Global Indoor Location Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Indoor Location Market Size was valued at USD 8.15 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 20.5% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Indoor Location Market Size is expected to reach USD 52.88 Billion by 2032
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Indoor Location Market Size is expected to reach USD 52.88 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 20.5% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032. The key elements propelling the expansion of the indoor location market are governments' ongoing support for establishing public safety, the growing penetration of smartphones, and the insufficiency of GPS navigation systems in interior places. Furthermore, increased adoption of smartphones with creative mobile applications, m-commerce, digitization trend, and technical improvements are driving the growth of the indoor location market.
An indoor location or indoor positioning system is a technology that uses radio frequencies, sound waves, electromagnetic waves, and other sensory data acquired by mobile devices in order to find persons or things inside an indoor structure. It consists of hardware, software, and service components that are used for offering indoor location services to various enterprises across multiple industries. Indoor positioning system sophisticated technology is utilized for tracing items that can detect objects or individuals in a firm using radio waves or acoustic emissions acquired from handheld electronics such as mobile phones and other gadgets. There are a number of commercial systems available, however no standards for an indoor location system. The development of indoor positioning systems has also offered organizations greater precision across various locations, regardless of the hardware utilized. Aside from that, the technique has assisted several production units in efficiently managing their work surface area.
The demand for precise locations is increasing. Millions of individuals and numerous devices use outdoor location techniques on a daily basis. On the other hand, the indoor location is still being explored and is not frequently used. The indoor location must be more exact than the exterior location. This demand places high expectations on the development of new positioning systems.
The major key players in the global indoor location market include Apple, Cisco, HPE, Acuity Brands, Zebra Technologies, HID Global, InnerSpace, Syook, Google, and Oriient. To expand their market offers, indoor location market suppliers have employed a variety of unconventional and organic growth tactics, including new product releases, product improvements, collaborations and contracts, business expansions, and acquisitions and mergers.
For instance, on May 2023, Pointr, a global leader in indoor positioning and mapping, is introducing one of the world's largest single-site indoor location systems at Abu Dhabi's famed Reem Mall. Pointr, in collaboration with partner Dimension Data, helped achieve Reem Mall's aim for a cutting-edge indoor location experience within their guest app by covering all public sections of the mall, a total of 2.3 million square feet.
Global Indoor Location Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 8.15 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:||20.5%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 52.88 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2018-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||120|
|Segments covered:||By Component, By Technology, By Application, By End-Users, By Region.|
|Companies Covered:||Apple, Cisco, HPE, Acuity Brands, Zebra Technologies, HID Global, InnerSpace, Syook, Google, Oriient, STANLEY Healthcare, Esri, Kontakt.io, Inpixon, AiRISTA, Ubisense, Azitek, infsoft, HERE, InnerSpace, Polaris Wireless.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
With the rapid surge in smartphone adoption and changes in consumer mobile phone spending patterns, entrepreneurs and major companies are swiftly responding to new advancements and exploring strategies that offer location-based applications for connecting indoor audiences. The roll-out of indoor location technology has aided businesses in improving customer experiences and providing optimal navigation for goods or places of business. Furthermore, the widespread adoption of numerous innovations, such as Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Wi-Fi, allows users to identify an individual's location within a certain range.
Additionally, the indoor location market is being driven by factors such as the necessity for dependable GPS technology in interior locations and the need for improvements in public safety. Furthermore, the market's future is being determined by the demand for cost-cutting methods linked with the deployment strategy, which appears optimistic. The manufacturing, distribution, and logistics industries provide tremendous possibilities for the indoor location market, as a majority of manufacturing businesses and storage facilities deploy indoor location technology that allows minute-level tracking of assets and resources, guaranteeing the quality assurance of the product developed. Precision and analytics are among the most significant variables in the manufacturing business, and the data associated with them is best obtained through real-time data concerning assets. In addition, the recognition of the government for the significance of better locating technology to enhance urban security and the public's security is increasing the popularity of indoor location market solutions.
However, some of the most significant hurdles to the growth of this market is a lack of information about indoor location technologies and their benefits, which impedes client engagement and acceptance. As a result, indoor location technology requires a strong marketing strategy to raise awareness about its use. Furthermore, severe laws and regulations are another major impediments to the expansion of the indoor location market. The gathering, sharing, and utilization of location-based information is restricted by government rules and regulations such as the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Furthermore, the indoor location market is still in the stages of development in several nations.
By Technology Insights
The BLE segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of technology, the global indoor location market is segmented into the BLE, UWB, Wi-Fi, RFID, and others. Among these, the BLE segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 32.6% over the forecast period. Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) technology signals from battery-powered transmitters are a key indoor locating technology. BLE is one of the latest technologies that has emerged and becomes an industry standard available on most devices today. For instance, several bicycles went missing in the Belgian town of Michelin. Infsoft provided an indoor tracking solution based on Bluetooth beacons and infsoft Locator Nodes to deal with this problem. The approach allowed city officials to recover the bicycles, prosecute the thieves, and minimize the number of burglaries.
By Application Insights
The remote monitoring segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the global indoor location market is segmented into indoor navigation maps, remote monitoring, tracking & tracing application, monitoring emergency management, and others. Among these, the remote monitoring segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. Remote monitoring applications leverage numerous technologies such as Bluetooth Low Energy, Wi-Fi, and ultrasonic wavelength band in order to enhance the effectiveness, user interface, and convenience of consumers. Indoor positioning technology, for example, is utilized in warehouses to track parcels and items and to centralize parcel monitoring. Indoor tracking systems using BLE technology are available from infsoft for property inventory administration on the premises of the organization.
