Global Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market Size was valued at USD 3.14 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 7.6% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market is expected to reach USD 7.57 Billion by 2032
- North America is expected to Grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market Size is expected to reach USD 7.57 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032. This expansion is primarily driven by technological innovation, which is leading to greater precision and accurate measurement methods. Furthermore, the growing demand for quality assurance in manufacturing is propelling the coordinate measuring machine market forward. In addition to the existence of a significant number of manufacturers in the Asia Pacific, the region is predicted to expand the most over the projection period.
A Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) is a piece of machinery that measures the geometric shape of material objects by using a probe to detect individual locations on the surface of the object. CMMs incorporate a variety of probes, the most popular of which are mechanical and laser sensors, while optical and white light sensors are also available. CMMs are frequently used in manufacturing and assembly operations to validate an object or assembly against its conceptual objective. They may also be utilized for creating geometric features such as cylinders and planes, as well as assessing Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) properties such as roundness, flatness, and perpendicularity. The benefits of employing CMMs over physical examinations or checks performed with traditional metrology equipment like as micrometers and height gauges are rapidity, precision, and less human error.
The major key players in the global coordinate measuring machines market include Nikon Corporation, Dukin, Eley Metrology, Keyence Corporation, Hexagon, Mitutoyo, FARO Technologies, Micro-Vu, and Applied Automation Tech. These key players have adopted strategies such as product portfolio expansion, mergers & acquisitions, agreements, geographical expansion, and collaborations to enhance their market penetration. For instance, in April 2023, Hexagon's Manufacturing Intelligence business has introduced the Leitz PMM-C ultra-high accuracy coordinate measuring machines (CMMs). To accomplish the greatest possible measurement in high-precision applications with very tight form tolerances, the Leitz PMM-C model employs ultra-high precision fixed probe heads.
Coordinate measuring machines are used in the CMM industry to test parts or assemblies against the design that is fixed throughout the production and assembly process. For various forms of engineering or designing of machinery, the 3-dimensional measurement consisting of x, y, and z axes points is carefully recorded and evaluated using a regression-based method. The growth of manufacturing sectors daily necessitates highly precise and precisely calibrated measurements, accumulating significant cost and effort.
Global Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 3.14 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:||7.6%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 7.57 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2018-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||120|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Verticals, By Region.|
|Companies Covered:||Nikon Corporation, Dukin, Eley Metrology, Keyence Corporation, Hexagon, Mitutoyo, FARO Technologies, Micro-Vu, Applied Automation Tech, Redlux, Aberlink, Creaform, Sipcon Instrument Industries, Alicona Imaging, Chien Wei Precise Technology, Fowler High Precision.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
The growing demand for precise dimensional measurement and accurate geometric assessment in manufacturing, aerospace, automotive, military, and other industrial machinery and components is driving the market for coordinate measuring machines market. Multiple processes such as measuring items for evaluation, design, assessment, or reconstruction, among others, can be conveniently conducted with these CMM market equipment. Furthermore, the scarcity of skilled machine operators pushes companies toward the usage of such fully autonomous machines. As a result, there is a greater demand for coordinate measuring machines that offer a high level of accuracy with automated functionalities in the industrial design and manufacturing process, which is projected to boost the coordinate measuring machine market.
The rising popularity of three-dimensional data in modeling and statistical applications, increased investment in research and development on creating metrology products, and a growing automotive sector are among the drivers driving the coordinate measuring machine market growth. Moreover, the CMM market is being propelled by the growing adoption of industrial IoT for integrating IT with operational technology in order to maximize applications in real time. The broad and readily available utilization of automated technology in industrial inspection as well as quality control for efficiently managing monotonous procedures in order to monitor and regulate real-time three-dimensional information for boosting production output, speed, and precision is stimulating the coordinate measuring machine market.
The primary obstacle with coordinate measurement machines is a shortage of competent personnel to handle the activities. In addition, the cost of establishing a coordinate measuring machine facility is significant. The additional expense of software and other associated equipment, such as computers and probes, adds significantly to the entire cost, particularly for firms with limited manufacturing capacity. As a result, numerous SMEs manufacturers subcontract their inspection or CMM requirements, especially as part of product development and manufacturing process phases.
By Type Insights
The portable segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of type, the global coordinate measuring machine (CMM) market is segmented into the fixed and portable. Among these, the portable segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 46.3% over the forecast period. The portable CMMs tend to be relatively simple to use and provide the best versatility for metrology tasks, thus they are becoming more popular in the automotive, heavy industrial, and energy & power segments. Furthermore, the portable CMM segment is divided into articulated arms and handheld. An articulated arm's operation is less complicated, and it is extremely adaptable for precision measurement tasks. Because of its capability to perform rapid measurement with the aid of laser scanners, the articulated CMM is employed in the point-cloud inspection or reverse engineering mobile applications. The portable articulated arm CMM is simple to operate and can take rapid and precise physical measurements of any object within the specified range.
