Global Chlorine Dioxide Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Chlorine Dioxide Market was valued at USD 950.50 Million in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2030
- The global Chlorine Dioxide Market is expected to reach USD 1525.87 Million by 2030
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Chlorine Dioxide Market is expected to reach USD 1525.87 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. Chlorine dioxide is widely used in elemental chlorine-free (ECF) bleaching for wood pulp in the paper sector, as a pre-oxidant in water treatment, and in fumigant treatment for the cleanliness of fruits and poultry, which is the main factor driving the market revenue growth.
The chemical compound chlorine dioxide, usually referred to as chlorine(IV) oxide, is most frequently seen as a yellowish-green gas, however it can also appear on occasion as a reddish-brown liquid and vivid orange crystals. It is put in drinking water because it helps to kill bacteria, viruses, and parasites like Giardia lamblia and Cryptosporidium parvum that might make people sick. It also has a number of uses in the paper industry, water treatment, and the food and beverage industries. The need for clean drinking water has increased as a result of the rapid urbanisation occurring in developing nations like China, India, and Brazil. In addition, it is anticipated that government programmes like the "Jal Jeevan Mission" initiated by the Indian government would increase demand for chlorine dioxide in order to clean and supply safe drinking water to both urban and rural residents. In addition, there is an increasing need for chlorine dioxide to cleanse water and make it safe for drinking due to the rise in waterborne illness rates throughout the world, particularly in developing nations.
This pollution is caused by the dispersion of industrial waste into natural water sources. The demand for ready-to-eat and fast food has significantly increased throughout the world as a result of increasing industrialization and a fast pace of life in both developed and developing nations. As a result, there is a large growth in demand for chlorine dioxide in the food and beverage sector to be used as an antibacterial agent in water for washing fruits and vegetables or processing chicken. Due to its high flammability and reactivity, chlorine dioxide presents a risk of fire and explosion. May blow up when heated, exposed to sunshine, shocked, or exposed to sparks. The compound is an effective oxidizer. It interacts with compounds that are decreasing and combustible. strongly reacts with sulphur, phosphorus, potassium hydroxide, and organics. This creates risks for fire and explosion. During the projected period, this is expected to reduce world carbon dioxide consumption.
The main concern with the use of chlorine for bleaching pulp from an environmental safety perspective is the enormous quantities of soluble organochlorine compounds produced and discharged into the environment. Organochlorine chemicals have a wide range of hazardous effects on human health, including cancers of the male and female reproductive systems, endometriosis, infertility, immunotoxicity, and developmental toxicity. Because its use reduces the generation of organochlorine compounds, the demand for chlorine dioxide as a bleaching agent has increased dramatically across the paper and pulp sector.
Global Chlorine Dioxide Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 950.50 Million|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||5.4 %|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 1525.87 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||210|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||101|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application|
|Companies Covered:||are Iotronic, Bio-Cide International, Dioxide Pacific, Lakeside Water, VASU CHEMICALS, HES Water Engineers, Shanda Wit, Huayuan Chlorine Dioxide Generator, Nanjing Shuifu, OTH, Jinan Ourui industrial, Beijing Delianda, Rotek, Nanjing xingke Water Treatment, Fujian HADA Intelligence Technology, and Lvsiyuan.|
|Growth Drivers:||The Rise in Demand for Safe Drinking Water is expected to drives the markets growth over the forecast period.|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Chlorine Dioxide based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Chlorine Dioxide Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Chlorine Dioxide Market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the Chemical Method segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 60.1% and a Market revenue of 571.25 Million.
Based on the product, the Chlorine Dioxide Market is categorized into Electrolytic Method and Chemical Method. In 2021, the Chemical Method segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 60.1% and a Market revenue of 571.25 Million. Throughout the forecast period, the Chemical Method segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position due to stopping its ferocious breakdown mechanism and stopping it from becoming gaseous. This process is more effective since it produces chlorine dioxide with a high chlorite conversion yield and is entirely chlorine-free. The key advantages of the method are its simplicity and ability to be applied everywhere by avoiding any explosive dangers associated with the lack of elemental chlorine generation. The method is also applied in industrial preparation to lessen exposure to chloride ions, which are dangerous to human health due to their high reactivity.
