Global Fumed Silica Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Type (Hydrophilic Fumed Silica and Hydrophobic Fumed Silica), By Application (Silicone Rubber, Plastics and Composites, Food and Beverages, Paints and Coatings, Adhesives and Sealants, Pharmaceutical, Personal Care, Chemicals and Fertilizers, and Other Applications), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Advanced Materials
Global Fumed Silica Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Fumed Silica Market Size was valued at USD 1,603 Million in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2030
- The Global Fumed Silica Market Size is expected to reach USD 2,708 Million by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
- The Worldwide Fumed Silica Market Statistics was estimated at over 250 kilotons in 2020.
Get more details on this report -
The Worldwide Fumed Silica Market Size is expected to reach USD 2,708 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The fumed silica market has grown because it is extremely adaptable and can be used in both consumer and industrial goods.
Fumed silica is a type of silica that contains minute droplets of amorphous silica. It is frequently used as a thickening and anti-caking agent in powders worldwide. It is also known as pyrogenic silica in many different industries, including coatings, paints, adhesives, sealants, cosmetics, plastics, and unsaturated polyester resins. The paint and coating industries also utilize fumed silica as an anti-settling agent. The increased R&D activities on novel products made from fumed silica have significantly impacted market growth. Following this, the cost-effectiveness of fumed silica compared to precipitated silica is also essential in encouraging the market's expansion throughout the forecast period.
Additionally, the rapid transition to bio-based products brought on by environmental concerns, the rising demand for cosmetics and personal care items, positive trends in the building and construction industry, changes in government regulations, and upcoming initiatives for water and wastewater treatment are all contributing to the market growth for fumed silica. In addition, the growing demand for better pharmaceutical production methods is the primary driver of the market's expansion. The distinctive feature of fumed silica is that it is composed of tiny amorphous silica droplets.
They are well-regarded in adhesives, toners, cosmetics, sealants, inks, deformers, and other items. This explains both the demand for and the growth potential of the linked products in the fumed silica market.
Global Fumed Silica Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 1,603 Million|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||6%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 2,708 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||215|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||114|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application|
|Companies Covered:||Dongyue Group, Kemitura Group, Cabot Corporation, OCI Company Ltd., Evonik Industries AG, Tokuyama Corporation, Orisl, China-Henan Huamei Chemical Co. Ltd., Wacker Chemie AG, Henan Xunyu Chemical Co. Ltd., Cabot Sanmar Limited, and Hubei Xingrui Silicon Materials Co. Ltd.|
|Growth Drivers:||Increasing need to improve pharmaceutical production processes is expected to drive the markets growth over the forecast period.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global fumed silica based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global fumed silica market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global fumed silica market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the hydrophilic fumed silica segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 59% and market revenue of 945.7 billion.
Based on the type, the global fumed silica market is categorized into Hydrophilic Fumed Silica and Hydrophobic Fumed Silica. In 2021, the hydrophilic fumed silica segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 59% and market revenue of 945.7 billion. It can be fully soaked and distributed in water and is made by hydrolyzing volatile chlorosilanes in an oxyhydrogen flame. At high temperatures, this silica exhibits exceptional insulating qualities. The use of hydrophilic fumed silica in non-polar resin systems is appropriate. It is used in non-polar solvents including xylene, mineral spirits, and styrene to thicken and reinforce silicone as well as act as a glidant for food and industrial powders.
- In 2021, the pharmaceuticals segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 29% and a market revenue of 464.8 billion.
Based on the application, the ceramic ink market is categorized into Silicone Rubber, Plastics and Composites, Food and Beverages, Paints and Coatings, Adhesives and Sealants, Pharmaceuticals, Personal Care, Chemicals and Fertilizers, and Other Applications. In 2021, the pharmaceuticals segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 29% and market revenue of 464.8 billion. The ingredient is utilized to provide the required qualities to a variety of medication, capsule, and tablet formulations as well as hair care, skin care, and oral care products. The market for fumed silica will experience rapid expansion over the next few years as a result of the growing population and rising spending on healthcare and cosmetics. It helps to increase the hardness of tablets and enhances the flow characteristics of the raw materials needed to make tablets and capsules. The fumed silica market will rise due to positive trends in the pharmaceutical industry.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Fumed Silica Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global fumed silica market, with a market share of around 33.9% and 1,603 billion of market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global fumed silica market, The rising demand for the commodity from several growing economies, including China, India, and Japan, is credited with driving growth. The expanding pharmaceuticals, beauty, and personal care industries as well as the construction industry will also play a significant role in driving the value of the regional fumed silica market in the near future. Due to significant upcoming infrastructure development projects, the China construction sector is anticipated to experience consistent growth. In India, Indonesia, and Thailand, it is projected that the building industry would expand quickly during the forecast period.
- The North America market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, with rising interest in cosmetics and personal care items. In addition, due to rising disposable incomes and shifting consumer preferences for cosmetics, the region exhibits significant growth potential for the beauty industry. Additionally, as domestic beauty brands become more well-known, major market players are facing fierce competition. Such circumstances will promote product development and differentiation, increasing production output.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global fumed silica market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Dongyue Group
- Kemitura Group
- Cabot Corporation
- OCI Company Ltd.
- Evonik Industries AG
- Tokuyama Corporation
- China-Henan Huamei Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Henan Xunyu Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Cabot Sanmar Limited
- Hubei Xingrui Silicon Materials Co. Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In August 2019, The capacity of Evonik Industries AG's factory in Antwerp, Belgium, to produce more fumed silica for use in modern adhesive systems, transparent silicones, non-flammable insulation materials, coatings, and paints, was disclosed.
- In August 2018, Evonik Industries AG and Wynca decided to launch a joint venture in which Evonik will own 60% of the new business and produce fumed silica that will be sold under the brand AEROSIL.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global fumed silica market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Fumed Silica Market, By Type
- Hydrophilic Fumed Silica
- Hydrophobic Fumed Silica
Global Fumed Silica Market, By Application
- Silicone Rubber
- Plastics and Composites
- Food and Beverages
- Paints and Coatings
- Adhesives and Sealants
- Personal Care
- Chemicals and Fertilizers
- Other Applications
Global Fumed Silica Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Fumed silica market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Fumed silica market was valued at USD 1,603 billion in 2022 to USD 2,708 billion by 2030
What is the market growth rate of the Fumed silica market?The Fumed silica market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Fumed silica market?Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for Fumed silica.
Who are the key players in the Fumed silica market?Key players in the Fumed silica market are Dongyue Group, Kemitura Group, Cabot Corporation, OCI Company Ltd., Evonik Industries AG, Tokuyama Corporation, Orisl, China-Henan Huamei Chemical Co. Ltd., Wacker Chemie AG, Henan Xunyu Chemical Co. Ltd., Cabot Sanmar Limited, and Hubei Xingrui Silicon Materials Co. Ltd.
Which factor drives the growth of the Fumed silica market?Increasing need to improve pharmaceutical production processes is expected to drive the markets growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?