Global Cosmetic Preservatives Market Size Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Cosmetic Preservatives Market Size was valued at USD 920 million in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2022 to 2030
- The Global Cosmetic Preservatives Market Size is expected to reach USD 1,901.3 million by 2030
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
The Global Cosmetic Preservatives Market Size is expected to reach USD 1,901.3 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.4% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The market is driven by the expansion of numerous applications, including lotions, shampoos, sunscreens, and hair oils. Factors including shifting lifestyles, growing awareness of personal hygiene, and purchasing power are anticipated to propel market expansion during the projected period.
Get more details on this report -
Preservatives for cosmetics are used to stop changes and decay brought on by microorganisms and contaminants during production, transportation, storage, or consumer usage. Moisturizers, creams, lotions, and scents all contain these preservatives, which is expected to spur corporate expansion. The need for plant and herbal extracts in cosmetic applications as well as rising dermatological awareness are propelling the growth of the cosmetics preservatives market. Positive application outlooks in sectors like toiletries, fragrances, skincare, and haircare are anticipating company growth. The need for synthetic & chemical preservatives in products is projected to increase due to the growing need for rapid, affordable, and speedy solutions. Regarding numerous focused solutions, such as creams, lotions, anti-aging serums, moisturizers, and hair care products, they are easily customizable. Cosmetics are preserved to halt alterations and deterioration brought on by bacteria and pollutants throughout manufacturing, transit, storage, and consumer use. These preservatives are found in a variety of products, including moisturizers, creams, lotions, and fragrances, which are predicted to encourage company growth. The demand for plant and herbal extracts in cosmetic applications, along with growing dermatological awareness, is boosting the market for cosmetic preservatives. Positive application forecasts for industries including toiletries, fragrances, skincare, and haircare predict company expansion. The demand for quick, inexpensive, and quick solutions is expected to increase, which will lead to an increase in the requirement for synthetic & chemical preservatives in products. Numerous targeted treatments, including creams, lotions, anti-aging serums, moisturizers, and hair care items, are readily customizable. With automated processing technology, major businesses have noticed a fall in demand from both home and foreign markets. However, the pandemic has positively affected applications related to toiletries and hygiene, which will drive the market throughout the projection period.
Global Cosmetic Preservatives Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 920 Million|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||8.4%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 1,901.3 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||198|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||108|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, by Region|
|Companies Covered:||Brenntag AG, Lonza, Penta Manufacturing Company, Forbes Pharmaceuticals, Thor Group Ltd, Indian Spice Oil Industries, Expo Essential Oils, Chemipol, Clariant AG, Ashland, BASF, Sharon Laboratories, Dadia Chemical Industries, Gujarat Organics Limited, Symrise AG|
|Growth Drivers:||In 2021, the natural segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 63% and market revenue of 579.6 million.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report on cosmetic preservatives categorizes the market for cosmetic preservatives based on various segments and regions and forecasts revenue growth and analyzes trends in each of the submarkets. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges that influence the cosmetic preservatives market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each sub-segments of the cosmetic preservatives market.
- In 2021, the natural segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 63% and market revenue of 579.6 million.
Based on the type, the cosmetic preservatives market is bifurcated into natural and synthetic cosmetic preservatives. In 2021, the liquid form segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 63% and market revenue of 579.6 million. The availability of natural preservatives over synthetic ones, along with growing public awareness of the dangers of chemical additives, should increase customer demand for products. Consumers' growing worry over synthetic chemicals' potential carcinogenic effects and product safety has encouraged the usage of natural and organic alternatives, which may benefit industry statistics. Typically utilized in cosmetic formulations as natural preservatives are antioxidants such as tocopherol and ascorbic acid, essential oils, organic acids, and plant extracts. The adoption of the product should be fueled by the growing acceptability of novel components as well as technological developments in the extraction methods for natural preservatives.
- In 2021, the skincare segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 23% and a market revenue of 211.6 million.
