Global Fire Stopping Materials Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Fire Stopping Materials Market Size was valued at USD 1.63 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 13.7% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Fire Stopping Materials Market Size is expected to reach USD 5.87 Billion by 2032
- Asia Pacific is expected To Grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Fire Stopping Materials Market Size is expected to reach USD 5.87 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 13.7% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Fire stopping materials are compounds that establish permanent seals that block gaps between fire compartments, no matter how small. Gaps develop when services such as piping, ductwork, and others flow through the barrier. Specialist foam, fillers, sleeves, and collars are examples of fire stopping materials. They can be found in warehouses, office buildings, and industrial and commercial constructions. Fire-stopping materials are made from fire-resistant and intumescent materials, as well as motors, silicone, mineral fibers, and rubber compounds. They are mostly employed in electrical, plumbing, mechanical, building and construction, and other related sectors. A correctly constructed and tested fire stop system will keep the fire from propagating, provide an efficient smoke barrier, and prevent heat transmission for a predetermined period of time. Fire stops are also utilized around electrical boxes and junction boxes, as well as high-temperature equipment like furnaces. The use of various materials in various locations is determined by the construction model, climate, locality, and custom.
The major key players in the Global Fire Stopping Materials Market include BASF SE, Fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG, Sika AG, Saint-Gobain Group, Rockwool International AS, Supremex Equipments, 3M, Fire Seals Direct, and many others.
Global Fire Stopping Materials Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:
|USD 1.63 Billion
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:
|2032 Value Projection:
|USD 5.87 Billion
|Historical Data for:
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Type, By Applications, By End-use Industry, By Region.
|BASF SE, 3M, Sika AG, Fire Seals Direct, HoldRite, Saint-Gobain Group, Rockwool International AS, Supremex Equipments, Fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG, RectorSeal Corporation, Den Braven, Tenmat Ltd., Encon Insulation Ltd., Lloyd Insulations, Unique fire stop products Inc., Specified Technologies Inc, Hilti Corporation, Knauf Insulation.
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
|COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis
Get more details on this report -
The demand for fire stopping materials will continue to grow across a number of industries, including building, oil & gas, transportation, and general industries like power generating, chemical, mining, and many more. Furthermore, as the world's population has grown, the construction business has grown dramatically in the past few years, especially for residential and commercial construction projects. Fire-retardant materials are essential for preventing fires from spreading. The need for these materials will rise rapidly as more safety laws are implemented and the potential hazards of fire become better acknowledged in various places throughout the world.
Furthermore, expanding legislative framework and industry standards/regulations, particularly in the European continent and North America, are boosting the market use of fire stopping materials. These laws are encouraging the research and creation of novel fire stopping materials. These laws differ among regions, depending on the relevant national legislation for health and environmental security. On top of that, businesses are developing creative solutions that correspond to national norms and requirements. Additionally, they are concentrating on alternatives that are simple to install, user-friendly, and need less upkeep. Major corporations such as BASF, Saint-Gobain, and Rockwool International have focused their efforts on developing revolutionary fire prevention systems that efficiently control the spread of fire, smoke, and gases. Consumer spending has increased as economies have grown and lifestyles have changed. Consumers are increasingly interested in purchasing luxurious residences in high-rise condominiums and skyscrapers that meet all safety criteria and have fire-resistant components. This is projected to drive the fire stopping materials market even further throughout the duration of the forecast.
However, in emerging and underdeveloped economies where active fire prevention tactics are applied, fire stopping materials are still a new technology. Many potential consumers are unaware of the advantages of employing fire stopping materials in a variety of applications. Due to exorbitant rates and the lack of a regulatory agency or sufficient inspection methods, contractors frequently ignore building rules or fail to comply with obligatory fire safety regulations. As a result, the adoption of the fire protection market is projected to be limited in emerging nations.
By Type Insights
The putty & putty pads segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of type, the global fire stopping materials market is segmented into the putty & putty pads, mortars, sealants, cast-in devices, boards, collars, wraps/strips, and others. Among these, the putty & putty pads segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 38.6% over the forecast period. Putty is a high-plasticity compound with characteristics akin to clay or dough that is frequently utilized to cover crevices during construction. Firestop putty is primarily employed to strengthen the fire resistance of electrical outlet boxes, pipe and cable insulation, construction joints, solid ceilings, and lightweight walls. These are lightweight and can be hand-molded for speedy installation. It offers complete protection against the propagation of flames and smoke following a fire. It also adheres well to architectural substrates and penetrants such as gypsum, metal, and plastic. During the forecast period, these features are projected to increase demand for putty and putty pads.
