Global Heparin Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global heparin market was valued at USD 6,540 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global heparin market is expected to reach USD 11,507 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global heparin market is expected to reach USD 11,507 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. In some individuals, blood clot formation is common during medical procedures such as surgery. Heparin is an anticoagulant drug that is used for the prevention of blood clot formation. The major reason behind the rising heparin market is increased cases of blood clots. This is due to increased chronic diseases, such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer, and others.
Acute coronary syndrome, atrial fibrillation, cardiopulmonary bypass, and hemofiltration are some illnesses in which heparin is used. Cardiovascular diseases and venous thrombosis are working as the driving force for the global heparin market. Additionally, the increasing number of patients undergoing orthopedic and heart surgeries is increasing the use of heparin. However, the market's growth is restrained by a variety of heparin-related side effects, such as thrombocytopenia brought on by heparin. Additionally, the fact that heparin is made from animal sources creates serious safety and availability issues, further limiting the market growth. Anticoagulants' high demand is expected to grow the market as a whole. Rising health care costs and government-sponsored programs are some of the main driver's fuel market expansion. Non-communicable diseases like coronary artery disease (CAD), hypertension, and diabetes are more common due to inactivity, excessive drinking and smoking, poor eating habits, and changing lifestyles. Although recent growth has been seen in nations with a moderate socio-demographic index, the load is highest in those with high socio-demographic indices. As a result, it is estimated that heparin demand would rise, which will fuel market expansion throughout the study's forecast period. The aged population (more than 65 years old ) is also a major factor in the increase in the growth of heparin. With an aging population and the potential risks associated with lengthy hospital stays, operations, and trauma, the heparin market is anticipated to rise significantly.
This research report categorizes the market for the global heparin market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global heparin market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global heparin market sub-segments.
Global Heparin Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 6,540 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||6.5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 11,507 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||190|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||181|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Source, By Application, By Route of Administration, By End-user, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||B Braun Melsungen AG, Pfizer Inc., Opocrin SpA, Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, Baxter International, Leo Pharma AS, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Sanofi, Aspen Holdings, B. Braun Medical, Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA, Sandoz|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH) segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and market revenue of 2,616 billion.
Based on type, the heparin market is categorized into Unfractionated Heparin, Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH), and Ultra-Low Molecular Weight Heparin (ULMWH). In 2021, the Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH) segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and revenue of 2,616 billion. The growth of this market is anticipated to be fueled by several benefits of low molecular weight heparin over unfractionated heparin. Additionally, as government healthcare regulatory agencies become increasingly concerned with creating and offering effective low molecular weight heparin molecule solutions, the heparin industry is expected to expand.
- In 2021, the Coronary Artery Disease segment accounted for the largest market share, with 32% and a revenue of 2,092.8 billion.
Based on application, the heparin market is categorized into Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), Atrial Fibrillation And Heart Attack, Coronary Artery Disease, and Other Applications. In 2021, coronary artery disease dominated the market with the largest market share of 32% and market revenue of 2,092.8 billion. The greatest percentage will belong to coronary artery disease. Heparin is a good option for bedridden patients with limited mobility after surgery since they are at a high risk of developing blood clots.
- In 2021, the Porcine segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 3,597 billion.
Based on the source, the heparin market is categorized as Bovine and Porcine. In 2021, the porcine segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 55% and market revenue of 3,597 billion. The porcine category dominated the market. Because it is widely used in manufacturing heparin, particularly low molecular weight heparins like enoxaparin, the market is anticipated to continue to dominate during the forecast period.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Heparin Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global heparin market, with a market share of around 37% and 6,540 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global heparin market, with a market share of around 37% and 6,540 billion of the market revenue. This is because of the increase in cardiovascular diseases and accidents. Additional variables contributing to the region's high proportion include rising healthcare spending and rising patient awareness in this area. According to the CDC, heart disease will account for 659,000 annual deaths in the United States, or 1 in every 4 fatalities, making it one of the leading causes of death in the nation by 2022.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030. The market is anticipated to grow at the fastest rate in the Asia Pacific over the forecast period. Some of the main drivers of the expansion are the increasing elderly population, a huge proportion of the population with chronic diseases, and a rising economy. Additionally, the Asia Pacific is the region that supplies the most API and crude heparin. This benefits regional businesses like Pharmax Lifesciences.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global heparin market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- B Braun Melsungen AG
- Pfizer Inc.
- Opocrin SpA
- Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited
- Baxter International
- Leo Pharma AS
- Dr. Reddy's Laboratories
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Aspen Holdings
- B. Braun Medical
- Fresenius SE & Co. KGaA
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In April 2022, Intermedt Medizin & Technik GmbH was bought by B. Braun Holding GmbH & Co. KG.
- In May 2022, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories Ltd announced the introduction of Methylprednisolone Sodium Succinate for Injection USP to the US market.
- In April 2021, Fresenius Kabi announced two new presentations of Heparin Sodium in convenient, ready-to-administer Freeflex IV bags in the U.S.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global heparin market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Heparin Market, By Type
- Unfractionated Heparin
- Low Molecular Weight Heparin (LMWH)
- Ultra-Low Molecular Weight Heparin (ULMWH)
Global Heparin Market, By Source
Global Heparin Market, By Application
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Atrial Fibrillation And Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Other Applications
Global Heparin Market, By Route of Administration
Global Heparin Market, By End-use
Global Heparin Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Heparin market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Heparin market was valued at USD 6,540 billion in 2021 to USD 11,507 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Heparin market?The Heparin market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Heparin market?North America emerged as the largest market for Heparin.
Who are the key players in the Heparin market?Key players in the Heparin market are B Braun Melsungen AG, Pfizer Inc., Opocrin SpA, Aspen Pharmacare Holdings Limited, Baxter International, Leo Pharma AS, and Dr. Reddy's Laboratories.
Which factor drives the growth of the Heparin market?The growing Geriatric Population drives the market's growth.
Need help to buy this report?