Global Liquid Hand Soap Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Packaging Type (Bottle, Pouch, and Tube), By Application (Household and Commercial), By Nature (Synthetic and Organic), By Distribution Channel (Supermarkets, Pharmaceutical Stores, Online Stores, and Convenience Stores), By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030Industry: Healthcare
Global Liquid Hand Soap Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Liquid Hand Soap market was valued at USD 21.0 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 31% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Liquid Hand Soap market is expected to reach USD 238.59 billion by 2030
- The Europe is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Liquid Hand Soap market is expected to reach USD 238.59 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 31% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. It is anticipated that increased consumer spending on personal hygiene products will soon increase the request for liquid hand soaps globally. Government suggestions to prevent the transmission of coronavirus, such as urging people to wash their hands frequently, are anticipated to increase demand for liquid hand soaps in the worldwide liquid hand soap market shortly.
The increased awareness of personal hygiene among the adult population worldwide attributes to the industry's growth. liquid hand soap comes with low PH levels. Because of this, they are gentle and suitable for all skin types, even sensitive skin. Due to all these factors, there is an enormous demand for liquid hand soap from most of the world's population. Hand liquid hand soap is made specifically to clean and wash hands. The most popular and commonly used detergent product category is liquid hand soap. Depending on the ingredients, liquid hand soaps may have a variety of qualities. An anionic surfactant, a cocamide DEA surfactant, coco betaine as an amphoteric surfactant, an opaque substance to make it opaque, a dye, a fragrance, glycerin to prevent hand outdoors conditions, and other ingredients are found in liquid hand soap. In addition, an antibacterial agent for generating antibacterial hand liquid hand soap. Children's liquid hand soap can be made with gentle ingredients. Demand for liquid hand soap shortly will likely increase as consumer awareness of safety and sanitation increases. The main agents that spread illness are bacteria and germs. Additionally, it is anticipated that increased consumer spending on personal hygiene products will soon increase the request for liquid hand soaps globally. In different settings, including restaurants, malls, hospitals, workplaces, and many other places of this nature, the demand for liquid hand soaps has increased because of the development of Covid-19 and other infectious diseases, such as H1NI. Government suggestions to prevent the transmission of coronavirus, such as urging people to wash their hands frequently, are anticipated to increase demand for liquid hand soaps in the worldwide liquid hand soap market shortly. The advent of the most recent outbreak, Covid-19, has currently had a positive effect on the demand for liquid hand soap, which is anticipated to increase in the coming years. Demand for products has increased in several establishments, including restaurants, educational institutions, malls, and others, due to governments' strict standards for keeping cleanliness and adjusting hygienic practices among consumers. However, the global government's lockdown in 2020 to stop the spread of COVID-19 has presented various difficulties for the product producers, such as problems obtaining raw materials, damage to the supply chain, a lack of labor, and so on.
Global Liquid Hand Soap Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 21.0 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||31%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 238.59 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||189|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||157|
|Segments covered:||By Packaging Type, By Application, By Nature, By Distribution Channel, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Unilever, Colgate-Palmolive, Procter & Gamble, Henkel, 3M, Gojo Industries, Reckitt, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., Kao Chemicals, Bluemoon Bodycare,|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for liquid hand soap based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the liquid hand soap market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each liquid hand soap market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the bottles segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39.6% and market revenue of 8.31 billion.
Based on the packaging type, the liquid hand soap market is categorized into bottles, pouches, and tubes. In 2021, the bottles segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39.6% and market revenue of 8.31 billion. The bottle packaging segment will likely expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. Since bottles have a large capacity, they are a very popular type of packaging in both the commercial and domestic sectors. Since bottles may be reused and are refillable, demand for them will increase over the projection period. Particularly in the commercial sector, the "bulk buying trend" is experiencing favorable market expansion.
- In 2021, the household segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 63% and market revenue of 13.23 billion.
Based on application, the Liquid Hand Soap market is categorized into household and commercial. In 2021, the household segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 63% and market revenue of 13.23 billion. One of the distinguishing factors driving the market demand is the accelerating emphasis placed on maintaining personal hygiene. Due to the high level of hygiene standards at home, liquid hand soap is more widely used in the domestic sector than in counter applications. By reducing the danger of infectious diseases and destroying germs, liquid hand soap aids in preserving personal hygiene and will likely gain market share in the forecast period.
- In 2021, the synthetic segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 57.1% and market revenue of 11.9 billion.
