Global Glass Packaging Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global glass packaging market was valued at USD 52 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global glass packaging market is expected to reach USD 80 billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global glass packaging market is expected to reach USD 80 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The glass packaging market has grown due to the abundance of small and medium-sized businesses. In addition, future growth potential is anticipated as a result of continued product innovation and technological developments that make glass bottles lighter and need less energy to produce and transport.
Global Glass Packaging Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 52 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 80 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||122|
|Segments covered:||By Raw Material, By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Saint-Gobain, Owens-Illinois, Inc., Amcor plc, Ardagh Group S.A., HEINZ-GLAS GmbH & Co. KgaA, Bormioli Rocco S.p.A, Consol, Gerresheimer AG, Hindusthan National Glass & Industries Limited, Koa Glass Co. Ltd., Nihon Yamamura Glass Co. Ltd., Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd, Piramal Enterprises Ltd., Rockwood & Hines Glass Group, and Shanghai Vista Packaging Co. Ltd.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the market|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global glass packaging based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global glass packaging market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global glass packaging market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the soda lime segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39% and market revenue of 20.28 billion.
Based on the raw material, the global glass packaging market is categorized into Cullet, Soda Lime, Selenium, Cobalt Oxide, Limestone, Dolomite, Coloring Material, and Others. In 2021, the soda lime segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39% and market revenue of 20.28 billion. It demonstrates mediocre hydrolytic and chemical resistance. Glass can be reformed and remelted numerous times, making it affordable and perfect for recycling. It is highly malleable and can be repeatedly softened during the fabrication process.
- In 2021, the alcoholic beverages segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 30% and a market revenue of 15.6 billion.
Based on the application, the glass packaging market is categorized into Alcoholic Beverages, Non-Alcoholic Beverages, Food, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, Beauty Products, and Others. In 2021, the alcoholic beverages segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 30% and market revenue of 15.6 billion. Over the coming years, increasing alcohol consumption will push the market share for glass packaging. In the forecast period, demand for glass packaging of alcoholic beverages includes the expanding availability of bottles in various sizes in the retail market and innovation in design & chemical composition that results in reduced weight of glass bottles. Alcohol consumption will be positively impacted by rising spending tendencies, the influence of western lifestyles, and easy availability.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Glass Packaging Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global glass packaging market, with a market share of around 36.9% and 52 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global glass packaging market, with a market share of around 36.9% and 52 billion of the market revenue. Due to the increasing usage of glass in numerous end-use sectors, such as food and beverage, pharmaceuticals, and alcoholic drinks in China and India, the regional market is predicted to expand. Additionally, the abundance of raw resources, notably silica, is anticipated to fuel industry expansion. Due to their large populations of consumers, China and India have a disproportionate market share for glass packaging in the Asia Pacific region. The increase in the demand for beverages and the growth of the urban population is credited with the industry's expansion in this region. China is a significant user of glass packaging goods worldwide.
- The North America market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, Because glass packaging provides good chemical & entrance resistance against air and moisture, it is commonly employed in the pharmaceutical business. In addition, applying heat to them is a simple way to sanitize them. By the conclusion of the forecast period, increased government funding and high R&D expenditures will benefit the pharmaceutical industry, which would boost the glass packaging market's revenue.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global glass packaging market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Owens-Illinois, Inc.
- Amcor plc
- Ardagh Group S.A.
- HEINZ-GLAS GmbH & Co. KgaA
- Bormioli Rocco S.p.A
- Gerresheimer AG
- Hindusthan National Glass & Industries Limited
- Koa Glass Co. Ltd.
- Nihon Yamamura Glass Co. Ltd.
- Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd
- Piramal Enterprises Ltd.
- Rockwood & Hines Glass Group
- Shanghai Vista Packaging Co. Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In January 2022, Gerresheimer revealed that it was increasing its glass vial production capacity at the Wertheim site as well as two other locations in the US and China. To enhance vial capacity by 150 million per year, the business is investing in production in Wertheim.
- In January 2022, Berlin Packaging, one of the biggest suppliers of hybrid packaging in the world, completed the purchase of the Le Parfait company and its brands from O-I France SAS.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global glass packaging market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Glass Packaging Market, By Raw Materials
- Soda Lime
- Cobalt Oxide
- Coloring Material
Global Glass Packaging Market, By Application
- Alcoholic Beverage
- Non-Alcoholic Beverage
- Personal Care
- Beauty Products
Global Glass Packaging Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Glass Packaging market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Glass Packaging market was valued at USD 52 billion in 2021 to USD 80 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Glass Packaging market?The Glass Packaging market is growing at a CAGR of 5% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Glass Packaging market?Asia- Pacific emerged as the largest market for Glass Packaging.
Who are the key players in the Glass Packaging market?Key players in the Glass Packaging market are Saint-Gobain, Owens-Illinois, Inc., Amcor plc, Ardagh Group S.A., HEINZ-GLAS GmbH & Co. KgaA, Bormioli Rocco S.p.A, Consol, Gerresheimer AG, Hindusthan National Glass & Industries Limited, Koa Glass Co. Ltd., Nihon Yamamura Glass Co. Ltd., Orora Packaging Australia Pty Ltd, Piramal Enterprises Ltd., Rockwood & Hines Glass Group, and Shanghai Vista Packaging Co. Ltd.
Which factor drives the growth of the Glass Packaging market?Environmental benefits are expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?