By Verticals Insights
The heavy machinery segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 43.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of verticals, the global coordinate measuring machine (CMM) market is segmented into automotive, aerospace, heavy machinery, energy & power, electronics, medical, and others. Among these, the heavy machinery segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 43.2% over the forecast period. Coordinate measuring machine adoption is predicted to increase significantly during the projection period due to their ability to offer onsite dimensional measurements to producers of heavy equipment such as earthmoving, excavation, and farming machinery. Given this emphasis, the specific industries with the most potential for growth are CNC machinery, autonomous systems, 3D printing equipment, and cost-effective and environmental protection equipment.
Furthermore, the electronics segment is predicted to develop at the most rapid CAGR during the projection period. Coordinate measuring machines are employed in the electronics sector to examine the size and uniformity of different applications such as mobile phones, camera inspection, semiconductor technology, optoelectronics, and numerous others. The change from off-line quality assurance to in-line quality inspection in the electronics industry to save time and achieve accurate measurements will drive the worldwide coordinate measuring machine market even further.
Asia Pacific dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific is dominating the market with more than 43.7% market share over the forecast period. This dominance can be linked to the growing potential of the automotive sector, which is being driven by population expansion. The heavy machinery industry is quickly expanding, which has fueled the demand for CMMs in India and China. Growing technology integration understanding, as well as the growing concentration of leading economies like China and Japan on heavy machinery industries, represent some of the main trends that drive Asia Pacific's highest share of the global market. The explosive development of newly industrialized nations such as China and India's automotive, heavy machinery, and aerospace industries has led to the expansion of the Asian Pacific region's coordinate measuring machine market. The key aspects that contribute to making the Asia Pacific an attractive marketplace for CMMs include funding for heavy machinery research and development and an enormous industrial base, with China and Japan being the most significant contributors.
North America, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. The aerospace manufacturing market in North America is leading-edge and intensely demanding. As tolerance standards become more stringent, there is an increasing need for high-performance machine tools and coordinate measuring machines with a high accuracy capability. Furthermore, the demand for coordinate measuring machines in North America, with a focus on the United States, is being significantly pushed by the region's growing defense, aerospace, and automotive industries.
List of Key Market Players
- Nikon Corporation
- Eley Metrology
- Keyence Corporation
- FARO Technologies
- Applied Automation Tech
- Sipcon Instrument Industries
- Alicona Imaging
- Chien Wei Precise Technology
- Fowler High Precision
Key Market Developments
- On May 2023, Mitutoyo America Corporation has expanded its trade-in and trade-up program for Mitutoyo Coordinate Measuring Machines, Vision Measuring Systems, and Form Measuring Systems. The Mitutoyo Trade-In Trade-Up Program allows you to upgrade to newer, more technologically advanced Mitutoyo precision measurement equipment for less money and with less hassle. Mitutoyo will provide a substantial trade-in allowance for outdated CMMs, Vision, or Form Measuring Systems to be used toward the purchase of a new Mitutoyo precision measuring equipment.
- On January 2023, Av8 Group has introduced a second coordinate measurement machine system (CMMS) for the production of FAA-approved parts through the parts manufacturer approval (PMA) process. The new system allows for more efficient measurement of larger parts, improving the efficiency and value of the Houston-based company's landing gear refurbishment operation.
- On February 2022, Made to Measure has introduced the AccuFLEX range of coordinate measuring machines (CMMs). This new machine series, built in the United States, includes bridge, shop floor, horizontal, and gantry variants to service a variety of industries and applications. Furthermore, the AccuFLEX CMM line conveniently collects non-contact measurements at the greatest accuracy level using Nikon's L100 and LC15DX CMM laser scanners.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market, Type Analysis
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market, Verticals Analysis
- Heavy Machinery
- Energy & Power
Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) market?The Global Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Market is expected to grow from USD 3.14 billion in 2022 to USD 6.57 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Nikon Corporation, Dukin, Eley Metrology, Keyence Corporation, Hexagon, Mitutoyo, FARO Technologies, Micro-Vu, Applied Automation Tech, Redlux, Aberlink, Creaform, Sipcon Instrument Industries, Alicona Imaging, Chien Wei Precise Technology, and Fowler High Precision
3. Which segment dominated the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) market share?The heavy machinery segment in verticals type dominated the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 43.2%.
4. Which region is dominating the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) market?Asia Pacific is dominating the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) market with more than 43.7% market share.
5. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) market?The portable segment based on type holds the maximum market share of the Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) market.
Need help to buy this report?