- In 2021, the Waste Water segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 23.6% and a Market revenue of 224.31 Million.
Based on the application, the Chlorine Dioxide Market is categorized Drinking Water, Waste Water, Swimming Water, Cooling Water and Others. In 2021, the Waste Water segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 23.6% and a Market revenue of 224.31 Million. Throughout the forecast period, the Waste Water segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR because of its wide-range microbiocide capabilities. Chlorine dioxide is a great choice for wastewater treatment since it is inert to ammonia and the majority of nitrogen-containing chemicals. Additionally, it is useful for efficiently oxidising complexes of iron and manganese. Additionally, it is a risk-free, environmentally friendly technique of disinfection that doesn't produce dangerous chlorinated by-products. Due to its selective activity, which prevents reactions with inert compounds, it may be used at much lower dosage rates, which boosts demand and helps the market's revenue growth.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Chlorine Dioxide Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Chlorine Dioxide Market, with a Market share of around 32.9% and 312.71 Million of the Market revenue in 2021.
- North America emerged as the largest Market for the global Chlorine Dioxide Market, with a Market share of around 32.9% and 312.71 Million of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Chlorine Dioxide is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market. The market for Chlorine Dioxide was dominated by the North America region this is explained by the primary driver of the market revenue growth in this area is the rising usage of chlorine dioxide in the pharmaceutical industry and hospitals. Chlorine dioxide is commonly used in hospitals to disinfect and provide safe drinking water because of its antibacterial qualities. Additionally, it is anticipated that its usage in cleaning and improving indoor air quality by lowering the levels of bacteria and fungus in the rooms would help the region's market revenue develop.
- Asia Pacific Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, The region's widespread use of the product for drinking-water disinfection is the main driver of the market's revenue growth. Afghanistan, Bangladesh, India, Nepal, the Philippines, and Yemen are among the nations in the area at a high risk of cholera outbreaks because of polluted water, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The product is being used more often in this area as a result of government initiatives to reduce growing infection rates.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Chlorine Dioxide Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Bio-Cide International
- Dioxide Pacific
- Lakeside Water
- VASU CHEMICALS
- HES Water Engineers
- Shanda Wit
- Huayuan Chlorine Dioxide Generator
- Nanjing Shuifu
- Jinan Ourui industrial
- Beijing Delianda
- Nanjing xingke Water Treatment
- Fujian HADA Intelligence Technology
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In June 2022, The need for cutting-edge water treatment solutions in the area is continuing to rise, and Evoqua Water Technologies, a pioneer in mission-critical water treatment systems, recently celebrated the launch of a new production plant in Singapore.
- In February 2022, As part of the company's ongoing commitment to integrating sustainability performance into its business strategy, Evoqua Water Technologies, a pioneer in mission-critical water treatment solutions, announced that it had activated the sustainability-linked adjustment feature available under its USD 350 million revolving credit facility.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Chlorine Dioxide Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Chlorine Dioxide Market, By Product
- Electrolytic Method
- Chemical Method
Global Chlorine Dioxide Market, By Application
- Drinking Water
- Waste Water
- Swimming Water
- Cooling Water
Global Chlorine Dioxide Market, Regional Analysis
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Chlorine Dioxide market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Chlorine Dioxide market was valued at USD 950.50 million in 2022 to USD 1525.87 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Chlorine Dioxide market?The Chlorine Dioxide market is growing at a CAGR of 5.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Chlorine Dioxide market?North America emerged as the largest market for Chlorine Dioxide.
Who are the key players in the Chlorine Dioxide market?Key players in the Chlorine Dioxide market are Iotronic, Bio-Cide International, Dioxide Pacific, Lakeside Water, VASU CHEMICALS, HES Water Engineers, Shanda Wit, Huayuan Chlorine Dioxide Generator, Nanjing Shuifu, OTH, Jinan Ourui industrial, Beijing Delianda, Rotek, Nanjing xingke Water Treatment, Fujian HADA Intelligence Technology, and Lvsiyuan.
Which factor drives the growth of the Chlorine Dioxide market?The Rise in Demand for Safe Drinking Water is expected to drives the markets growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?