Global Dicyclopentadiene Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis, By Grade (High Purity, Hydrocarbon Grade, and Polyester Grade), By Application (Hydrocarbon Resins, EPDM Elastomers, Cyclic Olefin Polymer (COP) & Copolymer (COC), Unsaturated Polyester Resin, and Poly-DCPD), and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030Industry: Chemicals & Materials
Global Dicyclopentadiene Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Dicyclopentadiene market was valued at USD 917.2 Million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Dicyclopentadiene market is expected to reach USD 1422.8 Million by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
The global Dicyclopentadiene market is expected to reach USD 1422.8 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. Rising income and purchasing power support the development. These elements have raised the need for components in personal care products in these nations. Health, hygiene, and beauty-related awareness has been growing over time.
Get more details on this report -
Dicyclopentadiene, commonly known as DCPD, is a substance having the chemical formula C10H12. It is a white, brittle wax at room temperature, though lesser purity samples might be liquids with a straw color. Less pure samples have a more overtly unpleasant odor, with the pure substance having a scent that is somewhat comparable to soy wax or camphor. Certain resins and insecticides are produced using DCPD as a chemical intermediary. Additionally, it goes into creating paints, varnishes, and plastic flame retardants. Inks, adhesives, and paints all employ it as well. Most DCPD is released into the environment during its production, usage, transit, or disposal, contaminating the air, water, and soil. DCPD rapidly transforms into less hazardous, simpler compounds when exposed to air. Though, it is stable for a long time in water and soil. When DCPD touches the skin, breathes, or is swallowed, it may have negative health effects. Eye, skin, and throat irritation are the health consequences of brief exposure to DCPD at 1 to 5 parts per million (ppm). When levels reach 0.003 ppm, some people can smell DCPD. However, at this level, no negative consequences are anticipated. It is unlikely that a single, brief encounter will hurt health. Repeated, prolonged exposure may harm the neurological system, kidneys, and lungs. Due to its unique qualities, DCPD resin is a popular choice for truck, car, and machinery outer bodies and vehicle coverings like hoods and shields. In the automotive and other industries, the product is chosen over thermoplastic polymer because it addresses automotive difficulties and lowers costs on the assembly line by consolidating parts. The product provides a superior surface look, which is made possible by using appropriate tools. To obtain the desired image and sporting style, DCPD pieces are finished to a high standard and prepared for painting. Additionally, its anti-corrosion qualities are suitable for maritime parts and caustic or chlorine industries, such as the cell cover. Its utilization in the marine industry will also increase due to its excellent electrical insulation, low thermal conductivity, and full chemical inertness to the reactants and products. Dicyclopentadiene is a petrochemical by-product of ethylene. Dicyclopentadiene is produced mostly from gas oils, crude oil, and naphtha. Therefore, price volatility in these raw materials could ultimately affect the price of the finished product. End users may choose phthalic anhydride and other alternatives as a result. The makers will also be able to choose resins like polyester, vinyl ester, epoxy, and other resins that fulfill the product's requirements due to the fluctuating price of raw materials.
Global Dicyclopentadiene Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 917.2 Million|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||5.0%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 1422.8 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||197|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||108|
|Segments covered:||By Grade, By Application, By Region|
|Companies Covered:||Braskem, Royal Dutch Shell plc (Shell Chemicals), China Petrochemical Corporation, Cymetech Corporation, Maruzen Petrochemical, Zibo Luhua Hongjin New Material Co., LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Nanjing Yuangang Fine Chemical Co., NOVA Chemicals, Texmark Chemicals, Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (TCI Chemicals), Sunny Industrial System GmbH|
|Growth Drivers:||the high purity segment dominated the market with the largest market share|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the market for Dicyclopentadiene based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each of the submarkets. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Dicyclopentadiene market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included in order to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the Dicyclopentadiene market.
- In 2021, the high purity segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 42% and market revenue of 385.2 Million.
Based on the grade, the dicyclopentadiene market is categorized into high purity, hydrocarbon grade, and polyester grade. In 2021, the high purity segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 42% and market revenue of 385.2 Million. The high purity grade segment is likely to account for the highest revenue in the market. In manufacturing flavors and fragrances, ethyl norbornene, cyclic olefin co-polymers, and antioxidants of high purity grade are primarily used. To create resins for a wide range of uses, they can also be employed as raw materials. Ultra-high purity DCPD products offer dicyclopentadiene with a purity level above 98%. Due to improved high purity grade properties, DCPD products have improved cost performance and offer greater value. Due to increased reactivity, less processing waste, manufacture of higher quality end products, and improved physical & chemical properties of final goods, ultra-high purity DCPD products have enhanced qualities in applications and impart improved processing.
- In 2021, the unsaturated polyester resin segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 21% and market revenue of 192.6 Million.
