Global Exterior Wall Systems Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Exterior Wall Systems Market Size was valued at USD 239.4 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 7.7% from 2022 to 2032.
- The Worldwide Exterior Wall Systems Market is expected to reach USD 504.73 Billion by 2032.
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Global Exterior Wall Systems Market Size is expected to reach USD 504.73 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.74% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Wall systems are the most important aspect of a building. A fundamental concept in the construction and design of buildings is an exterior wall system, which forms an outer covering around the concrete or masonry structure to safeguard it from environmental impacts. Exterior wall systems serve as barriers protecting the interior from environmental and human-caused damage. It is a structure or enclosure that offers shelter, which used to be the primary concern in the past. However, because of the advancement of technology and human expectations, building enclosures now necessitates employing modern approaches and resources in their construction. The recent increase in human-caused impacts on the environment such as climate change, global warming, and harsh chemicals floating in the air raises the risk of a variety of medical conditions. This system is long-lasting, lightweight, simple to construct, moisture-proof, and attractive. The primary obstacle in creating an exterior wall system is resistance to heat, wind pressures, precipitation penetration, moisture absorption, and so forth. Some modern structures utilize advanced designed materials that filter and protect solar rays while also providing heat insulation. This helps to regulate the building's internal temperature. As a result, there is a critical requirement to design a building enclosure that can cover these realities while also protecting its inhabitants from harm.
The major key players in the Global Exterior Wall Systems Market include Exterior Wall Systems Global, INC, 3A Composite Holding, Evonik Industries, DuPont, Saint-Gobain, Sika AG, Dow, and Etex Group. These leading firms are using acquisition and commercialization as important development methods to expand the global exterior wall systems industry's range of products. Additionally, businesses are working on developing creative and environmentally friendly products in order to improve their market position. Furthermore, the leading players are participating in the research and development of long-term wall alternatives.
Global Exterior Wall Systems Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 239.4 Bn|
|Forecast Period:||2022 – 2032|
|Forecast Period 2022 – 2032 CAGR:||7.74%|
|022 – 2032 Value Projection:||USD 504.73 Bn|
|Historical Data for:||2018-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||140|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Material Type, By Application, By Region.|
|Companies Covered:||DuPont, Saint-Gobain, Sika AG, CRH, Dow, Etex Group, CSR Limited, Owens Corning, Evonik Industries, 3A Composite Holding, Exterior Wall Systems Global, Inc., Cornerstone Building Brands, Avient Corporation, Alcoa Corporation, Louisiana-Pacific Corporation, Nichiha Corporation, Schweiter Technologies AG, Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd. and Others.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
The expansion of the construction market is a significant contributor to growth in the exterior wall systems industry. The rise in construction operations around the globe will propel the exterior wall systems business sector. The rapid expansion of industrial operations has resulted in the construction of new commercial, non-commercial, and residential structures. In addition, the growing desire for sustainability will have a significant impact on the future development of the exterior wall systems market. These structures offer numerous advantages, including energy efficiency, conservation, resource optimization, environmental preservation, and increased selling price. Furthermore, exterior wall systems are currently in considerable demand due to increasing requirements for sustainable thermal management of constructing structures and consumer awareness of recyclable facade solutions. Additional important factors driving market growth include increased consumer preference for green buildings, increasing urbanization, and a growing demand for efficient thermal management of buildings. Moreover, regulatory structures encourage the use of external wall systems. As such, the market has many growth opportunities.
However, frequent upkeep of various exterior wall systems, including cladding, curtain walls, and aluminum composite panels, needs to be performed to maintain their water resistance and boost durability, which is projected to limit the market's future growth. Cleaning is also necessary to reduce dust accumulation and prevent the growth of organic material. As a result, the cost and time involved with repairs could be a significant issue for the external wall systems market over the projection period.
By Type Insights
The curtain wall segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of type, the global exterior wall systems market is segmented into ventilated, non-ventilated, and curtain walls. Among these, the curtain wall segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. Curtain wall systems are built of lightweight materials, which lowers construction expenses. In addition to its own dead load weight, the curtain wall facade bears no mechanical strain from the building. The key role of a curtain wall system is to shield the internal components of a building from external forces such as sunlight, temperature changes, earthquakes, rain, and wind.
By Material Type Insights
The glass panel segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of material type, the global exterior wall systems market is segmented into glass panel, ceramic tile, vinyl, metal panel, brick & stone, fiber cement, gypsum/plasterboard, EIFS, wood, fiberglass panel, HPL, GRC, and others. Among these, the glass panel segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 43.6% over the forecast period. Construction glass encompasses helpful weather-resistant properties, as well as characteristics, which include transparency, u-value, durability, climate-controlled, flexibility, recyclable, solar thermal co-efficiency, cost-effectiveness, and acoustic control, all of which contribute to the reliability and appearance of the exterior of a structure. It offers numerous advantages such as radiance, amplitude to space, greater separation of ideas, the ability to blend diverse designs, and an overall feeling of freshness.
