Global CRISPR Gene Editing Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global CRISPR gene editing market was valued at USD 2,011 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 30% from 2021 to 2030
- The global CRISPR gene editing market is expected to reach USD 21,325 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global CRISPR gene editing market is expected to reach USD 21,325 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 30% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The governments of different countries all over the world have invested significant amounts of money in genomics research over the course of the past several years, which has facilitated the discovery and investigation of novel CRISPR genome editing technologies. In addition, the availability of financing assistance has made it possible for academic institutions and government agencies to carry out considerable research in the field of genome engineering.
The Clustered Regularly Interspaced Short Palindromic Repeats (CRISPR) technology is a nucleic acid-targeting editing tool for the genome that is both straightforward and very effective. Researchers are able to readily change DNA sequences and adjust gene activity thanks to this tool. It has the potential to be used in a variety of contexts, including repairing genetic abnormalities, curing illnesses, and preventing diseases from spreading. Previous methods of editing DNA, such as ZFNs (Zinc Finger Nucleases) and TALENs, are being replaced by this new technology because it is more precise, quicker, and less expensive (Transcription Activator-Like Effector Nucleases). Researchers are concentrating on its application in animal models or human cells that have been isolated from the body, with the goal of employing the technique for the routine treatment of illnesses in humans. A recently discovered virus known as COVID-19 is the causative agent of an illness that is communicable. In response to the worldwide burden of the COVID-19 pandemic, prominent pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies and participants in the CRISPR genome market have begun research and development of vaccines. Genome editing methods are currently at the head of the line due to the growing need for vaccines and potential antiviral treatments. Over the next few years, expanding research and development activities related to CRISPR gene editing is anticipated to be the primary driver of market growth. For instance, CRISPR Therapeutics and Vertex launched the first-in-human clinical study with CRISPR genome editing technology in 2018. In the study in Regensburg, Germany, an experimental treatment for the blood condition known as beta-thalassemia was put through its paces.
This research report categorizes the market for the global CRISPR gene editing market based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global CRISPR gene editing market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global CRISPR gene editing market sub-segments.
Global CRISPR Gene Editing Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 2,011 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||30%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 21,325 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||240|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||108|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA (Sigma-Aldrich), OriGene Technologies, Inc., New England Biolabs, Cellecta, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Applied StemCell, Inc., Synthego, Genscript, Mirus Bio LLC, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc., Mammoth Biosciences, Inc.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the cell Line and engineering segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 32% and market revenue of 643.5 billion.
Based on type, the CRISPR Gene Editing Market is categorized into Cell Line and Engineering, Screening Services, gRNA design, Vector Construction, and Others. In 2021, the cell line and engineering segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 32% and market revenue of 643.5 billion. Because of the widespread use of gene-manipulation methods in stem cell research, the cell line and engineering sector of the gene editing market is particularly dominant. The use of CRISPR technology has improved the productivity of CHO cell lines, which has led to an increase in the application of this technology in the manufacturing of biopharmaceuticals, which has directly increased this segment's revenue.
- In 2021, the biomedical segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 31% and market revenue of 623.4 billion.
Based on application, the CRISPR Gene Editing Market is categorized into Biomedical, Agriculture, Industrial, and Others. In 2021, the biomedical segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 31% and market revenue of 623.4 billion. The biomedical applications sector is the most important market segment. The rising application of CRISPR gene-editing techniques in an expanding number of subfields within the biomedical sciences is a key factor in the increased revenue generated by this market segment. The category is likely driven during the projection period by the significant research conducted in the biomedical area.
Regional Segment Analysis of the CRISPR Gene Editing Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global CRISPR Gene Editing Market, with a market share of around 34.98% and 2,011 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global CRISPR Gene Editing Market, with a market share of around 34.98% and 2,011 billion of the market revenue. The region's domination has been considerably contributed to by the growing biopharmaceutical research and development industry and the active participation of numerous pharmaceutical corporations in creating innovative medicines through the implementation of genome editing techniques. In addition, the United States has the highest number of CRISPR publications, which is indicative of the country's considerable research in the field.
- The Asia-Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, owing to the increasing demand for applications such as Biomedical, Agriculture, Industrial, and Others. This can be related to the rising number of clinical trials that are now taking place in the region as well as the developing research into gene editing techniques. It is anticipated that the expanding use of CRISPR technology in Asian nations like China and Japan would further assist the expansion of the market in the area.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global CRISPR gene editing market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Merck KGaA (Sigma-Aldrich)
- OriGene Technologies, Inc.
- New England Biolabs
- Cellecta, Inc.
- Agilent Technologies, Inc.
- Applied StemCell, Inc.
- Mirus Bio LLC
- Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc.
- Mammoth Biosciences, Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In 2020 Genome Canada received funding in the range of USD 14-15 million from the Canadian government. This funding was provided by the Ministry of Innovation, Science, and Industry Science and went toward supporting research in 11 CRISPR genome editing projects in the fields of health (reproduction and cancer), agriculture, and environmental preservation.
- In 2021, a new gene-editing platform was introduced as part of a research initiative to promote CRISPR genome editing by the University of Liverpool. This endeavor was carried out in conjunction with Inscripta.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global CRISPR gene editing market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global CRISPR Gene Editing Market, By Type
- Cell Line and Engineering
- Screening Services
- gRNA design and Vector Construction
Global CRISPR Gene Editing Market, By Application
- Others CRISPR
Global Gene Editing Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market was valued at USD 2,011 billion in 2021 to USD 21,325 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market?The CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market is growing at a CAGR of 30% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market?North America emerged as the largest market for CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses.
Who are the key players in the CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market?Key players in the CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market are Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Merck KGaA (Sigma-Aldrich), OriGene Technologies, Inc., New England Biolabs, Cellecta, Inc., Agilent Technologies, Inc., Applied StemCell, Inc., Synthego, Genscript, Mirus Bio LLC, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc., Mammoth Biosciences, Inc.
Which factor drives the growth of the CRISPR Gene Editing Lenses market?Chronic diseases are becoming more common driving the market's growth.
Need help to buy this report?