Global Dimethyl Ether Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis ByType (Anhydrous diethyl ether and Stabilized diethyl ether), By End-users (Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Agrochemicals and Others), By Application (Fuel Additive, Solvent, and Others) and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030Industry: Advanced Materials
Global Dimethyl Ether Market Insights Forecasts to 2030.
- The global Dimethyl Ether Market was valued at USD 4.20 Billion in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 10.1% from 2022 to 2030
- The global Dimethyl Ether Market is expected to reach USD 9.98 Billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Global Dimethyl Ether Market is expected to reach USD 9.98 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 10.1% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. One of the key drivers of Dimethyl Ether market expansion is due to the global expansion of the chemical sector.
Additionally, an increase in the usage of dimethyl ether as a gasoline additive is anticipated to fuel global revenue growth. Dimethyl ether is a desirable fuel alternative for use in diesel engines since it offers a variety of fuel qualities.
Dimethyl ether is produced from fossil fuels including coal, petroleum by-products, natural gas,and coal. Methoxy methane, an odourless and colourless gas, is another name for dimethyl ether. Due to its absence of sulphur, dimethyl ether serves as a fuel alternative as well. Dimethyl ether is utilised as a solvent in the petrochemical and chemical industries, among other applications in a wide range of fields. The growing demand for the product from the automobile industry has been identified as one of the main growth factors in the dimethyl ether market.
Demand for cleaner, higher-quality gasoline in the automotive sector has risen as a result of changing customer preferences and rising environmental concerns. The ether market is rapidly evolving as a result of increased ether use. For instance, due to ether's characteristic of being a cleaner fuel, automakers are substituting it for diesel, gasoline, and LPG. The expansion of the dimethyl ether market would be guaranteed over the forecast period due to the growing need for a clean vehicle sector. The main obstacle is the supply chain's inability to adequately fulfil demand.
Significant infrastructure investment is necessary for ether distribution, especially for creating the distribution network. The dimethyl ether market cannot expand because there is a lack of an appropriate distribution network, which keeps the ethers made with dimethyl inaccessible for a significant number of customers. Opportunities for market expansion for dimethyl ether are anticipated to arise from emerging nations growing need for clean fuel. One of the world's most important automobile marketplaces has arisen in nations like China and India. But it has also led to a high degree of vehicle pollution in these nations' largest cities. As a result, these nations are switching to cleaner fuel sources, which presents significant opportunities for the market expansion of dimethyl ether in developing nations.
Global Dimethyl Ether Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 4.20 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||10.1 %|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 9.98 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||279|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||131|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By End User, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Akzo Nobel N.V. China Energy Limited Ferrostal GmbH Fuel DME Production Co Grillo-Werke AG Guangdong JOVO Group Co. Haldor Topsoe Jiutai Energy Group Korea Gas Corporation Mitsubishi Corporation Oberon Fuels Royal Dutch Shell Plc Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group Co The Chemours Company Zagros Petrochemical|
|Growth Drivers:||Rising Exports of Aromatic Ethers Rising Exports of Aromatic Ethers Increasing LPG Blending Use Expanding LPG Blending Use Increasing Interest in Non-Electric and Electric Vehicles|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Lack of Production of Oil And Gas Strict government regulations|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Dimethyl Ether based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Dimethyl Ether Market.
Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Dimethyl Ether Market sub-segments.
- Rising Exports of Aromatic Ethers
- Rising Exports of Aromatic Ethers
- Increasing LPG Blending Use
- Expanding LPG Blending Use
- Increasing Interest in Non-Electric and Electric Vehicles
- Lack of Production of Oil And Gas
- Strict government regulations
- high production costs
- The main obstacle is the supply chain's inability to adequately fulfil demand.
- The market for dimethyl ether is anticipated to see development prospects due to the rising demand for clean fuel from emerging nations.
- After Covid 19 impact, Demand for hand washes and floor cleaners increased by 25% and 60%, respectively, in the area of hygiene goods. This is giving end-users new potential for expansion in the market.
- In 2021, the Anhydrous dimethyl ether segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 53.7% and Market revenue of 2.25 Billion.
Based on the Type, the global Dimethyl Ether Market is categorized into Anhydrous diethyl ether and Stabilized diethyl ether. In 2021, the Anhydrous diethyl ethersegment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 53.7% and Market revenue of 2.25 Billion.