By Application Insights
The commercial segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 57.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the global exterior wall systems market is segmented into commercial, industrial, and residential. Among these, the commercial segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 57.2% over the forecast period. The rise of this market is primarily due to the growing demand for exterior wall systems as a result of expanding architectural uniformity, as well as the durability, safety, and higher visual appeal of the facade systems. The most significant benefit of exterior wall systems is that they are available in a variety of materials and styles, allowing consumers to select a material that complements the entire building/house. Furthermore, variables such as growing living standards, urbanization activities, and higher investment in real estate all lead to the commercial category's development.
Asia Pacific dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific is dominating the market with more than 38.7% market share over the forecast period. The exterior wall system market in Asia Pacific has been mainly fueled by China, India, and other developing countries observing significant expansion in their construction industries. These industries are rising as a result of increased government and investments from the private sector, an increasing population, an expanding marketplace, and a rise in financial freedom. Furthermore, China's exterior wall system market had the biggest proportion of the market, while India's exterior wall system market was the Asia Pacific region's fastest-growing market.
North America, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. This is due to the growing demand for energy-efficient solutions, which, when combined with contemporary building methods, drastically decreases time complexity. Furthermore, the region's growing preference for dry construction procedures over wet construction practices are expected to boost product demand.
The Europe market is predicted to develop at a significant CAGR during the forecast period, primarily to the increasing popularity of energy-efficient appliances and green buildings, which is driving market growth. Furthermore, initiatives adopted by the European Union (EU) to transform energy-wasting buildings into green buildings would propel the industry even further.
List of Key Market Players
- Sika AG
- Etex Group
- CSR Limited
- Owens Corning
- Evonik Industries
- 3A Composite Holding
- Exterior Wall Systems Global, Inc.
- Cornerstone Building Brands
- Avient Corporation
- Alcoa Corporation
- Louisiana-Pacific Corporation
- Nichiha Corporation
- Schweiter Technologies AG
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
Key Market Developments
- On May 2023, Exceler Building Solutions, situated in Hazleton, Pennsylvania, has raised $5 million through an Opportunity Zone Fund meant to invest in the future of green construction as well as the company's ongoing operations and expansion strategy. The Fund's goal is to raise $20 million in total. The money will be utilized to drive the company's growth while providing investors with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to defer, decrease, or eliminate capital gains tax requirements by investing in the Exceler Opportunity Zone Growth Fund.
- On December 2022, Kawneer has updated the bulk of their curtain wall systems to AAMA 501.6 and AAMA 501.4. As a pioneering manufacturer of curtain wall systems, Kawneer has invested in the most recent seismic testing standard available, AAMA 501.6. This testing measures the horizontal racking displacement amplitude of exterior wall framing members and examines them under controlled laboratory settings to determine whether the lateral movement would result in glass panel breakage and fallout.
- On December 2021, Evonik Industries' CALOSTAT Pad has boosted its offering of mineral-based, non-combustible, high-performance insulation materials. CALOSTAT Pad is a good insulating material for façade elements, vented curtain walls, flat roofs and balconies, building components, basement ceilings, and underground parking structures, as well as for improving technological construction equipment.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Exterior Wall Systems Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Exterior Wall Systems Market, Type Analysis
- Curtain Wall
Exterior Wall Systems Market, Material Type Analysis
- Glass Panel
- Ceramic Tile
- Metal Panel
- Brick & Stone
- Fiber Cement
- Fiberglass Panel
Exterior Wall Systems Market, Application Analysis
Exterior Wall Systems Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Exterior Wall Systems market?The Global Exterior Wall Systems Market is expected to grow from USD 239.4 billion in 2022 to USD 504.73 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.74% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Exterior Wall Systems Global, INC, 3A Composite Holding, Evonik Industries, DuPont, Saint-Gobain, Sika AG, Dow, and Etex Group
3. Which segment dominated the Exterior Wall Systems market share?The commercial segment in application type dominated the Exterior Wall Systems market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 57.2%.
4. What are the elements driving the growth of the Exterior Wall Systems market?The rapid development of construction activities, growing demand for dry construction technologies, and increasing demand for green buildings are the primary factors driving the worldwide exterior wall systems market.
5. Which region is dominating the Exterior Wall Systems market?Asia Pacific is dominating the Exterior Wall Systems market with more than 38.7% market share.
6. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Exterior Wall Systems market?The glass panel segment based on material type holds the maximum market share of the Exterior Wall Systems market.
Need help to buy this report?