Global Packaged Milkshakes Market Insights Forecasts to 2033
- The Global Packaged Milkshakes Market Size was Valued at USD 313.4 Million in 2023.
- The Market Size is Growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2023 to 2033.
- The Worldwide Packaged Milkshakes Market Size is Expected to Reach USD 556.4 Million by 2033.
- Middle East and Africa expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Global Packaged Milkshakes Market Size is Anticipated to Exceed USD 556.4 Million by 2033, Growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2023 to 2033.
A delicious beverage made by mixing milk, ice cream, and different sweeteners, like fruit syrup, butterscotch, caramel sauce, or chocolate syrup, to generate a thick, sweet, and cold mixture is called as milkshake. The packaged milkshakes cater to consumers looking for convenient and ready-to-drink options, allowing them to enjoy the classic milkshake experience without the need for preparation. Therefore, the global packaged milkshakes market refers to the segment of the food and beverage industry that involves the production, distribution, and consumption of pre-packaged milkshakes. Consumers are increasingly prioritizing their health and seeking convenient and nutritious options to meet their dietary requirements. However, the increase in busy lifestyles and on-the-go consumption patterns have increased the demand for convenient and easily accessible packaged milkshake is the key factors driving the market. Certain packaged milkshakes appeal to consumers seeking functional and nutritious beverages by incorporating vitamins, minerals, and additional nutrients. The carbohydrates present in these milkshakes serve as a rapid energy source, making them a suitable choice for replenishing energy levels during or after physical activity.
This research report categorizes the market for the global packaged milkshakes market based on various segments and regions forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global packaged milkshakes market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch, and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segment of the global packaged milkshakes market.
Global Packaged Milkshakes Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2023:
|USD 313.4 Million
|2023 - 2033
|Forecast Period 2023 - 2033 CAGR:
|2033 Value Projection:
|USD 556.4 Million
|Historical Data for:
|2019 - 2022
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Flavor, By Packaging Material, By Distribution Channel, By Region and COVID-19 Impact Analysis.
|Nestle SA, General Mills, Inc., Dean Foods, The Hershey Company, Danone, GCMMF, CavinKare, Mother Dairy Fruits & Vegetables, FrieslandCampina, Muller UK & Ireland, Amul (The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.), Britannia Industries Limited, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Dairy Farmers of America, Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, Keystone Foods LLC, and Others
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
|COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis
Get more details on this report -
The packaged milkshake market is mainly fueled by the changing dietary and lifestyle patterns of consumers. Consumers are looking for quick and healthy solutions to meet their nutritional needs as they become more health-conscious. Packaged milkshakes are a good choice for people who are always on the go and need a quick and easy way to get their recommended daily intake of essential nutrients.
In addition to raising public awareness of health issues, advertising and brand personification are major drivers of the market's growth. Companies are developing interactive ads with well-known athletes who demonstrate the health benefits of their packaged milkshakes, hence driving market share. Young consumer tastes for these milkshakes are growing because they are convenient and can be had while participating in any activity. The need for packaged milkshakes is predicted to rise in association with the trend of increased travel and an increasing working population. The increasing acceptance of probiotic drinks, which are rich with healthy ingredients, has led to an increase in the demand for packaged milkshakes. A major shift in the market has been brought about by the increase of health-conscious consumers. Rich ingredient milkshakes are supposed to improve skin health, increase vitality, fortify the immune system, and enhance overall wellbeing.
Rising popularity of healthier beverage options, such as smoothies, protein drinks, and plant-based alternatives, may divert consumer preferences away from traditional packaged milkshakes. Smoothies containing yogurt, plant-based milk, fresh or frozen fruits, and vegetables have replaced milkshakes as a healthier option. These drinks are often sold as being high in nutrients and full of vitamins, fiber, and minerals. Variability in the cost of raw materials, such as milk, flavorings, and additives, can affect the overall production cost of packaged milkshakes, potentially impacting profit margins.
The global packaged milkshakes market share is classified into flavor, product, application, and end-user
- The chocolate segment is expected to hold the largest share of the global packaged milkshakes Market during the forecast period.
Based on flavor, the global packaged milkshakes market is divided into vanilla, chocolate, strawberry, and other flavors. Among these, the chocolate segment is expected to hold the largest share of the packaged milkshakes market during the forecast period. Chocolate is a popular flavor in the milkshake market, offering a classic and widely loved option among consumers. Companies often introduce a variety of chocolate-based milkshakes, such as dark chocolate, milk chocolate, chocolate fudge, or chocolate with added ingredients like nuts or caramel. Companies are introducing healthier versions of chocolate milkshakes, incorporating ingredients like plant-based milk alternatives, reduced sugar content, or added functional ingredients.
- The glass segment is expected to grow at fastest pace in the global packaged milkshakes market during the forecast period.