The Anhydrous diethyl ethermarket category now has the largest market share and is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR over the anticipated years because the need for anhydrous diethyl ether as a gasoline additive is growing. Due to a growth in the usage of stabilised diethyl ether as a solvent, the market for stabilised diethyl ether is predicted to see a modest revenue CAGR during the projected period.
- In 2021, the Automotive segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 39.6% and a Market revenue of 1.66 Billion.
Based on the End-users, the Dimethyl Ether Market is categorized Automotive, Pharmaceuticals, Agrochemicals and Others. In 2021, the Automotivesegment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 39.6% and a Market revenue of 1.66 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, theAutomotivesegment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGRdue to a growth in the usage of diethyl ether as a fuel additive in vehicles.
- In 2021, the Fuel segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 42.6% and a Market revenue of 1.78 Billion.
Based on the Application, the Dimethyl Ether Market is categorized into Fuel Additive, Solvent, and Others. In 2021, the Fuel segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 42.6% and a Market revenue of 1.78 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, theFuel segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR. The significant percentage of the Fuel segment market rise is as a result of a rise in the fuel additive use of diethyl ether. Additionally, the automobile industry expects the gasoline additive segment to expand its revenue at a very fast rate.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Dimethyl Ether Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the Global Dimethyl Ether Market, with a Market share of around 40.4% and 1.69 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the global Dimethyl Ether Market, with a Market share of around 40.4% and 1.69 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Dimethyl Ether is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market.
- The market for Dimethyl Ether was dominated by the Asia Pacific region due to its numerous uses in LPG blending, which are steadily gaining pace to achieve environmental sustainability, the strong product demand in Asia Pacific is ascribed to this.
- Additionally, a more environmentally friendly regulatory framework in the area has expanded its use in LPG blending to lower soot, particle matter, and other pollutants to enhance the region's general air quality in the years to come.Additionally, China's simple access to coal deposits would help the Asia Pacific region's dimethyl ether industry.
- Furthermore, the establishment of particular environmental rules by the majority of regional governments will benefit the growth of dimethyl ether.
- North America Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, Growth in North America region is driven by rising consumer demand for bio-based goods and the implementation of strict emission restrictions. Additionally, due to the fact that this region is home to several dimethyl ether producers.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Dimethyl Ether Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- China Energy Limited
- Ferrostal GmbH
- Fuel DME Production Co
- Grillo-Werke AG
- Guangdong JOVO Group Co.
- Haldor Topsoe
- Jiutai Energy Group
- Korea Gas Corporation
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Oberon Fuels
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc
- Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group Co
- The Chemours Company
- Zagros Petrochemical
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In August 2020, The Oberon Fuels, a manufacturer of renewable dimethyl ether, expanded its staff to build the world's first renewable dimethyl ether.
- In March 2021, SHV Energy and KEW Technology established Circular Fuels Ltd. as a joint venture. The goal of this project was to build renewable dimethyl ether (rDME) manufacturing facilities and turn recycled and renewable carbon feedstock into sustainable liquid gas.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Dimethyl Ether Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Dimethyl Ether Market, By Type
- Anhydrous Diethyl Ether
- Stabilized Diethyl Ether
Global Dimethyl Ether Market, By End-users
- Automotive industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Agrochemical industry
- Other industries
Global Dimethyl Ether Market, By Application
- Fuel Additive
Global Dimethyl Ether Market, Regional Analysis
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Dimethyl Ether market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Dimethyl Ether market was valued at USD 4.20 billion in 2022 to USD 9.98 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Dimethyl Ether market?The Dimethyl Ether market is growing at a CAGR of 10.1% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Dimethyl Ether market?Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for Dimethyl Ether.
Who are the key players in the Dimethyl Ether market?Key players in the Dimethyl Ether market are Akzo Nobel N.V., China Energy Limited, Ferrostal GmbH, Fuel DME Production Co, Grillo-Werke AG, Guangdong JOVO Group Co., Haldor Topsoe, Jiutai Energy Group, Korea Gas Corporation, Mitsubishi Corporation, Oberon Fuels, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Shenhua Ningxia Coal Industry Group Co, The Chemours Company, and Zagros Petrochemical.
Which factor drives the growth of the Dimethyl Ether market?Rising Exports of Aromatic Ethers are expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?