Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market was valued at USD 840.83 million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Dimethyl Carbonate market is expected to reach USD 1563.24 million by 2030
- The North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market is expected to reach USD 840.83 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The Dimethyl Carbonate market has been growing owing to the rising demand for polycarbonate from end-users. One of the most commonly used engineering thermoplastics is polycarbonate (PC), which is transparent, strong, thermally stable, chemical & heat resistant, and dimensionally stable. PC is used in a variety of industries, including electrical & electronics, automotive, building & construction, consumer goods, and medical.
This research report categorizes the market for dimethyl carbonate based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the dimethyl carbonate market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the dimethyl carbonate market.
Global Dimethyl Carbonate Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 840.83 Million|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||6.4%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 1563.24 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||198|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||134|
|Segments covered:||By Application, By End-Use Industry, ByGrade, by Region|
|Companies Covered:||Kowa Company Ltd, Kishida Chemical Co. Ltd., Ube Industries Ltd., Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Haike Chemical Group, Zhejiang Petrochemical Co., Ltd., Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co. Ltd., Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Tangshan Chaoyang Chemical Co., Ltd., Qingdao Aspirit Chemical Co., Ltd.Balaji Amines, Henan GP Chemicals Co. Ltd., Aceto Corporation, Connect Chemicals, Kindun Chemical Co., Limited, Silver Fern Chemicals, Others.|
|Growth Drivers:||The polycarbonate segment dominated the market with the largest market share|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
Dimethyl Carbonate (DMC) is an environmentally acceptable and non-toxic organic molecule having the chemical formula OC (OCH3)2. Dimethyl Carbonate is in the form of a liquid and doesn't seem to be a different hue. A flammable and potentially indexable carbonate ester is dimethyl carbonate. Dimethyl carbonate can form very quickly in organic solvents, including ethers, alcohols, ketones, and others. Dimethyl carbonate is a well-known solvent and environmentally friendly chemical agent that sparks curiosity. It is used to make polycarbonate, a plastic renowned for its great dielectric strength, impact resistance, and optical clarity. Dimethyl carbonate is used as an electrolyte in lithium-ion batteries, driving up demand for laptops, desktop computers, cell phones, and plug-in hybrid electric cars. Traditional methods of producing dimethyl carbonate require the use of toxic gases like carbon monoxide and phosgene as well as the production of hazardous byproducts like sodium chloride. Because of the properties polycarbonate contains in the applications—strength, thermal stability, chemical and heat resistance, and dimensional stability—it is becoming increasingly in demand across various industries, including electronics, automotive, building & construction, consumer goods, and medical. As a result, polycarbonate is one of the most commonly used engineering thermoplastics. Global polycarbonate production capacity will increase as demand for the material rises across several industries. China is the region's largest manufacturer of polycarbonate, a material used in the building and automobile industries.
The manufacture of the plastic polymers utilized in this industry is boosted by rising consumer income and spending on electronics and cars. Dimethyl carbonate has many uses and is utilized in many different sectors. Due to the quantity and range of uses, there is a significant demand for dimethyl carbonate. In conventional manufacture, hazardous byproducts like sodium chloride are created by employing poisonous gases like phosgene and carbon monoxide. Most of the product is made up of extremely toxic compounds that, even in small amounts, can result in death or serious health problems. When manufactured in large quantities, sodium chloride can harm the environment when dumped. One of the reasons limiting the growth of the dimethyl carbonate market is the prevalence of the methanol phosgenation technique among international producers. Applications can replace fuel and cleaning agents by increasing the dimethyl carbonate components. By enhancing the use of dimethyl carbonate as a solvent in synthesizing polymers, flavoring agents, and insecticides, manufacturers in the dimethyl carbonate market are seizing incremental possibilities.
- In 2021, the polycarbonate segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 36% and market revenue of 5.86 million.
Based on the Application, the Dimethyl Carbonate market is categorized into battery electrolytes, solvents, polycarbonate synthesis, and reagents. In 2021, the polycarbonate segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 36% and market revenue of 302.69 million. As the dimethyl carbonate molecule is employed as an arbitrator in the production of polycarbonates, the market is anticipated to grow. Numerous end-use industries employ polycarbonate, including the automotive, electrical, and electronics sectors. It is made of high-quality plastic that is transparent, stable, and resistant to heat and impact. The global market for dimethyl carbonate is expanding due to the rising demand for polycarbonate from the automotive, electrical, and electronics industries.
- In 2021, the Industrial Process segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 42% and a market revenue of 353.14 million.
