Global Cyclodextrin Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Cyclodextrin Market was valued at USD 270.50 Million in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.4% from 2022 to 2030
- The global Cyclodextrin Market is expected to reach USD 365.47 Million by 2030
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Cyclodextrin Market is expected to reach USD 365.47 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. Over the projected period, the demand for Cyclodextrin in the market will increase due to as a result of rising dietary supplement intake and tablet medicine formulation. A favourable environment for the Cyclodextrin market is being created by rising global demand in the pharmaceutical sector for orally prepared pharmaceuticals.
A form of complex cyclic sugar called cyclodextrins is composed of a macrocyclic ring of glucose subunits connected by alpha-1,4 glycosidic connections. When a starch is broken down enzymatically into simple molecules, cyclodextrin is created. The pharmaceutical and chemical industries are using cyclodextrin more frequently as a solvent element in drug delivery. By encasing hydrophobic drug molecules in biological systems, cyclodextrin helps drugs become more stable and bioavailable in water. It is predicted that increased dietary supplement consumption would accelerate market expansion. In the formulation of pharmaceutical and nutraceutical products, excipients like cyclodextrin are used. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, patients have been given a range of antiviral drugs by doctors to aid in their early virus defence. The rising usage of these drugs has increased cyclodextrin consumption, driving the market's expansion throughout the course of the projected period. Increasing infrastructure spending for healthcare, the increasing healthcare spending, which helps to improve its infrastructure, is a crucial element affecting the growth rate of cyclodextrins in the pharmaceutical industry. The market dynamics will be further impacted by different government organisations' efforts to strengthen the healthcare infrastructure by boosting financing. The cyclodextrins in pharmaceutical industry will also grow as a result of growing activities by public and private groups to raise awareness. The cyclodextrins market in the pharmaceutical industry will also develop as a result of the rapidly shifting consumer attitudes about health and the increasing usage of cyclodextrins in renal disorders. The rise of the cyclodextrins in the pharmaceutical industry will also benefit from increased investments in the creation of cutting-edge technologies and an increase in the number of new markets. On the other hand, the high cost of medicine research and delivery will slow the market's expansion. The cyclodextrins market in the pharmaceutical industry would be challenged by the shortage of trained experts and a lack of healthcare infrastructure in developing nations. During the projection period of 2022–2029, severe regulatory rules along with obstacles to performing diagnostic tests would further constrain and hamper market expansion. The epidemic has slowed healthcare industry growth and messed up the supply chain. In order to stop the spread of COVID-19, governments in numerous countries had also implemented countrywide lockdowns. Similar issues prevented healthcare firms throughout the world from carrying out their supply chain operations. The slowness of the supply chain hurt the sales of cyclodextrins in the pharmaceutical industry. But now that COVID-19 vaccinations are widely accessible, several authorities are working to ensure that supplies of life-saving drugs and vaccines continue uninterrupted. The market is expected to stabilise as a result in the future.
This research report categorizes the Market for global Cyclodextrin based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Cyclodextrin Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Cyclodextrin Market sub-segments.
Global Cyclodextrin Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 270.50 Million|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||3.4%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 365.47 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||207|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||108|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Cambrex Corporation, Cayman Chemical, Wellona Pharma, Wacker Chemie AG, Cyclolab, Tocopharm Co. Limited, Roquette Frères, Midas Pharma GmbH, Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cyclo Therapeutics, Inc., Zibo Qianhui biological technology co., ltd, Xi'an Deli Biochemical Industry Co., Ltd, Merck KgaA, Otto Chemie Pvt. Ltd., VIO CHEMICALS, Ashland, and TCI Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Due to the increasing number of COVID-19 cases|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Beta Oil segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 42.6% and a Market revenue of 115.23 Million.
Based on the Type, the Cyclodextrin Market is categorized into Alpha, Beta and Gamma. In 2021, the Beta Oil segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 42.6% and a Market revenue of 115.23 Million. Throughout the forecast period, the Beta segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position because of a number of causes, Remdesivir injectable medications are frequently made with beta cyclodextrin because it is more affordable and widely accessible than other cyclodextrins. Beta cyclodextrins can be added to meals to improve the quality of the finished item. Beta cyclodextrins improve the food's look and attractiveness while also improving taste. By preventing contamination and extending the shelf life of the items, it also offers food safety. Additionally, they innovate the sensory attributes of food items. These reasons explain why green tea drinks and other food products frequently include beta cyclodextrin.
