Global High-Level Disinfection Services Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis By Services (In house and Outsource), By Compound (Formaldehyde, Glutaraldehyde, Ortho-phthalaldehyde, Hydrogen peroxide, Peracetic Acid, and Others), By End-User ( Hospitals & Clinics, Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic and Research Institutes, and Others), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global High-Level Disinfection Services Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global High-Level disinfection services market was valued at USD 22.39 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 8% from 2021 to 2030
- The global High-Level disinfection services market is expected to reach USD 44.75 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global High-Level disinfection services market is expected to reach USD 44.75 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 8% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. As the number of surgeries done worldwide goes up and as infectious diseases and hospital-acquired infections (HAIs) become more common, there will be a greater need for services that include high levels of disinfection. Nosocomial infections, also called healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), are more likely to happen in people who are getting long-term care, like surgery. HAIs are most likely to happen to older people, babies, and people whose immune systems are weak.
These services are meant to eliminate all living microorganisms, lipid and nonlipid viruses, mycobacteria, fungal spores, and certain bacterial spores on surfaces. Most of the time, the size of the market for high-level disinfection services is mostly determined by the rules that are now in place in healthcare systems. As laws and standards for human sterility continue to change, so has the market for high-level disinfection services. This is a direct result of how things have changed. In addition to making sure that medical equipment works right, these services aim to make doctors more productive at every stage of the process. Procedures for sterilizing medical equipment might be different depending on how important the equipment is. The most important equipment would need the most thorough cleaning. To work properly, many of these medical devices must be put into sterile tissue or the vascular system, where the blood flows. During the forecast period, one of the main things expected to drive the growth of the market for high-level disinfection services is an increase in HAIs caused by a lack of sanitation and prevention. A study article in the British Medical Journal said about 6,533,000 healthcare-associated infections (HCAIs) among the 13.8 million adult inpatients in NHS hospitals in England during the 2016-2017 school year. About 22,800 of these people died directly because of the virus. Also, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) say that every day, at least one in every 31 hospital patients gets an infection linked to their care. Due to the high number of HAIs, mostly caused by the patient's immune system, infection prevention, and hygiene procedures, and the presence of many infectious agents in the healthcare facility, there has been a rise in the need for infection control services. Strong, high-level disinfectants to sterilize gastrointestinal endoscopes and good hand hygiene with antiseptics and low-level disinfectants are possible ways to prevent infections.
Global High-Level Disinfection Services Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 22.39 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||8%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 44.75 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||139|
|Segments covered:||By Services, By Compound, By End-User, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Altapure, STERIS, Microchem Laboratory, Metrex Research LLC.,Com, Rentokil Initial plc., Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global High-Level disinfection services market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global High-Level disinfection services market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global High-Level disinfection services market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the outsourcedg segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 12.31 billion.
Based on the services, the High-Level disinfection services market is categorized into In house and Outsourced. In 2021, the outsource segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 12.31 billion. During the forecast period, it is expected that the segment will have a significant growth rate. Most hospitals and clinical diagnostic centers hire outside companies to do their disinfecting instead of doing it in-house. Outsourcing has many benefits, such as saving money, getting personalized service, and using the latest technology. Also, as global healthcare practices have changed, hospitals have started hiring outside companies to do things like cleaning and sterilizing. This has opened up new opportunities for the people who make HLD equipment. Outsourced facilities are more common in already well-developed economies, but they are quickly spreading to economies that are still growing. Healthcare facilities in the U.S. and a few countries in Western Europe are outsourcing their Central Sterile Supply Departments (CSSDs) to meet infection control regulations and ensure that high-tech surgical equipment is managed well.
- In 2021, the Glutaraldehyde segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 30% and market revenue of 6.71 billion.
