Global Electrophoresis Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global electrophoresis market was valued at USD 2.3 Billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2030
- The global electrophoresis market is expected to reach USD 3.8 Billion by 2030
- Europe is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Electrophoresis Market is expected to reach USD 3.8 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The Electrophoresis Market has grown due to the growing demand for electrophoresis equipment and supplies. In addition, market participants are working on R & D projects.
Proteins and nucleic acids are separated using gel electrophoresis apparatus according to their charge and size. These tools are mostly utilized in laboratories for molecular biology, genetics, and microbiology. The results of the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) are examined using electrophoresis. By running an electric current from one end to the other, DNA, RNA, and protein molecules are separated in the lab. Due to the use of the set of primers for assessing the binding that was created by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) for routine PCR diagnosis of COVID-19, the usage of electrophoresis increased during COVID-19.
In the field of life sciences, electrophoresis has evolved into one of the most widely used analytical techniques. Modern automation and technology in this process provide unmatched reproducibility, usability, and reduced hands-on time. The electrophoresis industry is also expected to be driven by the ease of automated systems over manual systems and the availability of rapid results. Demand will be fueled by the rising incidence of cancer and the rise of research and development, offering enormous potential for electrophoresis companies to treat chronic sickness.
Medical facilities are quickly implementing tools like electrophoresis technology to conduct biological research and medication discovery. In the science of genomics, gel electrophoresis is used to create synthetic chromosome libraries, assign genes to specific chromosomes, and map genetic material.
The market for electrophoresis is expanding as a result of expanding techniques in drug development and DNA and protein mapping. Additionally, expanding academic research has helped in the development of electrophoresis utilization, advancing market sales. Globally increasing rates of chronic diseases like cancer, infectious diseases, and genetic disorders are driving demand for electrophoresis equipment.
Global Electrophoresis Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 2.3 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||6%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 3.8 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||279|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||145|
|Segments covered:||By Product Type, By Application By End-User|
|Companies Covered:||QIAGEN, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher, Bio-Techne, PerkinElmer Inc., Merck KGaA, Shimadzu Corporation, Hitachi Ltd., Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, Helena Laboratories, BiOptic Inc., LABGENE Scientific SA, and Promega Corporation.|
|Growth Drivers:||The global electrophoresis market is expected to grow from USD 2.3 Billion in 2021 to USD 3.8 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6% during the forecast period 2022-2030.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||The market for electrophoresis is expanding as a result of expanding techniques in drug development and DNA and protein mapping. Additionally, expanding academic research has helped in the development of electrophoresis utilization, advancing market sales. Globally increasing rates of chronic diseases like cancer, infectious diseases, and genetic disorders are driving demand for electrophoresis equipment.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for global electrophoresis based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global electrophoresis market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global electrophoresis market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the capillary electrophoresis segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 38% and market revenue of 0.87 billion.
Based on the type, the global electrophoresis market is categorized into Capillary Electrophoresis, Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis, 2D Electrophoresis, Routine electrophoresis, Pulsed-field electrophoresis, Isoelectric focusing, and Immunochemical electrophoresis. In 2021, the capillary electrophoresis segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 38% and market revenue of 0.87 billion. Capillary electrophoresis is at the forefront of creating goods based on cutting-edge technology. Additionally, due to a shift in focus toward next-generation sequencing and an increase in the prevalence of infectious diseases and different types of cancer, it is projected that capillary electrophoresis will actively incorporate diagnostics. When compared to other modes, capillary electrochromatography considerably boosts the capillary electrophoresis market on a global scale.
- In 2021, the clinical pathology analysis segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 0.92 billion.
Based on the application, the electrophoresis market is categorized into the Estimation of DNA molecules, Analysis of PCR Products, Forensic Science, Protein and antibody interaction, and Clinical pathology analysis. In 2021, the clinical pathology analysis segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 40% and a market revenue of 0.92 billion. Using laboratory examination of biological fluids including blood, urine, and tissue homogenates or extracts along with tools from chemistry, microbiology, hematology, molecular pathology, and immunohematology, clinical pathology is the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis of disease.
