedics, and others. Among these, the cardiology segment is expected to hold the largest share of the pediatric radiology market during the forecast period. The need for highly developed pediatric radiography systems to diagnose heart failure, artery diseases, blocked vessels, and other heart-related problems is rising due to an increasing incidence of heart-related diseases. Ongoing research efforts in pediatric cardiology aim to enhance diagnostic accuracy, develop new imaging techniques, and improve treatment strategies for pediatric heart conditions.
- The hospitals segment is expected to grow at greatest pace in the global pediatric radiology market during the forecast period.
Based on the end-user, the global pediatric radiology market is divided into diagnostic centers, pediatric clinics, hospitals, and others. Among these, the hospitals segment is expected to grow at the greatest pace in the pediatric radiology market during the forecast period. children's radiology departments or units within hospitals are supplied with specialized imaging equipment that are designed to address the particular anatomical and developmental needs of children patients. In order to improve diagnostic accuracy and efficiency in pediatric radiology, hospitals are investing in advanced imaging techniques and incorporating innovations like artificial intelligence.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Global Pediatric Radiology Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America is anticipated to hold the largest share of the global pediatric radiology market over the predicted timeframe.
Get more details on this report -
North America is anticipated to hold the largest share of the global pediatric radiology market over the predicted timeframe. The increasing number of pediatric births and disorders, the evolution of pediatric imaging technology, and the growing number of partnerships, permissions, and releases focused on improving pediatric care globally are the drivers driving the market's growth. The increasing number of cases of specific diseases, the rise in expenditures on health care in this region, the growth of major companies in the industry, and their approach to product innovation are the primary factors driving the pediatric radiology market. Furthermore, the market is growing due to a rise in trauma and collision cases as well as an increasing demand for minimally invasive surgeries. Furthermore, pediatric patients in the US can receive medical coverage by the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). As it offers radiological services, it is regarded as a major factor in the market's further growth.
Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the fastest pace in the global pediatric radiology market during the forecast period. The development of this regional segment is being driven by factors such as growing R&D investments and demographic advantages in China, growing investment in the Indian radiology market, an increase of elderly populations and trauma incidence in Japan, growing focus across market players and increased government support to enhance healthcare service delivery in other countries.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global pediatric radiology along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Companies
- Canon Medical Systems
- Agfa Healthcare
- Esaote SpA
- Siemens AG
- Hitachi Ltd
- Koninklijke Philips N V
- General Electric Company
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
- Mindray Medical International Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
- Analogic Corporation
- Arthrex Inc. (Germany)
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- NuVasive Inc.
- Orthofix US LLC
- OrthoPediatrics Corporation
- Pega Medical Inc.
- WishBone Medical
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In September 2023, Pediatric medicine encompasses a comprehensive array of healthcare disciplines. Canon Medical's Online Pediatric Days, facilitated by the Canon Medical Academy, are designed to deliver thorough insights into crucial facets of pediatric imaging across various modalities. The Canon Medical Academy aids healthcare professionals in navigating their daily hurdles through training and educational initiatives, exemplified by this multi-day webinar event. This event features daily interactive sessions, led by globally recognized experts in pediatrics, spanning a duration of five days.
- In November 2023, The Somaton Pro.Pulse dual-source scanner from Siemens takes center stage in the CT market. According to the vendor, Somaton Pro.Pulse, which was introduced two weeks before the meeting, was designed to increase the accessibility of dual-source CT technology for outpatient diagnostic centers and smaller, rural clinics.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2033. Spherical Insights has segmented the global pediatric radiology market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Pediatric Radiology Market, By Type
- Computed Tomography Scanner
Global Pediatric Radiology Market, By Application
Global Pediatric Radiology Market, By End-User
- Diagnostic Centers
- Pediatric Clinics
Global Pediatric Radiology Market, By Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Which region holds the largest share of the global pediatric radiology market?North America is anticipated to hold the largest share of the global pediatric radiology market over the predicted timeframe.
2. What is the market growth rate of the global pediatric radiology market?The market size is growing at a CAGR of 3.9% from 2023 to 2033.
3. What is the market size of the global pediatric radiology market?The global pediatric radiology market is expected to grow from USD 5.19 Billion in 2023 to USD 7.62 Billion by 2033, during the forecast period 2023-2033.
4. Which are the key companies that are currently operating within global pediatric radiology market?Canon Medical Systems, Agfa Healthcare, Esaote SpA, Siemens AG, Hitachi Ltd, Koninklijke Philips N V, General Electric Company, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, Mindray Medical International Ltd., Toshiba Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., Analogic Corporation, Arthrex Inc. (Germany), Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc. (U.S.), NuVasive Inc. (U.S.), Orthofix US LLC (U.S.), OrthoPediatrics Corporation (U.S.), Pega Medical Inc. (Canada), Smith+Nephew (U.K.), Stryker (U.S.), WishBone Medical (U.S.), Others.
Need help to buy this report?