Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global machine-glazed kraft paper market was valued at USD 12.62 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5% from 2022 to 2030
- The global machine-glazed kraft paper market is expected to reach USD 19 billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global machine-glazed kraft paper market is expected to reach USD 19 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The machine-glazed kraft paper market has grown because of its high strength and ideal combination of gloss and smoothness. In addition, the growing variety of applications from numerous end-use sectors, including healthcare, food and beverage, automotive, textile, and personal care, as well as increased desires for superior printing quality and sustainable packaging is also contributing to the market expansion.
Machine-glazed paper is uncoated and properly finished, with a somewhat rough surface and an especially glossy appearance on one side. The excellent strength and glossiness of Kraft papers along with their smoothness make them a perfect raw material for a wide range of technical packaging, laminating, and coating applications. Globally, the increased need for eco-friendly packaging has fueled the high demand for machine-glazed kraft papers, and the plastic ban has proven to be a crucial driver in the boosted market growth of kraft paper, which fuels the considerable expansion in the paper packaging market. Manufacturers are now using paper as an alternative to plastics in the interest of sustainable packaging. This is best illustrated by East Asia and Europe, where the use of plastics has been outlawed. Although it is not the only one, e-commerce is one of the key factors influencing the rising demand for kraft paper. The need for the paper will increase in nations like India and China across all industries, including food and beverage, education, fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG), and healthcare. Kraft pulp derived from commercial wood waste can be used to make machine-glazed kraft paper. Recycling industrial waste wood to create paper pulp is becoming more and more popular worldwide, and it also helps the paper sector thrive over the long run. The forecast period will likely see slower expansion for the machine-glazed paper market due to high recycling costs and shifting raw material prices. Due to the spread of COVID-19, the machine-glazed paper market is currently experiencing one of its roughest periods in history. The lack of shipping containers is also expected to impede the market growth.
Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 12.62 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 19 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||198|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||203|
|Segments covered:||By Product Type, By Basis Weight, By Application, By End-user, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||The Mondi Group, BillerudKorsnas, SCG Packaging, Gascogne, KapStone, WestRock, Segezha Group, Smurfit Kappa, Nordic Paper, Tolko Industries, Canfor Corporation, Oji Holding, Fujian Qingshan Paper, Tokushu Tokai Paper, Natron-Hayat, Daio Paper, Horizon Pulp & Paper, Chuetsu Pulp & Paper, Copamex, Forsac, Georgia-Pacific, and Primo Tedesco.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global machine-glazed kraft paper based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global machine-glazed kraft paper market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global machine-glazed kraft paper market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the kraft paper segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60% and market revenue of 7.5 billion.
Based on the product type, the global machine-glazed kraft paper market is categorized into Kraft Paper and Tissue Paper. In 2021, the kraft paper segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60% and market revenue of 7.5 billion. Kraft sheets that have been machine-glazed are excellent for packing since they are durable, economical, and environmentally friendly. As consumers become more aware of the environmental burden, they are gravitating toward eco-friendly businesses and products, including kraft paper packaging. So, over the past few years, certain retail establishments have begun adopting machine-coated kraft paper bags.
- In 2021, the wraps segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 28% and market revenue of 3.5 billion.
Based on the application, the global machine-glazed kraft paper market is categorized into Bags and Pouches, Sacks, Labels and Release Liners, Wraps, Coating, and Lamination, Envelops, Trays & Bowls, and Others. In 2021, the wraps segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 28% and market revenue of 3.5 billion. Because it perfectly complies with all packaging standards, machine-glazed paper is highly sought after by end-use industries for a variety of packaging applications. Manufacturers of machine-glazed paper have a wide range of opportunities, including product development, capacity expansion, the use of commercial wood waste in the production of MG paper, and many more.
- In 2021, the food and beverages segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 22% and market revenue of 2.7 billion.
Based on the end-user, the global machine-glazed kraft paper market is categorized into Food and Beverages, Electrical and Electronics, Automotive, Healthcare, Personal Care and Cosmetics, Textile, Building and Construction, and Others. In 2021, the building and construction segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 22% and market revenue of 2.7 billion. The market for machine-glazed kraft paper is growing as a result of an increase in aesthetically pleasing and environmentally friendly packaging across many end-use sectors worldwide, particularly in emerging economies. Some of the most important uses are in the food and beverages industries.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Machine-Glazed Kraft Paper Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global machine glazed kraft paper market, with a market share of around 34.3% and 12.62 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, Asia- Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global machine glazed kraft paper market, with a market share of around 34.3% and 12.62 billion of the market revenue. Machine-glazed paper producers worldwide have expanded their operations in Asia due to the region's access to cheap labour and output. The environmental movement is also quickly taking up in Asia. The area has made a significant difference in beverage packaging that makes environmental claims. China dominates the Asia-Pacific machine-glazed paper market as a result of the low cost of the product and the abundance of manufacturers in the area. Many foods and beverage experts in Asia have noticed a rising need for environmentally friendly packaging for meals and beverages consumed while travelling and at restaurants.
- The North America market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, due to the region's rising demand for virgin wood pulp.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global machine-glazed kraft paper market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- The Mondi Group
- SCG Packaging
- Segezha Group
- Smurfit Kappa
- Nordic Paper
- Tolko Industries
- Canfor Corporation
- Oji Holding
- Fujian Qingshan Paper
- Tokushu Tokai Paper
- Daio Paper
- Horizon Pulp & Paper
- Chuetsu Pulp & Paper
- Primo Tedesco
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- On March 8, 2022, Elopak and Nippon Paper Industries signed a Memorandum of Understanding, to advance their partnership and liquid-paper packaging efforts (MoU).
- On December 20, 2021, Verso stated that BillerudKorsnäs would purchase the company in order to expand its operations in North America and give one of the largest producers of virgin fibre paper and packaging a competitive edge in terms of price and quality.
- On January 5th, 2021, Olmuksan, a renowned producer of corrugated packaging in Turkey, was acquired by Mondi. 90.38 Mondi acquired per cent of Olmuksan International Paper Ambalaj Sanayi ve Ticaret A for €66 million ("Olmuksan" or the "Company").
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global machine-glazed kraft paper market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market, By Product Type
- Kraft Paper
- Tissue Paper
Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market, By Basis Weight
- Up to 40 GSM
- 71 to 100 GSM
- 41 to 70 GSM
- Above 100 GSM
Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market, By Grade
Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market, By Application
- Bags and Pouches
- Labels and Release Liners
- Coating and Lamination
- Trays and Bowls
Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market, By End-user
- Food and Beverages
- Electrical and Electronics
- Personal Care and Cosmetics
- Building and Construction
Global Machine Glazed Kraft Paper Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market was valued at USD 12.62 billion in 2021 to USD 19 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market?The Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market is growing at a CAGR of 5% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market?Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for Machine Glazed Kraft Paper.
Who are the key players in the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market?Key players in the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market are The Mondi Group, BillerudKorsnas, SCG Packaging, Gascogne, KapStone, WestRock, Segezha Group, Smurfit Kappa, Nordic Paper, Tolko Industries, Canfor Corporation, Oji Holding, Fujian Qingshan Paper, Tokushu Tokai Paper, Natron-Hayat, Daio Paper, Horizon Pulp & Paper, Chuetsu Pulp & Paper, Copamex, Forsac, Georgia-Pacific, and Primo Tedesco.
Which factor drives the growth of the Machine Glazed Kraft Paper market?An increase in the demand in the food sector is expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?