- In 2021, the research institutes segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 34% and a market revenue of 0.7 billion.
Based on the end-user, the electrophoresis market is categorized into Research Institute, Healthcare and Diagnosis Centers, Biotechnological and Pharmaceutical industry, and Educational Institutions. In 2021, the research institutes segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 34% and a market revenue of 0.7 billion. Due to a shift in emphasis toward next-generation sequencing and an increase in the prevalence of infectious diseases and different cancers, it is projected that research institutes are dominant.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Electrophoresis Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, the U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global electrophoresis market, with a market share of around 35% and 2.3 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global electrophoresis market, with a market share of around 35% and 2.3 billion of the market revenue. The nation's concentration on pharmaceutical research institutions and the enormous amount of financing make the region dominant. Additionally, the market has expanded as a result of the favorable regulatory environment, enhanced logistics, and increased quality. The capillary electrophoresis market in North America is dominated by the United States and Canada. Due to numerous market participants that were already in the country and sizable regional investments. Additionally, the nation spends a lot of money on research and development, which promotes the growth of manufacturing facilities in the area.
- The Europe market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030 because more market firms and research institutions are engaging in research and development. For instance, Sebia, Inc., a prominent supplier of clinical protein electrophoresis equipment and reagents used for various illnesses screening and monitoring, received approval from the U.S. FDA on May 2, 2019, for HYDRASYS 2. The all-in-one gel electrophoresis system HYDRASYS 2 features migration, scanning and perforce staining.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global electrophoresis market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Merck KGaA
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Teledyne Technologies Incorporated
- Helena Laboratories
- LABGENE Scientific SA
- Promega Corporation
- BiOptic Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In September 2022 , The BanditTM STEM Electrophoresis Kit, an educational electrophoresis tool, was released by miniPCR bio, a manufacturer of scientific equipment for researchers. With the help of the low-cost STEM activity kit Bandit, children may construct and use a working gel electrophoresis equipment.
- In August 2022, Amerigo Scientific, a distributor that caters to the needs of the biomedical and life science communities, announced the availability of their new CALX8 Reagent for the life science laboratory researchers. In molecular biology research procedures such as cell lysis, protein purification, electrophoresis, and immunoassays, this reagent is widely employed.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global electrophoresis market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Electrophoresis Market, By Type
- Capillary Electrophoresis
- Polyacrylamide Gel Electrophoresis
- 2D Electrophoresis
- Routine electrophoresis
- Pulsed-field electrophoresis
- Isoelectric focusing
- Immunochemical electrophoresis
Global Electrophoresis Market, By Application
- Estimation of DNA molecule
- Analysis of PCR Product
- Forensic Science
- Protein and antibody interaction
- Clinical pathology analysis
Global Electrophoresis Market, By End-User
- Research Institute
- Healthcare and Diagnosis Centres
- Biotechnological and Pharmaceutical industry
- Educational Institution
Global Electrophoresis Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle Eas
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Electrophoresis market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Electrophoresis market was valued at USD 2.3 billion in 2022 to USD 3.8 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Electrophoresis market?The Electrophoresis market is growing at a CAGR of 6% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Electrophoresis market?North America emerged as the largest market for Electrophoresis.
Who are the key players in the Electrophoresis market?Key players in the Electrophoresis market are QIAGEN, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc., Danaher, Bio-Techne, PerkinElmer Inc., Merck KGaA, Shimadzu Corporation, Hitachi Ltd., Teledyne Technologies Incorporated, Helena Laboratories, BiOptic Inc., LABGENE Scientific SA, and Promega Corporation.
Which factor drives the growth of the Electrophoresis market?Increasing demand of electrophoresis device is expected to drives the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?