Based on end-users, the Dimethyl Carbonate market is categorized into paints & coatings, pharmaceuticals, and plastics. In 2021, the plastic segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 42% and market revenue of 353.14 million. It serves as an intermediary in the creation of polycarbonates. PC has gained prominence as a commercial polymer with numerous applications in industries including automotive, electrical, and electronics that are both environmentally friendly and recyclable. It is anticipated that increased demand for plastic products, particularly polycarbonate ones, will increase global usage of dimethyl carbonate.
- In 2021, the Industrial Process segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 38% and a market revenue of 319.51 million.
Based on grade, the Dimethyl Carbonate market is categorized into pharmaceutical, battery, and industry. In 2021, the industrial segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 38% and market revenue of 319.51 million as it is used in manufacturing polycarbonates. It is utilized as reagents in pesticides and as solvents in paints and coating. The surging demand for polycarbonates from industries including electrical, electronics, and automotive is boosting the industry-grade Dimethyl Carbonate Market.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Dimethyl Carbonate Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
The Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global Dimethyl Carbonate market, with a market share of around 43% and 361.55 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- The Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global Dimethyl Carbonate market, with a market share of around 43% and 361.55 million of the market revenue in 2021. The demand for lithium-ion batteries from the electronics and automotive industries in the Asia Pacific region has been driving the lithium-ion battery electrolyte to propel the market growth of dimethyl carbonate in the region. This has led to an increase in the demand for dimethyl carbonate in the region and an increase in demand for the synthesis of polycarbonate in countries like China and Japan. The primary producers of dimethyl carbonate in the region are India, China, South Korea, and Japan.
- The North American market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030. The United States is the second-largest producer of plastics and items made from polycarbonate. Due to its high production volume, the nation is anticipated to continue to be a big consumer of dimethyl carbonate. Over the projected period, it is predicted that the nation will have around 89% of the market share for dimethyl carbonate in all of North America. Lithium-ion battery manufacture has also increased due to the increased production of electric automobiles in the United States. Dimethyl carbonate sales are predicted to increase as a result in the coming years.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Global Dimethyl Carbonate market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Kowa Company Ltd
- Kishida Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Ube Industries Ltd.
- Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co. Ltd.
- Haike Chemical Group
- Zhejiang Petrochemical Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co. Ltd.
- Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Tangshan Chaoyang Chemical Co., Ltd.,
- Qingdao Aspirit Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Balaji Amines
- Henan GP Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Aceto Corporation
- Connect Chemicals
- Kindun Chemical Co., Limited
- Silver Fern Chemicals
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In April 2021, Merck announced a USD 22.9 million investment to increase production and R&D capabilities at its Shizuoka location (Japan). In order to improve and speed up advances in the field of electronic materials, new infrastructure will be constructed as part of this plan.
- In September 2020, Merck KGaA provided research tools and supplies worth USD 82,890 to help the Eijkman Institute for Molecular Biology, Indonesia, in its efforts to speed up research on vaccine development. The institute is creating a COVID-19 vaccine with numerous regional research institutions based on local virus strains.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global dimethyl carbonate market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Dimethyl Carbonate Market, By Type
- Battery Electrolyte
- Polycarbonate Synthesis
Dimethyl Carbonate Market, By End-Users
- Paints & Coatings
Dimethyl Carbonate Market, By Grade
Dimethyl Carbonate Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the global Dimethyl Carbonate market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Dimethyl Carbonate market was valued at USD 840.83 million in 2021 to USD 1563.24 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the global Dimethyl Carbonate market?The global Dimethyl Carbonate market is growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
Which region dominates the global Dimethyl Carbonate market?The Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for Dimethyl Carbonate.
What is the significant driving factor for the Dimethyl Carbonate market?High Demand for Polycarbonate from Various Industries will influence the market's growth.
Which factor is limiting the growth of the Dimethyl Carbonate market?Strict government policies could hamper market growth.
Who are the key players in the global Dimethyl Carbonate market?Key players of the Dimethyl Carbonate market are Kowa Company Ltd, Kishida Chemical Co. Ltd., Ube Industries Ltd., Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemical Group Co. Ltd., Haike Chemical Group, Zhejiang Petrochemical Co., Ltd., Guangzhou Tinci Materials Technology Co. Ltd., Hefei TNJ Chemical Industry Co., Ltd., Tangshan Chaoyang Chemical Co., Ltd., Qingdao Aspirit Chemical Co., Ltd., Balaji Amines, Henan GP Chemicals Co. Ltd., Aceto Corporation, Connect Chemicals, Kindun Chemical Co., Limited, and Silver Fern Chemicals.
Need help to buy this report?