Based on the compound, the High-Level disinfection services market is categorized into Formaldehyde, Glutaraldehyde, Ortho-phthalaldehyde, Hydrogen peroxide, Peracetic Acid, and Others. In 2021, Glutaraldehyde dominated the market with the largest market share of 30% and market revenue of 6.71 billion. During the forecast period, the segment is expected to grow significantly. Aldehyde disinfectants are often used during endoscopic procedures and when surgical tools need to be cleaned again. Glutaraldehyde has been used in hospitals for a long time and largely as an HLD for reusable surgical equipment. It is expected that the number of surgeries done worldwide will rise, increasing the need for these services. Also, hospital-acquired infections caused by too much reprocessing of surgical units are expected to increase demand for these solutions. This will help the segment grow profitably over the next few years.
- In 2021, the Hospitals & Clinics segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 44% and market revenue of 9.85 billion.
Based on the end-user, the High-Level disinfection services market is categorized into Hospitals & Clinics, Diagnostic Laboratories, Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies, Academic and Research Institutes, and Others. In 2021, Hospitals & Clinics dominated the market with the largest market share of 44% and market revenue of 9.85 billion. During the forecast period, it is expected that the segment will have a significant growth rate. As the number of hospital patients who get infections keeps increasing, HLD will be needed more and more in hospitals and other healthcare settings. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals in several countries started using high-level disinfection services more often as part of a coordinated plan to fight the disease.
Regional Segment Analysis of the High-Level Disinfection Services Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global High-Level disinfection services market, with a market share of around 39% and 22.39 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global High-Level disinfection services market, with a market share of around 39% and 22.39 billion of the market revenue. Because of the COVID-19 epidemic in North America, which has increased the need for surface disinfectants by a lot, North America is expected to lead the market for high-level disinfectant services. In March 2020, the United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) released an updated list of disinfectant services registered with the EPA and approved for use against SARS-CoV-2. In addition to the 40 new services added, this list also had about 200 more services.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. The increased instances of infection-transmitted illnesses, such as COVID-19, dramatically in India, are surging the need for surface disinfectants. According to information released by the Word Health Organization, as of July 29, 2022, India reported a record of 44 million COVID-19 cases, amounting to about 5,26,000 fatalities. In addition, a sizeable rise in the elderly population, which is more vulnerable to infections acquired in hospitals, is anticipated to be a driving force behind the expansion of the regional market. The UNFPA indicates that the population of persons aged 60 and over in Asia and the Pacific will more than treble by the year 2050, reaching a total of 1.3 billion. Additionally, an increase in the prevalence of chronic illnesses, an increase in the number of surgical procedures, an increase in the frequency of surgical site infections, and HAIs will all contribute to an increase in the need for HLD services, which will lead to a rise in the regional market.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global High-Level disinfection services market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Microchem Laboratory
- Metrex Research LLC.
- Rentokil Initial plc.
- Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP)
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In July 2020, OneSource and Pfiedler Education, a division of the Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN Inc.), are working together to give sterile processing specialist Rose Seavey's webinar course. The training focused on how to pass accreditation tests quickly and teach medical professionals new things about high-level disinfection, sterilization, implant maintenance, and tissue management.
- In June 2019, CS Medical made TEEClean, a machine that cleans and disinfects TEE probes, available for sale. TEEClean uses TEEZyme, an enzymatic solution pumped into the cleaning and disinfecting reservoir after a dirty TEE probe has been put correctly. Used at a high level in the process of disinfection
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global High-Level disinfection services market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global High-Level Disinfection Services Market, By Services
- In House
Global High-Level Disinfection Services Market, By Compound
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Peracetic Acid
Global High-Level Disinfection Services Market, By End-User
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Pharmaceutical & Biotechnology Companies
- Academic and Research Institutes
Global High-Level Disinfection Services Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the High-Level Disinfection Services market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the High-Level Disinfection Services market was valued at USD 22.39 billion in 2021 to USD 44.75 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the High-Level Disinfection Services market?The High-Level Disinfection Services market is growing at a CAGR of 8% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the High-Level Disinfection Services market?North America emerged as the largest market for High-Level Disinfection Services.
Who are the key players in the High-Level Disinfection Services market?Key players in the High-Level Disinfection Services market are Altapure, STERIS, Microchem Laboratory, Metrex Research LLC., Com, Rentokil Initial plc., and Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP).
Which factor drives the growth of the High-Level Disinfection Services market?Lack of sanitation is driving the market is expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?