Global Linseed Oil Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Linseed Oil market was valued at USD 3.2 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Linseed Oil market is expected to reach USD 5.13 billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Linseed Oil Market is expected to reach USD 5.13 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The Linseed Oil market has been growing owing to the increasing applications of Linseed Oils. Furthermore, the increasing concern for healthcare facilities and stringent regulatory and sustainability mandates propel the market’s growth.
Linseed oil is obtained from flax seeds. Both linseed oil and flaxseed oil come from the same source, but they are processed differently, with flaxseed oil being perfectly suitable for human use. In contrast, linseed oil is utilized for industrial purposes. Flax is one of the oldest and most valuable crops farmed in colder areas. Linseed oil is safe for use around people. Linseed oil and flaxseed oil come from the same source, but they are processed differently, with flaxseed oil being perfectly suitable for human use. In contrast, linseed oil is utilized for industrial purposes. It is used to enhance the fluidity, gloss, and transparency of oil paints. It's used in putty, which can be painted and hardened in a few weeks and can be used as a window sealant for glass. It is used to create cue shafts for pools and billiards. It is employed in the production of linoleum, a type of flooring. Used by a luthier to repair the fretboards of string instruments like the guitar and mandolin. When applying conventional oil gilding, linseed oil is utilized to adhere gold leaf sheets to the substrate. Given the firmly established link between nutrition and disease, many health-conscious people are committed to eating well and keeping track of their diets. Linseed oil's demand is projected to increase because of the increased attention given to its health advantages. Linseed oil is also taking the place of other oils like fish oil as a nutritional supplement because it is organic and of vegetarian origin. The most abundant source of lignans, a type of polyphenol found in plants, on Earth is linseed and linseed oil. Linseed oil's lignan, a plant component with anti-carcinogenic characteristics, functions as phytoestrogens. Numerous research on rats and mice have demonstrated that lignan-rich linseed oil can shrink a tumor and stop metastasis. Studies on breast and prostate cancer have produced positive outcomes in people. It has been shown through research using lignan-enriched linseed oil that cancer can be avoided. According to a study, the Budwig Diet, one of the most well-known anticancer diets, is made with linseed oil and cottage cheese. Mixing the oil and cottage cheese causes a chemical reaction between the sulfur protein in the cottage cheese and the linseed oil, making it possible for the water-miscible oil to be absorbed into the cells.
Global Linseed Oil Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 3.2 Million|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||5.4%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 5.13 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||198|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||108|
|Segments covered:||By Product Type, By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Cargill, Inc., Gustav Heess Oleochemische Erzeugnisse GmbH, vcShape Foods Inc., KH Chemicals, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company, Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH, Jamieson Natural Sources, Falcon, Vandeputte Oleochemicals, ConnOils, LLC.,|
|Growth Drivers:||The raw linseed oil segment dominated the market with the largest market share|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report on Linseed Oil categorizes the market for linseed oils based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each of the submarkets. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the linseed oil market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included in order to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the linseed oils market.
- In 2021, the raw linseed oil segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 41.3% and market revenue of 1.32 billion.
Based on the product type, the linseed oil market is categorized into raw linseed oil, boiled linseed oil, and stand oil. In 2021, the raw linseed oil segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 41.3% and market revenue of 1.32 billion. The raw linseed oil segment is likely to account for the highest revenue in the market. The demand for raw linseed oils is anticipated to rise due to rising home and commercial uses, rising income levels, and fast urbanization. The demand for sensitive interior designs is expanding because of improving living standards in developing nations and rising expenditure on high-end lifestyles, which also boosts market share. Favorable programs and initiatives launched by governments, manufacturers, and suppliers of various nations worldwide to promote organic and advanced farming practices need to increase product demand further. Key players, including Cargill Inc., Jamieson Natural Resources, and Henry Lamotte Oils Gmbh for instance, are concentrating on expanding their dealerships to boost net sales.
- In 2021, the food segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 34.6% and market revenue of 1.10 billion.