By End-Uses Insights
The transportation & logistics segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 38.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of end-uses, the global indoor location market is segmented into BFSI, retail, telecom, transportation & logistics, healthcare, oil & gas, mining, information technology & media, manufacturing, government, public utilities, public safety & security, and others. Among these, the transportation & logistics segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 38.2% over the forecast period. This expansion can be linked to the widespread need for enhanced transportation support for travelers at airports and railway stations in order to guide them in the proper route and to the right spot. Furthermore, indoor location is gaining prominence in transportation and logistics since it allows for the identification of client behavior, the provision of vital information that aids in the development of enhanced advertising campaigns, and the optimization of services. The demand to monitor and identify asset locations to minimize the time in asset management and tracking is driving the growth of the indoor location market in the transportation and logistics industry. With the application of location analytics technologies, the business can organize and comprehend any complex plans, allowing it to swiftly gather data and communicate with consumers.
North America dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
North America is dominating the market with more than 38.7% market share over the forecast period. This dominance can be credited to the widespread implementation of technology and the existence of important market participants in the region. The United States and Canada are the region's major markets, with considerable advancements in terms of the development of smart cities. Businesses, particularly in the United States, have begun to implement indoor navigation and indoor tracking technologies to improve people and property management across vast facilities.
Asia Pacific, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. Over the last decade, Asia Pacific countries have experienced the most astounding digital transformation projects across organizations and several industrial verticals. The expansion of companies, especially the retail sector, transportation, and telecommunications sectors, has resulted in an income-producing demand for indoor spaces.
The Europe market is expected to register a substantial CAGR growth rate during the forecast period. The indoor location market in Europe is also predicted to rise steadily throughout the forecast period, owing primarily to the advancement of indoor location technologies and the desire for flexibility in services, particularly in Germany and Italy.
List of Key Market Players
- Acuity Brands
- Zebra Technologies
- HID Global
- STANLEY Healthcare
- Polaris Wireless
Key Market Developments
- On April 2023, Kontakt.io and Signify have announced a collaboration to integrate BLE-powered indoor IoT and location services into Signify's connected lighting solutions, allowing healthcare providers to seamlessly and affordably future proof building infrastructure—retrofits and new constructions alike—while also improving the experience for staff and patients. This connectivity will also allow for API input from patient-room sensors, room-level location as-a-service, and mobile interior navigation, addressing a variety of care delivery digitalization situations.
- On February 2023, Radisys® Corporation, a global leader in open telecom solutions, announced the release of Radisys ReachPoint, a smart network-based geolocation platform that enables Mobile Network Operators (MNOs) to provide real-time geolocation service in areas where GPS may not be available, such as inside tall buildings. Enterprises may use geospatial data from cell towers and Wi-Fi nodes to determine the location of each connected device without relying on GPS.
- On February 2023, KINEXON, a pioneering and innovative provider of automation solutions and location services, has been named a Visionary in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Indoor Location Services. The assessment was based on particular criteria that assessed the company's overall vision completeness and ability to execute. KINEXON is making its maiden appearance on the Magic Quadrant.
- On July 2022, Esri, the global pioneer in location intelligence, has introduced ArcGIS IPS. The new solution would allow enterprises to deploy indoor location services to their facilities and campuses. ArcGIS IPS provides real-time indoor location services via Esri's ArcGIS Indoors mobile application and bespoke apps built using ArcGIS Runtime SDKs. Bluetooth beacons, also known as iBeacons, are deployed inside buildings to enable the system. Maintenance personnel can use ArcGIS IPS to quickly identify and navigate to a place within the building where repairs are required.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Indoor Location Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Indoor Location Market, Component Analysis
- Software Tools
- Visualization Tools
- Analytics Tools
- Indoor Tracking
- Asset and People Tracking
- Indoor Location Analytics
- Indoor Navigation
- Database Management
- Indoor Tracking
Indoor Location Market, Technology Analysis
Indoor Location Market, Organization Size Analysis
- Large Enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises
Indoor Location Market, Deployment Mode Analysis
Indoor Location Market, Application Analysis
- Indoor Navigation Maps
- Remote Monitoring
- Tracking & Tracing Application
- Monitoring Emergency Management
Indoor Location Market, Technology Analysis
- Transportation & Logistics
- Oil & Gas
- Information Technology & Media
- Public Utilities
- Public Safety & Security
Indoor Location Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Indoor Location market?The Global Indoor Location Market is expected to grow from USD 8.15 billion in 2022 to USD 52.88 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 20.5% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Apple, Cisco, HPE, Acuity Brands, Zebra Technologies, HID Global, InnerSpace, Syook, Google, and Oriient
3. Which segment dominated the Indoor Location market share?The transportation & logistics segment in end-use type dominated the Indoor Location market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 38.2%.
4. What are the elements driving the growth of the Indoor Location market?The increasing popularity of smartphones, linked devices, and location-based applications among users, a steady rise in the variety of programs powered by beacons and BLE tags, and the inefficiency of GPS in an interior setting are among the main trends driving the growth of the indoor location market.
5. Which region is dominating the Indoor Location market?North America is dominating the Indoor Location market with more than 38.7% market share.
6. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Indoor Location market?The Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) segment based on technology type holds the maximum market share of the Indoor Location market.
Need help to buy this report?