Based on the application, the cosmetic preservatives market is categorized into haircare, skincare, baby products, wet wipes & perfume, toiletries, and others. In 2021, the skin care segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 23% and market revenue of 211.6 million. The skincare segment has accounted for the highest revenue in the market since the consumption of skincare products is increasing due to changes in consumer preference for natural skincare products. Preparations for skin care often include cosmetic preservatives such as essential oils, natural antioxidants, plant extracts, parabens, and organic acids. These substances aid in preserving product stability, aesthetic appeal, and quality during the course of its shelf life. Forecasts for the business should be driven by rising consumer demand for cosmetics that have a functional purpose, such as sun care and anti-aging treatments. Antioxidants including vitamin E, ascorbic acid, and essential oils are essential in preventing the oxidation of oil-based formulations and active components, which increases the need for the product. The business environment is predicted to be driven by increased customer preference for maintaining youthful skin and rising demand for skin care goods such as body lotions, sunscreens, and moisturizers. The need for skincare products is being driven by consumers' increased knowledge of sun protection for skin and anti-aging skincare solutions.
Regional Segment Analysis of the cosmetic preservatives Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest market for the global cosmetic preservatives market, with a market share of around 36% and 331.2 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global cosmetic preservatives market, with a market share of around 36% and 331.2 million of the market revenue. The market for cosmetic preservatives in the North American region has been expanding owing to rising disposable incomes and changing consumer habits. Regional need for natural cosmetic preservatives should increase due to the high desire for organic beauty products to counteract the detrimental effects of sun, dust, and other elements. Sales of toiletries are being driven by changing consumer lifestyles and an expanding FMCG market in North America, which should be positive for the overall business environment. Growing R&D efforts have produced a wide range of soaps and other toiletry goods that will increase regional market share.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period, as the increased awareness of the importance of self-care has increased per capita spending on personal care goods in nations like Japan and India. These areas' growth is also aided by the rising millennial population there. The regional market will grow due to the abundance of raw materials and the rise of the dairy industry. The proliferation of food manufacturers along with convenient transportation and storage options made possible by interconnected networks will hasten regional market expansion even more. Moreover, it is anticipated that the demand for the product will be fueled by the quick rise of emerging markets including skincare kits, anti-agers, and face masks.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global cosmetic preservatives market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Brenntag AG
- Penta Manufacturing Company
- Forbes Pharmaceuticals
- Thor Group Ltd
- Indian Spice Oil Industries
- Expo Essential Oils
- Clariant AG
- Sharon Laboratories
- Dadia Chemical Industries
- Gujarat Organics Limited
- Symrise AG
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In March 2022, Sharon Labs and RES Pharma Industriale, an Italian manufacturer of specialty chemicals in Trezzo sull'Adda, reached an agreement (RPI). The RPI acquisition is anticipated to close in March 2022, and Sharon Laboratories' Personal Care division will combine RPI's technology, R&D, production, commercial development, and customer service capabilities.
- In November 2020, Under the SENSICARE C 2060 brand, Chemipol introduced a new product line with antimicrobial qualities that are used to safeguard cosmetic formulations. With this introduction, the company hopes to expand its product line in response to the rising demand for cosmetic formulas.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global cosmetic preservatives market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Cosmetic Preservatives Market, By Product
Cosmetic Preservatives Market, By Application
- Baby products
- Wet Wipes & Perfume
Cosmetic Preservatives Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the global cosmetic preservatives market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the global cosmetic preservatives market was valued at USD 920 million in 2021 to USD 1,901.3 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the cosmetic preservatives market?The global cosmetic preservatives market is growing at a CAGR of 8.4% from 2021-2030.
Which region dominates the global cosmetic preservatives market?North America emerged as the largest market for cosmetic preservatives.
What is the significant driving factor for the cosmetic preservatives market?The growth of various applications such as lotions, shampoos, sunscreens, and hair oils will influence the market's growth.
Which factor is limiting the growth of the cosmetic preservatives market?Stringent government regulations could hamper the market growth.
Who are the key players in the Asia Pacific cosmetic preservatives market?Key players of the cosmetic preservatives market are Brenntag AG, Lonza, Penta Manufacturing Company, Forbes Pharmaceuticals, Thor Group Ltd, Indian Spice Oil Industries, Expo Essential Oils, Chemipol, Clariant AG, Ashland, BASF, Sharon Laboratories, Dadia Chemical Industries, Gujarat Organics Limited, and Symrise AG.
Need help to buy this report?