Based on application, the Linseed Oil market is categorized into Paints & Varnishes, Food, Cosmetics, Pharmaceuticals, and Animal Nutrition & Care. In 2021, the food segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 34.6% and market revenue of 1.10 billion. The food segment has accounted for the largest revenue in the market because it nourishes the body and enhances general health. Linseed oil is becoming increasingly popular in the food and supplement industries. Growing consumer knowledge of linseed oil's health benefits will likely increase demand for food and nutraceutical supplements during the forecasted period. Due to growing health awareness and disposable income, there is a greater need for premium supplements and fortified food products, which has increased the demand for linseed oil. The increasing usage of linseed oil as a functional food ingredient in a range of food products, including juices, baked goods, muffins, milk & dairy products, dry pasta products, meat products, and macaroni, among others, has lately improved the market outlook. Sales of food items have increased as more consumers adopt a balanced diet.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Linseed Oil Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global Linseed Oil market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 1.26 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Linseed Oil market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 1.26 billion of the market revenue. Major factors driving the growth of the linseed oil market in the Asia Pacific include the high production of flaxseed in China, India, and Australia, as well as the substantial presence of linseed oil suppliers and manufacturers in the region. Over the expected time, it is anticipated that growing knowledge of the health advantages of linseed oil in the pharmaceutical and food industries will favor regional market statistics. Rising urbanization and industrialization tendencies in developing nations like China, Indonesia, and India have sped up the building industry and increased the demand for linseed oil for flooring, varnishing, and painting. The need for paints and varnishes is driven by rising residential construction investment throughout Asian nations due to the region's expanding population, further boosting projections for the linseed oil industry. Additionally, quick infrastructure development produced a huge demand for wood goods, which is likely to further fuel demand in the Asia Pacific market.
- The North American market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period. Omega-3 fatty acids, which can be obtained by consuming linseed oil as a salad dressing or in a smoothie, are typically sufficient in the diets of most Americans. Alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), a precursor to the critical omega-3 fatty acids EPA, is present in a decent amount of linseed oil.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Linseed Oil market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Cargill, Inc.
- Gustav Heess Oleochemische Erzeugnisse GmbH
- Shape Foods Inc.
- KH Chemicals
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company
- Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH
- Jamieson Natural Sources
- Vandeputte Oleochemicals
- ConnOils, LLC.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In December 2021, Cargill Inc. signed a contract with Croda. In a contract, Cargill Inc. agreed to pay USD 1.03 billion for the majority of its performance technology and industrial chemicals. This will help Cargill Inc.'s bio-industrial division by providing producers with greener ingredient options.
- In April 2021, the largest linseed oil plant in the world, ASVA, was built in the Rostov region by Vandeputte Oleochemicals. ASTON (Russia) and Vandeputte Oleochemicals collaborated to build this facility. It concentrates on technological processing for double-pressing linseed oil extraction. With a production capacity of about 450 tonnes per day, the company is able to meet a higher global demand.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Linseed Oil market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Linseed Oil Market, By Product Type
- Raw Linseed Oil
- Boiled Linseed Oil
- Stand Oil
Global Linseed Oil Market, By Application
- Paints & Varnishes
- Animal Nutrition & Care
Global Linseed Oil Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the global linseed oil market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the linseed oil market was valued at USD 3.2 billion in 2021 to USD 5.39 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the global Linseed oil market?The global Linseed oil market is growing at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
Which region dominates the global Linseed oil market?Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for Linseed oil.
What is the significant driving factor for the Linseed oil market?Increasing investments in crop yield and harvesting activities for flaxseed production will influence the market's growth.
Which factor is limiting the growth of the Linseed oil market?Possible side effects could hamper the market growth.
What is an opportunity for the Linseed oil market?Advancements in food and agriculture industry will provide considerable opportunities to the market.
Who are the key players in the global Linseed oil market?Key players of the Linseed oil market are Cargill, Inc., Gustav Heess Oleochemische Erzeugnisse GmbH, Shape Foods, Inc., KH Chemicals, Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) Company, Henry Lamotte Oils GmbH, Jamieson Natural Sources, Falcon, Vandeputte Oleochemicals, and ConnOils, LLC.
Need help to buy this report?