Based on the packaging material, the global packaged milkshakes market is divided into glass, paper, plastic, and tin. The glass segment is expected to grow at fastest pace in the packaged milkshakes market during the forecast period. Glass doesn't react with food, so milkshakes stay safe and healthy for an extended period of time. The material is inert, recyclable, and possibly reusable. However, customers prefer glass milkshake packages because they are easier to handle and can be consumed whenever and while engaging in any activity. Manufacturer prefer this type of packaging because it is more cost-effective compared to alternative packaging, such as metal, resulting in lower packing expenses. Glass packaged milkshakes gives a natural appearance. Therefore, these elements are thus fueling the market and are expected to increase demand for glass as packaging material in the forecast period.
- The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment is expected to grow at greatest pace in the global packaged milkshakes market during the forecast period.
Based on the distribution channel, the global packaged milkshakes market is divided into supermarkets & hypermarkets, convenience stores, online retail, and others. The supermarkets & hypermarkets segment is expected to grow at greatest pace in the packaged milkshakes market during the forecast period. Consumers now prefer shopping at supermarkets and hypermarkets since they are convenient and offer a wide variety of products at reasonable prices. The incorporation of in-store advertising and promotional strategies by the manufacturer and retailer has increased the popularity of these channels.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Global Packaged Milkshakes Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold the largest share of the global packaged milkshakes market over the predicted timeframe.
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold the largest share of the global packaged milkshakes Market over the predicted timeframe. A huge variety of flavors is probably going to push the packaged milkshake business in the region. The demand for packaged milkshakes is projected to increase in emerging economies such as India and China, driven by a growing health-conscious population and rising disposable incomes. The Indian market is anticipated for growth during the forecast period, fueled by the introduction of private-label options and the establishment of franchise stores by global milkshake brands in major cities. The adoption of tetra packs for milkshake packaging is contributing to the market's advancement in India. In addition, Japan, a key market in the Asia Pacific, is expected to undergo significant progress throughout the forecast period, driven by increasing demand for diverse flavors and the presence of popular networks of restaurants like McDonald's.
Middle East and Africa is expected to grow at the fastest pace in the global packaged milkshakes market during the forecast period. The growth of the regional market is primarily driven by the combination of a humid and hot climate, along with the innovative introduction of various milkshake flavors by manufacturers. However, the rising preference for clearly pleasing products and the fast-paced lifestyle in this region is expected to contribute to the growth of the industry in the forecast period.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global packaged milkshakes along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Companies
- Nestle SA
- General Mills, Inc.
- Dean Foods
- The Hershey Company
- Mother Dairy Fruits & Vegetables
- Muller UK & Ireland
- Amul (The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.)
- Britannia Industries Limited
- Royal FrieslandCampina N.V.
- Dairy Farmers of America, Inc.
- The Coca-Cola Company
- Keystone Foods LLC
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In March 2023, CavinKare, an integration in the FMCG sector, revealed its plans to broaden its value-added dairy offerings by introducing the Cavin's Yoghurt range. This new product line comprises two distinct items: Fruit Yoghurt and Yoghurt Shake, each available in two flavors - strawberry and mango.
- In May 2023, Hershey India, a division of The Hershey Company, a prominent international snacking and confectionery corporation, has initiated a fresh digital initiative named 'Slurp Up the Fun.' This campaign introduces the Cashew Butterscotch Ice Cream Flavor Milkshake, a unique combination of cashew nuts and butterscotch ice cream flavor, designed in response to current consumer preferences and research on distinctive and premium milkshake flavors.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2033. Spherical Insights has segmented the global packaged milkshakes market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Packaged Milkshakes Market, By Flavor
- Other Flavors
Global Packaged Milkshakes Market, By Packaging Material
Global Packaged Milkshakes Market, By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Online Retail
Global Packaged Milkshakes Market, By Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. Which region holds the largest share of the global packaged milkshakes market?Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold the largest share of the global packaged milkshakes market over the predicted timeframe.
2. What is the market growth rate of the global packaged milkshakes market?The market size is growing at a CAGR of 5.9% from 2023 to 2033.
3. What is the market size of the global packaged milkshakes market?The global packaged milkshakes market is expected to grow from USD 313.4 Million in 2023 to USD 556.4 Million by 2033, during the forecast period 2023-2033.
4. Which are the key companies that are currently operating within global packaged milkshakes market?Nestle SA, General Mills, Inc., Dean Foods, The Hershey Company, Danone, GCMMF, CavinKare, Mother Dairy Fruits & Vegetables, FrieslandCampina, Muller UK & Ireland, Amul (The Gujarat Co-operative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd.), Britannia Industries Limited, Royal FrieslandCampina N.V., Dairy Farmers of America, Inc., The Coca-Cola Company, Keystone Foods LLC, Others
Need help to buy this report?