Global Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global orthopedic regenerative medicine market was valued at USD 4.2 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 4% from 2021 to 2030
- The global orthopedic regenerative medicine market is expected to reach USD 5.9 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global orthopedic regenerative medicine market is expected to reach USD 5.9 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 4% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The orthopedic regenerative medicine market has grown due to increasing technological advancements, the prevalence of arthritis, and the rise in orthopedic surgeries. In addition, there is an increase in R&D activities which is expected to provide growth opportunities for the market during the forecast period.
Orthopedic diseases like osteoarthritis are the most common reason why older people’s bones are becoming fragile. Because of sedentary lifestyles, obesity, and an aging population, the number of cases is expected to rise over the forecast period. This will drive demand for the orthopedic regenerative medicine market. The COVID-19 pandemic restrained the market because it caused a decrease in elective treatments, clinical research to be put on hold, and sales and demand to drop. As the COVID treatment goes on, it is expected that the number of elective procedures will rise over time. The market for orthopedic regenerative medicine is expected to be driven by new technologies like stem cells, viscosupplements, and Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) therapies, as well as technological advances that result from more research and development. Seventy percent of people who took part in a poll in 2020 that was published in the International Journal of Complementary and Alternative Medicine said that regenerative medicine therapies should be used to treat musculoskeletal problems. When it came to people who had tried regenerative medicine therapy, the result is more positive. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and stem cell-based therapies are at the forefront of research in the field of regenerative medicine. These therapies are used to treat disease like damaged tissues, osteoarthritis, and injuries.
Global Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 4.2 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||4%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 5.9 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||135|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, By End User, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Vericel Corporation, Baxter, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, Smith & Nephew, AlloSource, Amniox Medical, Inc., VSY Biotechnology, Aptissen S.A., MiMedx, Arthrex, Inc|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global orthopedic regenerative medicine based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global orthopedic regenerative medicine market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global orthopedic regenerative medicine market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the viscosupplements segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 42.1% and market revenue of 1.7 billion.
Based on the product, the global orthopedic regenerative medicine market is categorized into Allograft, Cell-based, and Viscosupplements. In 2021, the Viscosupplements segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 42.1% and market revenue of 1.7 billion. This rise can be explained by the fact that more and more people are getting knee pain and osteoarthritis. Knee osteoarthritis can also be caused by age, obesity, too much activity, an injury, or a genetic predisposition. Because of this, it is likely that the market for orthopedic regenerative medicine will continue to grow. In Taiwan, an intra-articular viscosupplement single injection called HyLink will be available in August 2021 to treat knee osteoarthritis. This news came from the Seikagaku Corporation.
- In 2021, the joint reconstruction segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 30% and a market revenue of 1.26 billion.
Based on application, the orthopedic regenerative medicine market is categorized into Orthopedic Pain Management, Trauma Repair, Cartilage & Tendon Repair, Joint Reconstruction, and Others. In 2021, the joint reconstruction segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 30% and market revenue of 1.26 billion. The main things that contribute to this segment are the rise in surgical procedures, the use of regenerative methods in joint repair, and technical advances. For example, Amniox Medical, Inc. has a line of surgical allografts called Clarix. These can be used in orthopedic surgery for trauma and reconstruction, arthroplasty, and soft-tissue repair.
- In 2021, the hospital’s segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40.1% and market revenue of 1.68 billion.
Based on end-User, the orthopedic regenerative medicine market is categorized into Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, and Others. In 2021, the hospital’s segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40.1% and market revenue of 1.68 billion. The healthcare industry is increasing due to the rise in research and new product development. In addition, the huge share of this segment is because of the rise in orthopedic treatments in hospitals. For example, the Gelenk Klinik in Germany is an orthopedic hospital that does more than 2400 surgeries and treats more than 24,000 orthopedic patients every year.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global orthopedic regenerative medicine market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 4.2 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global orthopedic regenerative medicine market, with a market share of around 36.7% and 4.2 billion of the market revenue. North America is expected to be the largest market. This can be explained by the fact that the United States and Canada have a lot of important key players, an aging population, and high-tech healthcare facilities. Statistics Canada says that about 6.8 million people in the country were 65 or older in July 2020, while the median age was 40.9. Due to the growing number of older people and the high number of people with long-term orthopedic problems this region is dominating.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, This is because of changes in the infrastructure of health care, the expansion of large companies, and the rise of orthopedic diseases like osteoarthritis. The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of the Government of India says that between 22% and 39% of Indians have osteoarthritis, and it is expected that this number will continue to rise over time.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global orthopedic regenerative medicine market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Anika Therapeutics, Inc.
- Vericel Corporation
- Zimmer Biomet
- Smith & Nephew
- Amniox Medical, Inc.
- VSY Biotechnology
- Aptissen S.A.
- Arthrex, Inc
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In August 2021, SEIKAGAKU CORPORATION put the HyLink on the Taiwanese market. It is a viscosupplement that is injected into a joint only once. The new medicine, which is meant to treat osteoarthritis of the knee, is being sold by TCM Biotech International Corporation.
- In January 2021, Miravo Healthcare said that they would start selling NeoVisc+ and NeoVisc ONE commercially in Canada. Viscosupplements with hyaluronic acid have been made with the goal of treating pain. Health Canada gave the green light for the NeoVisc+ and NeoVisc ONE vaccines in September 2020.
- In May 2022, Anika Therapeutics, Inc. (NASDAQ: ANIK), a worldwide joint preservation company that focuses on early intervention orthopedics, said that it had received approval from the US Food and Drug Administration under the 510(k) program. The Food and Drug Administration has given its OK to the X-TwistTM Knotless Fixation System (FDA).
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global orthopedic regenerative medicine market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market, By Product
Global Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market, By Application
- Orthopedic Pain Management
- Trauma Repair
- Cartilage & Tendon Repair
- Joint Reconstruction
Global Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market, By End-User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market was valued at USD 4.2 billion in 2021 to USD 5.9 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market?The Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market is growing at a CAGR of 4% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market?North America emerged as the largest market for Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine.
Who are the key players in the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market?Key players in the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market are Anika Therapeutics, Inc., Vericel Corporation, Baxter, Zimmer Biomet, Stryker, Smith & Nephew, AlloSource, Amniox Medical, Inc., VSY Biotechnology, Aptissen S.A., MiMedx, and Arthrex, Inc.
Which factor drives the growth of the Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine market?Increased bone-related problems are expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?