By Applications Insights
The electrical segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of applications, the global fire stopping materials market is segmented into electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and others. Among these, the electrical segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. The expansion of the construction industry is a significant driver in the projected development of this application's market. The construction of high-rise apartments necessitates sophisticated electrical systems such as switch boards, wires, conduits, and outlets. These facilities must install fire suppression systems to comply with rigorous restrictions. To fireproof electric cables and boxes, the most usually employed fire stopping materials are mortar, sealants, and putty. These products are simple to use and provide protection against fire dangers.
By End-Use Industry Insights
The commercial segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 43.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of end-use industry, the global fire stopping materials market is segmented into residential, commercial, and industrial. Among these, the commercial segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 43.2% over the forecast period. The commercial construction is the most common use of fire stopping products. In both developed and emerging countries, commercial construction is on the rise. Construction of grocery stores, drugstores, and quick service restaurants is expanding in industrialized countries, while hospitals, schools and universities, and retail outlets are propelling the commercial construction market in developing countries.
North America dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
North America is dominating the market with more than 38.7% market share over the forecast period. The rigorous government guidelines and expectations associated with building protection, in addition to the tremendous expansion of high residential structures such as skyscrapers, are driving the demand for fire stopping materials market in North America. There has additionally been a significant increase in the overall number of companies producing and supplying fire stoping materials and supplies.
Asia Pacific, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. The fire stopping materials market is rapidly expanding, providing excellent prospects for regional manufacturers. The region's growing population, combined with the emergence of new technology and goods, is expected to contribute to making it an ideal location for the further development of fire stopping materials. Increasing livelihood and rising disposable income are also expected to boost the sector thriving in the region's developing nations.
The Europe market is expected to register a substantial CAGR growth rate during the forecast period, owing to the huge potential for the development of the diverse industries. The fire material marketplace is one such industry that is prospering from these developments and is experiencing rapid expansion. The region's growing commercial and industrial sectors, as well as advancements in emerging technologies and goods, are expected to make it an ideal location for the growth of fire stopping materials market over the projection period.
List of Key Market Players
- BASF SE
- Sika AG
- Fire Seals Direct
- Saint-Gobain Group
- Rockwool International AS
- Supremex Equipments
- Fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG
- RectorSeal Corporation
- Den Braven
- Tenmat Ltd.
- Encon Insulation Ltd.
- Lloyd Insulations
- Unique fire stop products Inc.
- Specified Technologies Inc
- Hilti Corporation
- Knauf Insulation
Key Market Developments
- On October 2022, With its cutting-edge firestop systems, Hilti, a leading provider of innovative solutions aimed at improving productivity, safety, and sustainability in the global construction industry and beyond, is raising overall safety standards in terms of fire and infection control across the healthcare sector. The Hilti Firestop Speed Sleeve, with its novel air-tightness twist design, was installed to allow the hospital to position ventilators and IV pumps outside of patient rooms, decreasing the risk of COVID-19 exposure to its healthcare personnel. This also allowed the medical team to more efficiently monitor equipment and help prevent viral spread.
- On March 2022, Sika, a leading specialty chemical company, has introduced a new online resource for specifiers aiming to design a strong passive fire prevention plan to restrict and control fire spread. Sika's new Fire Stopping Solution Finder tool was developed to assist in the specification process by assisting in the identification of the most appropriate and effective fire stopping products to use when restoring the fire resistance of walls and floors disturbed by penetration seals.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Fire Stopping Materials Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Fire Stopping Materials Market, Type Analysis
- Putty & Putty Pads
- Cast-in Devices
Fire Stopping Materials Market, Applications Analysis
Fire Stopping Materials Market, End-Use Industry Analysis
Fire Stopping Materials Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Fire Stopping Materials market?The Global Fire Stopping Materials Market is expected to grow from USD 1.63 billion in 2022 to USD 5.87 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 13.7% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?BASF SE, Fischerwerke GmbH & Co. KG, Sika AG, Saint-Gobain Group, Rockwool International AS, Supremex Equipments, 3M, Fire Seals Direct
3. Which segment dominated the Fire Stopping Materials market share?The commercial segment in end-use industry type dominated the Fire Stopping Materials market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 43.2%.
4. Which region is dominating the Fire Stopping Materials market?North America is dominating the Fire Stopping Materials market with more than 38.7% market share.
5. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Fire Stopping Materials market?The putty & putty pads segment based on type holds the maximum market share of the Fire Stopping Materials market.
Need help to buy this report?