Based on nature, the market is fragmented into synthetic and organic. In 2021, the synthetic segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 57.1% and a market revenue of 11.9 billion. The synthetic segment will likely hold a high CAGR during the forecast period. Consumers greatly like synthetic liquid hand soap because it effectively kills bacteria and other microbes. It is made of synthetic chemical agents. The current COVID-19 epidemic has increased demand for synthetic liquid hand soap due to its significant fast-acting properties and capacity to inactivate or destroy microorganisms. Consumers' rapidly rising hygiene concerns have fueled a global increase in demand for liquid hand soaps. The market demand for liquid hand wash soaps is expected to increase due to the many advantages of these products over their alternative uses. Players in the market are investing quickly in locating local raw materials to lower their manufacturing costs and, therefore, product prices.
- In 2021, the supermarket segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 29.6% and market revenue of 6.21 billion.
Based on distribution channels, the market is segmented into supermarkets, pharmaceutical stores, online stores, and convenience stores. In 2021, the supermarket segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 29.6% and market revenue of 6.21 billion. The supermarket segment is anticipated to hold a significant value during the forecast period. A busy schedule and increasing premium brand sales trends have spurred the rise of supermarkets and hypermarkets. People who reside in urban areas favor shopping at supermarkets and department stores since they have access to all things under one roof. The market is expanding as a result of increased consumer traffic in supermarkets and hypermarkets. The fact that hypermarkets offer one-stop shopping is another important aspect of the booming liquid hand soap sector. Another reason boosting the demand for the supermarket category is the simplicity of separating products from different brands. Furthermore, supermarkets now provide greater deals, coupons, and membership cards as part of a strategic attempt by the chains to draw in and keep more customers, which is anticipated to boost the sector outlook further.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Liquid Hand Soap Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global Liquid Hand Soap market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 8.2 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global Liquid Hand Soap market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 8.2 billion of the market revenue in 2021. The Asia Pacific market will likely grow at a significant CAGR during the forecast period. Increasing hygiene awareness, a sizable number of important competitors, and introducing innovative products in the region are expected to propel market expansion in the coming years. Additionally, a growing population in this area will open up incredible sales opportunities for domestic and commercial applications of liquid hand soap.
- The Europe market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. Due to the presence of highly developed countries in the region, the demand for liquid hand soap is expected to be significant in Europe. Favorable government programs like organic product certification and eco-labels encourage business players to produce organic products, causing a substantial market expansion for liquid hand soap made from organic ingredients. Due to increased environmental awareness, businesses are also employing recycled plastic for packaging, boosting the region's market.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Liquid Hand Soap market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Procter & Gamble
- Henkel, 3M
- Gojo Industries
- Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc.
- Kao Chemicals
- Bluemoon Bodycare
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In September 2021, A new partnership between Walgreens and Safeguard and Americares was launched to start the Hope is in Your Hands campaign, which will give 10 million handwashing to underserved neighborhoods and families. Americares is a relief and development organization with a focus on health. It assists communities in many ways, including by enhancing access to medication and medical supplies, enhancing and expanding clinical services, preventing sickness, and promoting overall wellness.
- In April 2020, Colgate-Palmolive adopted a procedure to patent the liquid hand soap bottle dispensing pump in April 2020. Others could not debut their products for two years without access to the pump, giving Colgate-Palmolive (Softsoap brand) a definite advantage in the market.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Liquid Hand Soap market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Liquid Hand Soap Market, By Packaging Type
Global Liquid Hand Soap Market, By Nature
Global Liquid Hand Soap Market, By Distribution Channel
- Pharmaceutical Stores
- Online Stores
- Convenience Stores
Global Liquid Hand Soap Market, By Application
Global Liquid Hand Soap Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the global Liquid Hand Soap market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Liquid Hand Soap market was valued at USD 21.0 billion in 2021 to USD 238.59 billion by 2030
What is the market growth rate of the global Liquid Hand Soap market?The global Liquid Hand Soap market is growing at a CAGR of 31.0% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
Which region dominates the global Liquid Hand Soap market?The Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for Liquid Hand Soap.
What is the significant driving factor for the Liquid Hand Soap market?Changing lifestyles and increasing purchasing power of consumers in developing countries will influence the market's growth.
Which factor is limiting the growth of the Liquid Hand Soap market?High costs and more energy consumption in production could hamper market growth.
What is an opportunity for the Liquid Hand Soap market?Powder to Liquid Gel Refill Pack will provide considerable opportunities to the market.
Who are the key players in the global Liquid Hand Soap market?Key players of the Liquid Hand Soap market are Unilever, Colgate-Palmolive, Procter & Gamble, Henkel, 3M, Gojo Industries, Reckitt, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., and others.
Need help to buy this report?