Global Flame Detector Market Size Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Flame Detector Market Size was valued at USD 2.37 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 7.3% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Flame Detector Market is expected to reach USD 4.8 Billion by 2032
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Flame Detector Market Size is expected to reach USD 4.8 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.3% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
A flame detector is a type of sensor that detects and responds to an indication of a flame or fire, making flame detection possible. These detectors are capable of detecting flammable liquid and smoke that can cause an open fire. These electrical devices can detect fire based on the temperature and motion of the air. Flame detectors detect flames using Ultraviolet (UV) or Infrared (IR) technology, which means they can alert to flames in a fraction of a second. Depending on its installation, the flame detector usually reacts upon the detection of a flame by sounding an alarm, deactivating the fuel line, or even activating the firefighting system. The detector is the most important part of a flame detector system. Photoelectric detective circuits, signal conditioning circuits, microprocessor systems, I/O circuits, and wind cooling systems are integral components of flame detectors. With the ability to regulate warning systems or automatic fire extinguishing systems via direct connection, the demand for autonomous standalone devices such as flame detectors has increased dramatically, particularly in hazardous environments. Furthermore, increased severe fire and explosion events in oil and gas, chemical plants, and other industries due to aging infrastructure and human irresponsibility are likely to drive flame detector market expansion.
Global Flame Detector Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 2.37 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:||7.3%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 4.8 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2018-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||120|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Connectivity, By Region and COVID-19 Impact Analysis..|
|Companies Covered:||Emerson Electric, Robert Bosch, Draeger, Teledyne Technologies, Nohmi Bosai, Johnson Controls, MSA, Honeywell, Halma, Hochiki, Carrier Global, General Monitors, Inc., Tyco International Limited, Siemens AG, Spectrex, Inc., Det-Tronics and other key vendors.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
The expanding adoption of technology in major industries, rigid laws and standards for fire prevention, and increased human and property loss due to abrupt fires in processing and manufacturing plants and other industries are among the primary factors driving flame detectors market growth over the forecast period. The continuous rise in the development of smart flame detection systems is likely to be considered as one of the major elements influencing its market growth in the foreseeable future. Manufacturers have been focused heavily on increasing fire detection capabilities through the use of smart sensing technologies as a result of technical improvements, eventually complying with the criteria of enhanced fire protection. Incorporating advanced sensors in flame detectors aids in precise detection while also providing benefits such as superior false alarm defenses, high sensitivity, rapid flame reaction, less consumption of electricity, and numerous other advantages, making it one of the main drivers driving its acceptance across a wide range of industry segments.
Regulations issued by governments assuring employee safety in hazardous conditions are an essential driving element leading the flame detectors market worldwide. Furthermore, another driver supporting the growth of the worldwide flame detection system market is the rising adoption of flame detectors across industries, organizations, and individuals. Chemicals or petrochemicals, oil and gas, mining, and other industries present working environments that entail the usage of hazardous and volatile materials that can ignite at high temperatures, lowering workplace safety requirements. Since the prevalence of fire explosion events has increased dramatically in highly important environments in these industries, the demand to improve industrial work safety issues has grown significantly over the years.
By Product Insights
The single UV segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of product, the global flame detector market is segmented into the single IR, single UV, dual IR or UV, multi IR, and others. Among these, the single UV segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 38.6% over the forecast period. This is owing to the increasing need for this detector from the oil and gas, energy, and power industries. Because all fires emit UV radiation, these are the ideal all-around flame detectors. UV flame detectors are also less expensive than contemporary dual UV/IR or triple IR flame detectors. Furthermore, the availability of single UV flame detectors is greater than that of other modern flame detectors, and they are easily accessible to consumers.
By Connectivity Insights
The wireless segment is expected to hold the largest share of the global flame detector market during the forecast period.
Based on the connectivity, the global flame detector market is classified into wired and wireless. Among these, the wireless segment is expected to hold the largest share of the flame detector market during the forecast period, because of their dependability and widespread acceptance, wireless technologies are gaining popularity. Wireless flame detectors use wireless communication protocols to interact with the control system without the use of physical cords. Wireless systems provide installation flexibility, particularly in places where installing cables is difficult or impracticable. Many wireless detectors provide autonomous control and monitoring capabilities, making it easier to operate systems across larger facilities or numerous locations. Wireless detectors frequently depend on batteries, which must be checked and replaced on a regular basis, despite the fact that many modern devices have extended battery life expectancy and minimal power consumption. As a result of the benefits it provides in terms of versatility, scalability, and compatibility with contemporary smart industrial procedures, the wireless segment has been growing rapidly.
By End-Users Insights
The oil & gas segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 36.5% over the forecast period.
