Global Cluster Headache Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis By Type (Episodic and Chronic), By Route of Administration (Oral, Intravenous, Topical, and Others), By Distribution Channel (Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global Cluster Headache Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Cluster Headache Market was valued at USD 355.2 billion in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Cluster Headache Market is expected to reach USD 626.0 billion by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Cluster Headache Market is expected to reach USD 626.0 billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 6.5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The growth of the elderly population, the rising incidence and prevalence of cluster headache syndrome, and the development of new technologies in the healthcare sector are the primary factors driving the market growth. The diagnosis rate of cluster headaches has grown as a direct result of rising discretionary spending levels and improved health awareness among the general population.
The primary headache disorder known as cluster headache is one of the most severe types of headache. Additionally, it is also known as Trigeminal Autonomic Cephalgias. It can affect anyone at any age, although it strikes males more frequently than women and affects an average of one in every 500 people. Some of the most important symptoms include a prominent autonomic disturbance, which can cause bloodshot eyes, droopy, puffy, twitch, or tear; the nose will often feel blocked or may run; the ear may feel full, or there may be tinnitus, and the skin may get flushed and sweat. All these symptoms can be caused by an imbalance in the autonomic nervous system. In contrast to the chronic type, the majority of these instances are of the episodic variety. It has a complicated etiology, and the mechanism of pain development is not fully known. The worldwide cluster headache market expansion is anticipated to be driven by the rising incidence of people suffering from cluster headaches who have a positive family history of the condition. For example, according to a research article that was published by BMC (Bio med central) in April 2020, a systematic review and meta-analysis were carried out in accordance with the guidelines. This study was published in the Journal of Medical Systematics and Informatics. It was discovered that the estimated prevalence of cluster headache patients who had a family history was around 6.27%.
This research report categorizes the market for global cluster headaches based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global cluster headache market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global cluster headache market sub-segments.
Global Cluster Headache Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 355.2 billion|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||6.5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 626.0 billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||230|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||131|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Route of Administration, By Distribution Channel, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||AstraZeneca Plc., Autonomic Technologies, Inc., ElectroCore Medical LLC, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Winston Pharmaceuticals Inc., Zosano Pharma, Eli Lily and Company, Lundback Seattle BioPharmaceutical, Novartis AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Grünenthal,, AbbVie Inc., Allergan, Merck & Co., Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Amgen Inc.|
|Growth Drivers:||Furthermore, the increased investment in the development of health infrastructure, in addition to a growing population base of senior citizens, adds impetus to the market’s growth.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the Chronic segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60% and market revenue of 213.1 billion.
Based on the type, the Cluster Headache Market is categorized into Episodic and Chronic. In 2021, the chronic segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 60% and market revenue of 213.1 billion. The chronic type of cluster headache affects most patients. The episodic form of the cluster headache may progress over time into the chronic form, or it may be chronic from the beginning, which propels the segment’s growth.
- In 2021, the Intravenous segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 29% and a market revenue of 103 billion.
Based on route of administration type, the Cluster Headache Market is categorized into Oral, Intravenous, Topical, and Others. In 2021, intravenous dominated the market with the largest market share of 29% and market revenue of 103 billion. The growth of the intravenous market is anticipated to be driven by factors such as the rising use of the intravenous drugs in treating cluster headaches.
- In 2021, the Hospital Pharmacies segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39% and market revenue of 138.5 billion.
Based on the distribution channel, the Cluster Headache Market is categorized as Retail Pharmacies, Hospital Pharmacies, and Online Pharmacies. In 2021, the hospital pharmacies segment dominated the market with the largest market share of 39% and market revenue of 138.5 billion. Hospital pharmacies are expected to have a high growth rate owing to the increase in both private and public hospital pharmacies' funding for the treatment of cluster headaches, as well as an accompanying rise in awareness for the need for early diagnosis. These are the primary reasons driving the expansion of this segment.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Cluster Headache Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Cluster Headache Market, with a market share of around 39% and 355.2 billion of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Cluster Headache Market, with a market share of around 39% and 355.2 billion of the market revenue. The advanced healthcare infrastructure in the North American region and the emergence of advanced technology to diagnose the disease propel the market’s growth in the region. Furthermore, the rising prevalence of migraines is the primary factor contributing to the region's increasing share of the global cluster headache market.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030. The cluster headache market in the Asia Pacific region has been growing owing to people's increased lifestyle and a large population pool in the region. Furthermore, the increased investment in the development of health infrastructure, in addition to a growing population base of senior citizens, adds impetus to the market’s growth.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global cluster headache market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- AstraZeneca Plc.
- Autonomic Technologies, Inc.
- ElectroCore Medical LLC
- GlaxoSmithKline Plc.
- Winston Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Zosano Pharma
- Eli Lily and Company
- Lundback Seattle BioPharmaceutical
- Novartis AG
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited
- AbbVie Inc.
- Merck & Co., Inc.
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
- Amgen Inc.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In December 2019, Eli Lilly and Company, get approval from food and drug administration on Galcanezumab, which is used as an antibody for cluster headaches.
- In June 2019, Emgality (galcanezumab-gnlm) solution for injection was approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of episodic cluster headaches in adults.
- In June 2019, To transfer the rights to its two neurology medications, Zembrace and Tosymra, Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, an Indian multinational pharmaceutical company, signed an asset purchase agreement with Upsher-Smith, a generics company with headquarters in the U.S. These medications are used to treat migraine and cluster headaches, respectively, and can be given orally, topically, intravenously, and in other ways.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global cluster headache market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Cluster Headache Market, By Type
Global Cluster Headache Market, By Route of Administration
Global Cluster Headache Market, By Distribution Channel
- Retail Pharmacies
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Cluster Headache Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- THE US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
- Driver- Increasing global geriatric population
- Restraint- Insufficient awareness among healthcare providers
- Opportunity- Development of novel therapeutic
- Challenge- Unfavorable healthcare policies
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Cluster Headache market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Cluster Headache market was valued at USD 355.2 billion in 2021 to USD 626.0 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Cluster Headache market?The Cluster Headache market is growing at a CAGR of 6.5% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Cluster Headache market?North America emerged as the largest market for Cluster Headaches.
Who are the key players in the Cluster Headache market?Key players in the Cluster Headache market are AstraZeneca Plc., Autonomic Technologies, Inc., ElectroCore Medical LLC, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Winston Pharmaceuticals Inc., Zosano Pharma, Eli Lily and Company, Lundback Seattle BioPharmaceutical, Novartis AG, Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited, Grünenthal, AbbVie Inc., Allergan, Merck & Co., Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Amgen Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd, Amgen Inc.
Which factor drives the growth of the Cluster Headache market?The increasing global geriatric population drives the market's growth.
Need help to buy this report?