Based on application, the dicyclopentadiene market is categorized into hydrocarbon resins, EPDM elastomers, cyclic olefin polymer (COP) & copolymer (COC), unsaturated polyester resin, and Poly-DCPD. In 2021, the unsaturated polyester resin segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 21% and market revenue of 192.6 Million. The unsaturated polyester resin segment has accounted for the largest revenue in the market. The production of glass Fiber Reinforced Plastics (FRP), which are primarily used in the marine, construction, and transportation industries, requires unsaturated polyester resin as a key component. Additionally, it is employed in manufacturing non-reinforced casting resins that are utilized to create solid-surface countertops, automotive repair putty, and other products like gel coatings, etc. Due to their low styrene content and minimal shrinkage, low-cost thermosetting resins called DCPD unsaturated polyester resins have dominated the industry. Additionally, they offer higher thermo-oxidative resistance, reduced linear shrinkage, and improved processability.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Dicyclopentadiene Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global Dicyclopentadiene market, with a market share of around 37.8% and 346.7 Million of the market revenue in 2021.
- The Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global Dicyclopentadiene market, with a market share of around 37.8% and 346.7 Million of the market revenue in 2021. The Asia Pacific is expected to be the largest market. The largest consumer of dicyclopentadiene is Japan, and other nations such as China, India, South Korea, and Indonesia are anticipated to experience tremendous market growth as a result of the rising demand from the plastics industry and the growing usage of polyester resin in electrical & electronic components, building & construction applications, such as swimming pool and bathtub, as well as its rising demand in the automotive & marine sector. The electronics market in India saw a rise in demand, and market size increased quickly. In 2020–21, India exported electronic items worth USD 11.11 Million. The expanding electronics and appliance sectors in China and India could accelerate market expansion in the Asia-Pacific region.
- The North American market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030. The main cause of the regional demand is the presence of well-developed plastics and automobile manufacturing businesses. Additionally, it has been predicted that easy access to essential petroleum feedstocks will increase the production and demand for dicyclopentadiene in North America.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Dicyclopentadiene market, along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Royal Dutch Shell plc (Shell Chemicals)
- China Petrochemical Corporation
- Cymetech Corporation
- Maruzen Petrochemical
- Zibo Luhua Hongjin New Material Co.
- LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V
- Chevron Phillips Chemical Company
- Nanjing Yuangang Fine Chemical Co.
- NOVA Chemicals
- Texmark Chemicals, Inc.
- The Dow Chemical Company
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (TCI Chemicals)
- Sunny Industrial System GmbH
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In October 2021, KH Chemicals was purchased by Ravago Chemicals. Ravago will significantly improve businesses' basic chemical offers with KH Chemicals.
- In December 2021, Orlen Unipetrol, a Czech company, intends to construct a new facility using recently created technology for the production of dicyclopentadiene (DCPD). The factory will have a 26,000 t/y capacity, and the product will be sold in the second half of 2022. The factory, which will cost 831 million Czech koruna, or $38 million, was not disclosed by the corporation.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Dicyclopentadiene market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Dicyclopentadiene Market, By Grade
- High Purity
- Hydrocarbon Grade
- Polyester Grade
Dicyclopentadiene Market, By Application
- Hydrocarbon Resins
- EPDM Elastomers
- Cyclic Olefin Polymer (COP) & Copolymer (COC)
- Unsaturated Polyester Resin
Dicyclopentadiene Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the global Dicyclopentadiene market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Dicyclopentadiene market was valued at USD 917.2 million in 2021 to USD 1422.8 million by 2030
What is the market growth rate of the global Dicyclopentadiene market?The global Dicyclopentadiene market is growing at a CAGR of 5.0% during the forecast period 2021-2030.
Which region dominates the global Dicyclopentadiene market?The Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for Dicyclopentadiene.
What is the significant driving factor for the Dicyclopentadiene market?Extensive product usage in the automotive and marine sectors will influence the market's growth.
Which factor is limiting the growth of the Dicyclopentadiene market?The availability of substitute products could hamper the market growth.
What is an opportunity for the Dicyclopentadiene market?Increasing demand for the product in end-use industries such as Building and Construction and food & beverage will provide considerable opportunities to the market.
Who are the key players in the global Dicyclopentadiene market?Key players in the Dicyclopentadiene market are Braskem, Royal Dutch Shell plc (Shell Chemicals), China Petrochemical Corporation, Cymetech Corporation, Maruzen Petrochemical, Zibo Luhua Hongjin New Material Co., LyondellBasell Industries Holdings B.V, Chevron Phillips Chemical Company, Nanjing Yuangang Fine Chemical Co., NOVA Chemicals, Texmark Chemicals, Inc., The Dow Chemical Company, Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. (TCI Chemicals), and Sunny Industrial System GmbH.
Need help to buy this report?