- In 2021, the Pharmaceutical segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 30.6% and a Market revenue of 82.77 Million.
Based on the application, the Cyclodextrin Market is categorized Pharmaceutical, Food & beverage, Chemicals, Cosmetics & personal care and Others. In 2021, the Pharmaceutical segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 30.6% and a Market revenue of 82.77 Million. Throughout the forecast period, the Pharmaceutical segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR because Clodextrins are used to improve the water solubility of poorly soluble medicines in pharmaceutical and nutraceutical goods. They transform liquid medications into an amorphous powder or microcrystalline form, which is why they are mostly employed to make tablets. They also lessen the gastrointestinal medications' irritating side effects. These reasons explain why cyclodextrin is primarily employed in pharmaceutical formulations and has a high level of drug compatibility.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Cyclodextrin Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Cyclodextrin Market, with a Market share of around 32.2% and 87.10 Million of the Market revenue in 2021.
- North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Cyclodextrin Market, with a Market share of around 32.2% and 87.10 Million of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Cyclodextrin is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market. The market for Cyclodextrin was dominated by the North America region mostly due to the significant concentration of players in the pharmaceutical and nutraceutical industries. In this area, the market for pharmaceutical and nutraceutical excipients is developed. Due to this, despite its sluggish growth in comparison to other areas, it generates a lot of money. Consumers' busy and chaotic lifestyles and the prevalence of chronic illnesses are two factors influencing the expansion of cyclodextrins in North America. These lifestyles have made it necessary for consumers to rely on dietary supplements to meet their daily nutritional needs.
- Asia Pacific Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, because there is an increase in consumer demand for cyclodextrin molecules in Asia Pacific area for medicinal applications. Additionally, the expansion of healthcare infrastructure and growing government efforts will accelerate this region's market growth.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Cyclodextrin Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Cambrex Corporation
- Cayman Chemical
- Wellona Pharma
- Wacker Chemie AG
- Tocopharm Co. Limited
- Roquette Frères
- Midas Pharma GmbH
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated
- Cyclo Therapeutics, Inc.
- Zibo Qianhui biological technology co., ltd
- Xi'an Deli Biochemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Merck KGaA
- Otto Chemie Pvt. Ltd.
- VIO CHEMICALS
- TCI Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In March 2020, Remdesivir (GS-5734), a potential antiviral drug sold under the brand name "Veklury," was discovered and was created by the American biotech company Gilead Sciences, Inc. for the treatment of COVID-19 infection.
- In February 2021, RotaChrom Technologies and Cyclolab Cyclodextrin Research & Development Laboratory Ltd. have joined forces, according to the announcement. This collaborative partnership between Cyclolab and RotaChrom intends to provide a more effective and affordable method for purifying Remdesivir, a COVID-19 therapy option that is extensively utilised.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Cyclodextrin Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Cyclodextrin Market, By Type
Global Cyclodextrin Market, By Application
- Food & beverage
- Cosmetics & personal care
Global Cyclodextrin Market, Regional Analysis
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Cyclodextrin market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Cyclodextrin market was valued at USD 270.50 million in 2021 to USD 365.47 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Cyclodextrin market?The Cyclodextrin market is growing at a CAGR of 3.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Cyclodextrin market?North America emerged as the largest market for Cyclodextrin.
Who are the key players in the Cyclodextrin market?Key players in the Cyclodextrin market are Cambrex Corporation, Cayman Chemical, Wellona Pharma, Wacker Chemie AG, Cyclolab, Tocopharm Co. Limited, Roquette Frères, Midas Pharma GmbH, Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Cyclo Therapeutics, Inc., Zibo Qianhui biological technology co., ltd, Xi'an Deli Biochemical Industry Co., Ltd, Merck KGaA, Otto Chemie Pvt. Ltd., VIO CHEMICALS, Ashland, and TCI Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Which factor drives the growth of the Cyclodextrin market?Increasing investment for healthcare infrastructure is expected to drives the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?