Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact By Procedure (Lengthening Over Nail, Prostheses, and External Fixation), By End User (Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Specialty Clinics, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030Industry: Healthcare
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market was valued at USD 4.1 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market is expected to reach USD 8.6 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market is expected to reach USD 8.6 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.7% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The expansion of the cosmetics business has led to a greater emphasis placed on physical appearance and aesthetics, which has resulted in an increase in the number of individuals choosing to have cosmetic surgery worldwide. A rising number of people are turning to cosmetic surgery for various reasons, one of which is how movies and social media have shifted people's ideas about what constitutes attractiveness.
The limb-lengthening industry's expansion is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of congenital abnormalities in children's bodies. The growth of the limb or leg lengthening surgery market is expected to be further fueled during the forecast period by an increase in the expenditure on healthcare in both developed and developing countries. In addition, a greater success rate of cosmetic surgery is propelling the market's growth. However, the high cost of leg lengthening surgery and the potential for certain people to have negative effects as a result of surgery might act as barriers to the expansion of the market. The expansion of ambulatory clinics as well as specialized care centers is a direct consequence of developments in medical research that have led to decreased incidences of potential complications. The development of more effective healthcare solutions as a direct consequence of advancements made in the healthcare industry has been a primary factor in expanding the market. The advancements that have been made in surgical techniques are primarily responsible for the rise in the number of individuals who seek aesthetic intervention for limb or leg lengthening surgery. The expansion of the healthcare industry in developing nations such as India, Malaysia, and Singapore, which is attracting patients from developed countries due to the availability of affordable healthcare as well as doctors and other healthcare professionals who have received adequate training, is a result of the fact that these nations have made healthcare more accessible and more affordable. The growing trend of medical tourism, notably in India, provides access to forward-thinking healthcare treatments at more reasonable costs. The market stands to gain substantially from this chance. In India, limb or leg lengthening surgery is mostly an uncontrolled kind of surgery. This implies that licensed medical practitioners can execute it on a wide scale without the presence of extra government regulations on different parameters for the performance of the procedure.
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 4.1 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||8.7%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 8.6 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||198|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||104|
|Segments covered:||By Procedure, By End User, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||DePuy, Sonova Holding, Johnson & Johnson, Onkos Surgical, NuVasive, Zimmer, Smith & Nephew, Wright Medical, Stryker Corp|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global-based Limb/Leg lengthening surgery based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the lengthening over nail segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 41% and market revenue of 1.68 billion.
Based on the procedure, the Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market is categorized into Lengthening Over Nail, Prostheses, and External Fixation. In 2021, the lengthening over nail segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 41% and market revenue of 1.68 billion. It is anticipated that the lengthening of the nail procedure sector will increase at a respectable pace over the forecast period. The expansion of treatment options for lower-limb length disparities may be responsible for the increase that has taken place. Because of these novel treatment choices, the risk of developing problems during bone lengthening procedures has been significantly reduced. The objective of the process known as bone length regeneration is to make the limbs of a person measure the same length. This contributes to an improvement in the aesthetic as well as the practical look, which is what is driving the expansion of the market.
- In 2021, the ambulatory surgical center's segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 45% and a market revenue of 1.84 billion.
Based on the end user, the Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market is categorized into Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Specialty Clinics, and Others. In 2021, Ambulatory surgical centers dominated the market with the largest market share of 45% and market revenue of 1.84 billion. Because of expanding public health awareness and government measures to promote ambulatory healthcare services, the number of people receiving treatment as outpatients has expanded dramatically in recent years. The expansion of ambulatory surgery centers may be attributed to several factors, including an aging population that is growing in number, an increase in the incidence of chronic diseases, a rise in the cost of medical treatment, and technological developments. This market segment's expansion is driven by the provision of more complex surgical procedures at these centers, along with shorter hospital stays for patients.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market, with a market share of around 38.95% and 4.1 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market, with a market share of around 38.95% and 4.1 billion of the market revenue. It is anticipated that North America will lead the limb or leg lengthening surgery market. This is due to the increasing spending capacity of people in North America for improvements to their aesthetics and the increasing adoption of cosmetic and limb-lengthening surgery in North America. Another factor contributing to the expansion of the limb or leg lengthening surgery market in North America is the presence of highly developed medical facilities and infrastructure in the area.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. Due to rising governmental investments in improving healthcare facilities in countries like China and India, as well as rising medical tourism in the region. The Asia Pacific is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. People in the region who have leg or lame deformities or low height are motivated to choose this sort of surgery by increasing awareness of cosmetic enhancement techniques and the high success rate of these operations.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Sonova Holding
- Johnson & Johnson
- Onkos Surgical
- Smith & Nephew
- Wright Medical
- Stryker Corp
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In March 2021- Blue Ocean Spine GmbH (BOS) recently announced the purchase of PROLIXO. This German firm is now developing a new limb-lengthening technology to address the shortcomings of existing lengthening devices.
- In February 2021- The FITBONE intramedullary lengthening technology was only recently introduced by Orthofix Medical OFIX in the United States and Europe. It is anticipated that this most recent breakthrough will assist the corporation in expanding its extremities business on a worldwide scale. The intramedullary lengthening system known as FITBONE has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). It has also been awarded the CE (European Conformity) Mark in the nations of Europe. The new device will provide several treatment options for the repair of deformities as well as the lengthening of limbs.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Limb/Leg lengthening surgery market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market, By Procedure
- Lengthening Over Nail
- External Fixation
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market, By End User
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Specialty Clinics
Global Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market was valued at USD 4.1 billion in 2021 to USD 8.6 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market?The Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market is growing at a CAGR of 8.7% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market?North America emerged as the largest market for Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery.
Who are the key players in the Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market?Key players in the Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market are DePuy, Sonova Holding, Johnson & Johnson, Onkos Surgical, NuVasive, Zimmer, Smith & Nephew, Wright Medical, and Stryker Corp.
Which factor drives the growth of the Limb/Leg Lengthening Surgery market?Extensive research and development (R&D) activities are expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?