Global Graphene Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Graphene market was valued at USD 87.0 million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 30% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Graphene market is expected to reach USD 628.0 million by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Graphene Market is expected to reach USD 628.0 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 30% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The Graphene market has been growing owing to the increasing applications of graphene. Furthermore, the increasing concern for healthcare facilities and stringent regulatory and sustainability mandates propel the market’s growth. However, the high expenses associated with product production limit the market expansion for graphene.
Graphene is one atom thick and is the thinnest material, which is strong and durable, measured to be around 200 times stronger than steel. Additionally, graphene exhibits remarkable light absorption properties and is a powerful heat and electrical conductor. Graphene can be mixed with other components, including gases and metals, to create new materials with various superior qualities. Its different properties and probable usage include batteries, energy generation, transistors, supercapacitors, DNA sequencing, computer chips, water filters, touchscreens, solar cells, antennas, Spintronics-related products, and more. The graphene sector is still in its early stages of growth, and less work is being done regarding standards and regulations. Due to this reason, there is fake graphene on the market, making it hard to distinguish at the product stage. As a result, there are increasingly more instances of suppliers producing graphene of inferior quality, which impedes consumer confidence. A few institutions are creating procedures for evaluating the quality of graphene. For instance, scientists at the National University of Singapore (NUS) have created an organized and trustworthy procedure for determining graphene's quality on a global scale. Guidelines for matrix properties and measuring methods for graphene and related 2-D materials are provided in standard ISO/TR 19733:2019, which was issued in 2019 by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). Since Andre Geim and Konstantin Novoselov, who first discovered graphene in 2004, were awarded the 2010 Nobel prize in physics, there has been a lot of interest in graphene. Graphene has also made its way into the consumer electronics sector. For example, Ford is a well-known firm that uses graphene; it uses graphene-reinforced foam coverings for noisy parts in its 2019 F-150 and Mustang vehicles. Ford claims that the pieces produced by mixing graphene with foam components are 17% quieter, 20% stronger, and 30% more heat resistant. The demand for graphene-based composites is expected to increase due to the increasing demand for low-density, durable, and high-strength materials for use in aircraft bodies. Batteries can be replaced with supercapacitors because of their higher power densities. They can also function at very low temperatures. The development of electric supercars may benefit from the enhanced short-burst energy delivery capabilities displayed by graphene-based supercapacitors. As a result, it is projected that product demand will increase exponentially. High expenses associated with product production limit market expansion.
Global Graphene Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 87.0 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||30%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 628.0 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||118|
|Segments covered:||By Product Type, By Application, by Region|
|Companies Covered:||Angstron Materials, Inc, BGT Materials Ltd., Graphene Manufacturing Group Ltd., CVD Equipment Corp., Graphene Industries plc, Directa Plus SpA, ACS Material, LLC, Graphenea, Graphene NanoChem, G6 Materials Corp., Grafoid Inc., Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd., 2D Carbon Graphene Material Co., Ltd., Applied Graphene Materials (AGM),|
|Growth Drivers:||The Graphene Nano Platelets Graphene Oxide segment dominated the market|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for graphene-based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the graphene market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the graphene market.
- In 2021, the Graphene Nano Platelets Graphene Oxide segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39.6% and market revenue of 34.4 billion.
Based on the product type, the graphene market is categorized into few-layer graphene, graphene nanoplatelets, graphene oxide, and mono-layer and bi-layer graphene. In 2021, the Graphene Nano Platelets Graphene Oxide segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39.6% and market revenue of 34.4 billion. The Graphene Nano Platelets Graphene Oxide segment is expected to grow at a significant CAGR owing to its huge demand in telecommunications, medical aerospace, and energy storage and generation sectors. Graphene oxide is also a vital component of transparent conductive films used in various supercapacitors, flexible electronics, tablets, optoelectronic devices, and medical equipment. Demand is significantly increased by superior product characteristics such as high heat and permeability, power, flexibility, and electrical conductivity.
- In 2021, the composites segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 13.6% and a market revenue of 11.8 billion.
Based on application, the graphene market is categorized into composites, polymer additives, sensors, research and development, tire, coatings, energy storage, functional ink, RFID, and others. In 2021, the composites segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 13.6% and a market revenue of 11.8 billion. The composites segment is expected to account for the largest revenue in the market as they have the ability to boost power and weight. These are employed in several industries, such as manufacturing, aerospace, and automotive. Manufacturers may create strong, lightweight materials with great electrical conductivity and heat resistance by incorporating a small quantity of graphene into materials like plastics, metals, and ceramics. The substance is also employed in the production and storage of energy. Multinational corporations and research institutions were significant sources of market supply. They conducted in-depth R&D to test the product and determine the scope of its application.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Graphene Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global Graphene market, with a market share of around 43.1% and 37.49 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- North America emerged as the largest market for the global Graphene market, with a market share of around 43.1% and 37.49 million of the market revenue in 2021. The market for graphene in the North American region has been growing use in high composites, which are widely employed in the aerospace, automotive, and defense industries to produce lightweight automobiles and aircraft components, respectively, without sacrificing safety. Also, it is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to quickly changing consumer expectations, the region's high purchasing power, and high investments in the region's advanced electronics sector.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030. The market is expanding due to rising R&D activity in the area and rising demand from the region's electronics and automotive end-use industries. Asia-Pacific consists of developed and emerging economies; thus, the potential to grow in the region is high.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Graphene market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Angstron Materials, Inc.
- BGT Materials Ltd.
- Graphene Manufacturing Group Ltd.
- CVD Equipment Corp.
- Graphene Industries plc
- Directa Plus SpA
- ACS Material, LLC
- Graphene NanoChem
- NanoXplore Inc.
- G6 Materials Corp.
- Grafoid Inc.
- Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd.
- 2D Carbon Graphene Material Co., Ltd.
- Applied Graphene Materials (AGM)
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In August 2022, Graphene Manufacturing Group announced that they had signed a legal agreement with OzKem Pty Ltd, where GMG will buy the brand rights of OzKem's THERMAL-XR® coating products.
- In August 2022, NanoXplore announced that they acquired assets of XG Sciences. As per agreement, NanoXplore is buying XG's research development facility, milling platform, and patents and trademarks.
Graphene Market, By Product Type
- Few-Layer Graphene
- Graphene Nano Platelets Graphene Oxide
- Mono-layer and Bi-layer Graphene
Graphene Market, By Application
- Polymer Additives
- Research and Development
- Energy storage
- Functional Ink
Graphene Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the global Graphene market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Graphene market was valued at USD 87.0 Million in 2021 to USD 628.0 Million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the global Graphene market?The global Graphene market is growing at a CAGR of 30% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
Which region dominates the global Graphene market?North America emerged as the largest market for Graphene.
What is the significant driving factor for the Graphene market?The rising electronics demand for mobile phones and tablets from the electronic industry will influence the market's growth.
Which factor is limiting the growth of the Graphene market?The toxic nature of graphene could hamper the market growth.
What is an opportunity for the Graphene market?Development in the electronic industry will provide considerable opportunities to the market.
Who are the key players in the global Graphene market?Key players of the Graphene market are Angstron Materials, Inc., Graphenea, NanoXplore, Inc., BGT Materials Ltd., XGSciences, 2D Carbon Graphene Material Co., Ltd., Thomas Swan & Co. Ltd., Applied Graphene Materials (AGM), Haydale Graphene Industries plc, Graphene NanoChem, and others.
Need help to buy this report?