Global Epigenetics Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Product (Kits and Reagents, Instruments, and Others), By Application (Metabolic Diseases, Oncology, CNS/Pain Diseases, Autoimmune Diseases, Cardiovascular Diseases), By Technology (Methylation, Phosphorylation, Acetylation, Other Technologies) and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030Industry: Healthcare
Global Epigenetics Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global epigenetics market was valued at USD 2.57 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 17% from 2021 to 2030
- The global epigenetics market is expected to reach USD 10.55 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global epigenetics market is expected to reach USD 10.55 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 17% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. One of the most important aspects that are contributing to the expansion of the epigenetics market is the rising incidence of cancer and acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) all over the world. In addition, the widespread implementation of epigenetic treatments for conditions that aren't related to cancer is a driving force behind the expansion of the industry.
The study of epigenetics focuses on the structural changes that occur in chromosomal areas. DNA methylation, modification of histones, chromatin remodeling, genomic imprinting, inactivation of the X chromosome, and control of non-coding RNA are all examples of epigenetic alterations that have an effect on gene transcription. The study of epigenetics is applied to the fields of oncology, developmental biology, drug development, and the study of diseases that are not related to cancer, such as Alzheimer's disease and respiratory illness. In the field of forensic research, epigenetics may be used for determining paternity, differentiating between identical twins, identifying the origin of tissue, and calculating the amount of time that has passed since the deceased's passing. The use of epigenetics applications is increasing day by day which increases the market. The existence of institutions such as the National Cancer Institute (NCI), the National Institute of Health (NIH), and the International Human Epigenome Consortium (IHEC) is having a favorable impact on the expansion of the industry. These organizations are working to increase financing and support for research and development activities as well as product development endeavors that are related to the topic of epigenetics. Research on epigenetics is supported by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) through a program known as the common fund epigenomics program. This program actively encourages new epigenetic research all around the world. It is anticipated that factors such as the increasing incidence of cancers, the rise in funding for research and development in healthcare, and the growing number of applications of epigenetics in fields other than oncology will, amongst others, drive the growth of the market throughout the forecast period.
This research report categorizes the global epigenetics market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global epigenetics market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global epigenetics market sub-segments.
Global Epigenetics Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 2.57 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||17%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 10.55 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||190|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||137|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, By Technology, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Abcam PLC, Active Motiff, Hologic Inc (Diagenode Inc.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Illumina Inc., Qiagen NV|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Kits and Reagents segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 0.95 billion.
Based on the product, the Epigenetics Market is categorized into Kits and Reagents, Instruments, and Others. In 2021, the kits and reagent segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 37% and market revenue of 0.95 billion. It is anticipated that the kits and reagents category would have the greatest market among all other segments. Epigenetic diagnostic kits are utilized for the early stage diagnosis of illnesses resulting from epigenetic alterations, as well as for monitoring the therapeutic efficiency of treatments while they are being administered.
- In 2021, the Oncology segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and market revenue of 1.028 billion.
Based on application, the Epigenetics Market is categorized into Metabolic Diseases, Oncology, CNS/Pain Diseases, Autoimmune Diseases, and Cardiovascular Diseases. In 2021, the oncology segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 40% and market revenue of 1.028 billion. Oncology is the field that contributes the most money to the whole market. The rise in the global incidence of cancer is one factor that is contributing to the expansion of this market sector. In addition, it is anticipated that the launch of brand-new items and the possible commercialization of products that are already in the production line will serve as a catalyst for the expansion of this market segment.
- In 2021, the Methylation segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 31% and a market revenue of 0.79 billion.
Based on technology, the Epigenetics Market is categorized into Methylation, Phosphorylation, Acetylation, and Other Technologies. In 2021, the methylation segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 31% and market revenue of 0.79 billion. The methylation segment is responsible for the largest proportion of revenue in the epigenetics market. It is anticipated that the high cost of maintenance of methylation technology used for epigenetic studies impedes the growth of this market segment.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Epigenetics Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global epigenetics market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 2.57 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global epigenetics market, with a market share of around 39.4% and 2.57 billion of the market revenue. The market for epigenetics in the North American region has been expanding owing to the increasing rising R&D activities by several small and medium enterprises to develop medical healthcare facilities in the healthcare sector. In addition, the expansion of the region's healthcare facilities and the development of new diagnostic procedures are some factors driving the growth of the regional market. There has been a general rise in patients' knowledge of the availability of innovative goods, another aspect contributing to the region's preeminent market position.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, owing to the increasing demand for several applications such as bulk products, and other special technologies (Methylation, Phosphorylation, Acetylation, and Other Technologies). The Asia-Pacific market is anticipated to grow as a result of an increase in the level of funding provided by the government for research and development activities, an increase in the incidence rate of cancer, and an increase in the level of investment made by market participants in the area.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global epigenetics market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Abcam PLC
- Active Motiff
- Hologic Inc (Diagenode Inc.)
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Illumina Inc.
- Qiagen NV
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In February 2022, a trial being sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), which is part of the National Institutes of Health, reported the dosing of the first patient with a combination of Bristol Myers Squibb's PD-1 immune checkpoint inhibitor OPDIVO and YERVOY and Zenith Epigenetics Ltd.'s ZEN-3694 (BET inhibitor) solid tumor cancer.
- In February 2022, Dovetail Genomics and Element Biosciences, Inc. entered into a partnership to demonstrate the value and performance of Dovetail's proximity ligation-based next-generation sequencing (NGS) library prep solutions on Element's AVITI System. Element Biosciences, Inc., the developer of a new and disruptive DNA sequencing platform, initiated this partnership.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global epigenetics market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Epigenetics Market, By Product
- Kits and Reagents
Global Epigenetics Market, By Application
- Metabolic Diseases
- CNS/Pain Diseases
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Cardiovascular Diseases
Global Epigenetics Market, By Technology
- Other Technologies
Global Epigenetics Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Epigenetics market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Epigenetics market was valued at USD 2.57 billion in 2021 to USD 10.55 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Epigenetics market?The Epigenetics market is growing at a CAGR of 17% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Epigenetics market?North America emerged as the largest market for Epigenetics.
Who are the key players in the Epigenetics market?Key players in the Epigenetics market are Abcam PLC, Active Motiff, Hologic Inc (Diagenode Inc.), F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, Illumina Inc., Qiagen NV.
Which factor drives the growth of the Epigenetics market?Epigenetic enzymes gaining traction in drug discovery & development drives the market's growth.
Need help to buy this report?