Global Ionic Liquids Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Ionic Liquids Market Size was valued at USD 2.00 Billion in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 16.07% from 2022 to 2030
- The Worldwide Ionic Liquids Market Size is expected to reach USD 7.03 Billion by 2030
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Global Ionic Liquids Market Size is expected to reach USD 7.03 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 16.07% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. Growing environmental focus on "green" chemistry is expected to drive demand for the product as an organic solvent and drive the market's expansion for ionic liquids. Furthermore, it is anticipated that during the course of the projected period, demand for extractions and separations applications would grow.
Salts made up of cations and anions are known as ionic liquids (ILs), which are typically liquids at or below 100 degrees Celsius. Ionic liquids, in contrast to molecular liquids, offer unique characteristics that make them suitable solvents for a range of industrial applications. Some of the physicochemical features are high polarity, little volatility, good thermal stability, strong ionic conductivity, low melting point, and structural design ability. Ionic liquids are also thought to be potential solvents with unique features in electrochemistry, biomass processing, medicines, tribology, and energy storage devices including batteries, super capacitors, and fuel cells, among other fields. 90% of medications under research and 40% of marketed pharmaceuticals are thought to have insufficient pharmacological characteristics, which significantly restricts therapeutic efficacy in drug discovery and development. As a result, there is an increasing need to pinpoint the tactics that help these medications be delivered more effectively. Ionic liquids, either by themselves or in conjunction with drug delivery methods, are a unique type of liquids made up of organic salts of special interest.
Additionally, there is an increasing focus on nanotechnology and ionic liquids for medication solubility, formulation, and delivery. These elements fuel the trend in the worldwide ionic liquid market. The food sector should experience significant growth, which will boost the market share for ionic liquids. These factors include growing consumer demand for processed food products, rising disposable income, and the expansion of supermarkets, particularly in emerging economies like China, India, Indonesia, and Brazil. Increased consumer knowledge of the health advantages of natural colours, such as improved development, immunity, and eye health, could encourage the use of carotenoids in food processing and further increase product demand. The chemical industry should be driven by significant development in end-use sectors like automotive and consumer goods, which are largely driven by economic expansion and population growth. This will increase demand for catalysts and ionic liquids. Catalyst use should increase as industrial companies increase their efforts to save costs, increase yield, enhance energy efficiency, and maintain compliance with environmental regulations. Catalysts do this by lowering the activation energy of chemical processes.
Global Ionic Liquids Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 2.00 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||16.07%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 7.03 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||210|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||87|
|Segments covered:||By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Solvionic, Shanghai Chengjie, 3M, Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Pvt. Ltd., Henan Lihua Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Rhodia Group, TREM Chemicals, Cytec, BASF, Linde, Lonza, FutureChem Co. Ltd., Mitsubishi Materials Electronic Chemicals Co., Ltd., Koei Chemical Co.Ltd., Reinste Nanoventure, Ionic Liquids Technologies, Merck KGaA, and Dupont.|
|Growth Drivers:||Increasing environmental emphasis on green chemistry is expected to drives the markets growth over the forecast period.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Ionic Liquids based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Ionic Liquids Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Ionic Liquids Market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the Catalysis/Synthesis segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 21.6% and a Market revenue of 0.43 Billion.
Based on the application, the Ionic Liquids Market is categorized into Catalysis/Synthesis, Food, Paper & pulp, Electronics, Biotechnology, Automotive, Pharmaceuticals and Others. In 2021, the Catalysis/Synthesis segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 21.6% and a Market revenue of 0.43 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the Catalysis/Synthesis segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR Because Many other chemical processes, including the condensation of ketones and aldehydes with hydroxylamine, the Michael addition of active methylene compounds, the aza-Michael addition reaction, and the production of pyrroles and quinolines, use these products widely. The chemical industry should be driven by significant development in end-use sectors like automotive and consumer goods, which are largely driven by economic expansion and population growth. This will increase demand for catalysts and ionic liquids. Catalyst use should increase as industrial companies increase their efforts to save costs, increase yield, enhance energy efficiency, and maintain compliance with environmental regulations. Catalysts do this by lowering the activation energy of chemical processes.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Ionic Liquids Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Ionic Liquids Market, with a Market share of around 45.15% and 0.90 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021.
- North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Ionic Liquids Market, with a Market share of around 45.15% and 0.90 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Ionic Liquids is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market. The market for Ionic Liquids was dominated by the North America region because Provinces of North America, the United States has witnessed an increase in investment in automotive technology, which has led to the extensive use of ionic liquids. In the automobile sector, ILs have been discovered as a prospective additive with outstanding capabilities for reducing friction and wear, according to a paper from ACS Publications. Major players' presence in North American provinces also contributes to the market growth for ionic liquids as a whole.
- Asia Pacific Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, In Asia-Pacific, China has the biggest and fastest-growing ionic liquid market. Ionic liquid use is increasing in Asia-Pacific due to the quick uptake of new ionic liquid-related technology. Furthermore, China is a significant nation in the Asia-Pacific region, where major chemical producers contribute to the expansion of the local market, which in turn drives the expansion of the global market.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Ionic Liquids Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Shanghai Chengjie
- Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Pvt. Ltd.
- Henan Lihua Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
- Rhodia Group
- STREM Chemicals
- FutureChem Co. Ltd.
- Mitsubishi Materials Electronic Chemicals Co., Ltd.
- Koei Chemical Co.Ltd.
- Reinste Nanoventure
- Ionic Liquids Technologies
- Merck KGaA
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In April 2021, The first ISOALKYL plant ever built, commissioned by Honeywell and Chevron Corporation, enables alkylates to be produced efficiently and affordably.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Ionic Liquids Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Ionic Liquids Market, By Application
- Paper & pulp
Global Ionic Liquids Market, Regional Analysis
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & AfricA
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Ionic Liquids market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Ionic Liquids market was valued at USD 2.00 billion in 2022 to USD 7.03 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Ionic Liquids market?The Ionic Liquids market is growing at a CAGR of 15% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Ionic Liquids market?North America emerged as the largest market for Ionic Liquids.
Who are the key players in the Ionic Liquids market?Key players in the Ionic Liquids market are Solvionic, Shanghai Chengjie, 3M, Tatva Chintan Pharma Chem Pvt. Ltd., Henan Lihua Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., Rhodia Group, TREM Chemicals, Cytec, BASF, Linde, Lonza, FutureChem Co. Ltd., Mitsubishi Materials Electronic Chemicals Co., Ltd., Koei Chemical Co.Ltd., Reinste Nanoventure, Ionic Liquids Technologies, Merck KGaA, and Dupont.
Which factor drives the growth of the Ionic Liquids market?Increasing environmental emphasis on green chemistry is expected to drives the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?