On the basis of end-uses, the global flame detector market is segmented into oil & gas, energy & power, chemicals, aerospace & defense, logistics, mining, automotive, pharmaceuticals, marine, and others. Among these, the oil & gas segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 36.5% over the forecast period, because of widespread usage in each of the three categories (upstream, midstream, and downstream). Flame detectors can be fitted to comply with the safety standards of these facilities, providing immediate and dependable fire detection in these extreme settings. These flame detectors can operate effectively under harsh environments, being unaffected by changing climates and providing a consistently high level of performance. Furthermore, tanks used to store chemical compounds lead to flame ignition while offering highly hazardous dangers even during loading or unloading, necessitating the deployment of flame detection systems by oil and gas businesses to maximize work safety requirements. Factors such as increased fire mortality rates, expansion of oil and gas infrastructures, and other factors are likely to be contemplated key contributors to the demand for flame detectors.
North America dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
North America is dominating the market with more than 38.7% market share over the forecast period. The growing use of flame detectors in numerous industries, firm government restrictions, and rapid infrastructural development in the region is likely to fuel further development. North America is at the cutting edge of technical innovation, which has resulted in the creation and deployment of improved flame detection systems. With a large infrastructure and a number of essential industries, there is an ongoing concentration on safety, which drives the demand for modern flame detection technologies.
Asia Pacific, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. The increase in construction endeavors, the development of chemical plant facilities, and the growing demand for oil and gas refineries to fulfill massive production requirements are some of the key factors estimated that will fuel the region's flame detectors market growth throughout the projection period. Additionally, significant investments in wireless technologies for applications related to flame detection have been steadily increasing, and strict governmental regulations requiring the deployment of fire detection systems, particularly in hazardous industrial environments, are projected to contribute to the development of the market. Furthermore, as industries grow, there is a greater emphasis on safety rules and standards, which leads to an increase in the market use of flame detectors in the region.
The Europe market is expected to register a substantial CAGR growth rate during the forecast period. Europe has strict safety and environmental requirements, mandating the extensive use of flame detectors in every type of industry. In addition, industries in Europe such as chemicals, automotive, energy, and manufacturing emphasize the need for flame detection systems for safety and compliance.
List of Key Market Players
- Emerson Electric
- Robert Bosch
- Teledyne Technologies
- Nohmi Bosai
- Johnson Controls
- Carrier Global
- General Monitors, Inc.
- Tyco International Limited
- Siemens AG
- Spectrex, Inc.
Key Market Developments
- On July 2023, Teledyne Gas and Flame Detection have unveiled the SpyglassTM SG50-F line of flame detectors, which represent a significant improvement in the field of fire safety by providing greater performance, dependability, and ease of use. Teledyne's SpyglassTM line products are tough and long-lasting. The 316L stainless steel housing satisfies the IP66/IP68 and NEMA 250 6P protection grade standards. The SpyglassTM SG50-F series, which includes configuration and video display software, provides a wide range of output options for smooth detector communication, including 4-20mA, Modbus, HART, and relays.
- On January 2023, Siemens has unveiled two new aspirating smoke detectors (ASD), FDA261 and FDA262, to address extremely difficult fire safety installations that span huge areas, such as major data centers, e-commerce warehouses, or industrial manufacturing facilities. ASD+ provides superior detection performance as well as optimal resilience to false alarms. The detecting optical hardware has been designed for rugged and dusty conditions, in addition to meeting high detection sensitivity standards.
- On March 2022, Viking Integrated Safety, a Viking SupplyNet business, established a strategic alliance with The Protectowire Company, the leading designer of linear heat detection systems, to offer Viking VSF Visual Flame Detectors. The collaboration brings together the efforts of two prominent life safety companies to meet the demands of a rising flame detector industry.
- In June 2021, Spectrex introduced the SharpEye 40/40D and C series flame detectors, which offer superior protection against hydrocarbon-based fuel and gas fires, hydroxyl and hydrogen fires, as well as metal and inorganic fires. The detectors provide early warning of flames from large distances at record speed and with excellent immunity to false alarms. The detectors incorporate improved QuadSenseTM technology.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Flame Detector Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Flame Detector Market, Product Analysis
- Single IR
- Single UV
- Dual IR or UV
- Multi IR
Flame Detector Market, Connectivity Analysis
Flame Detector Market, End-Users Analysis
- Oil & Gas
- Energy & Power
- Aerospace & Defense
Flame Detector Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Flame Detector market?The Global Flame Detector Market is expected to grow from USD 20.13 billion in 2022 to USD 76.39 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 14.27% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Emerson Electric, Robert Bosch, Draeger, Teledyne Technologies, Nohmi Bosai, Johnson Controls, MSA, Honeywell, Halma, Hochiki, Carrier Global, General Monitors, Inc., Tyco International Limited, Siemens AG, Spectrex, Inc., and Det-Tronics
3. Which segment dominated the Flame Detector market share?The oil & gas segment in end-users type dominated the Flame Detector market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 36.5%.
4. Which region is dominating the Flame Detector market?Asia Pacific is dominating the Flame Detector market with more than 38.7% market share.
5. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Flame Detector market?The single UV segment based on product holds the maximum market share of the Flame Detector market.
Need help to buy this report?