Global Ceramic Coating Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Ceramic Coating Market was valued at USD 10.72 Billion in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Ceramic Coating Market is expected to reach USD 21.42 Billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Ceramic Coating Market is expected to reach USD 21.42 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 8.0% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The expanding automotive industry, rising demand for distinctive coatings with exceptional properties, rising healthcare and aerospace applications, as well as rising preference for antiviral coatings, are the main factors driving the growth of the ceramic coating market share over the anticipated time span. Demand for ceramic coating is also anticipated to rise as it supports increased heat resistance and lower atmospheric emissions. During the forecast period, these factors are anticipated to drive the ceramic coating market value.
Ceramic coating is an inorganic material which is used in high-temperature applications. This product uses titania, silicon carbide, alumina-magnesia, hafnia, alumina, and silicon nitride. Additionally, it offers better heat resistance, long-term productivity, and anti-erosion, which could expand the market for ceramic coatings. A liquid composite substance that creates molecular bonds with a paint solution is contained in a transparent layer called a ceramic coating. When polishing an automobile's body, nanotechnology-based ceramic coating fills in gaps on the bodywork by forming a chemical link with sprayed paint that is invisible to the human eye. While emitting less pollution than other coatings, the ceramic coating provides improved heat resistance. For the duration of the forecast period, these factors are anticipated to boost market expansion for ceramic coatings. Furthermore, these materials are increasingly being used on metal components in autos due to their optimal properties of abrasive wear and corrosion resistance and excellent thermal insulators. Additionally, the application of oxide and carbide coatings is growing in the aerospace and defence sectors. These materials are only used in space shuttles, insulating tiles, rocket exhaust cones, engine parts, and windscreen panes in a few aeroplanes. Due to the existence of numerous manufacturers, the ceramic coatings market is fragmented. Recent strategic initiatives show end-user organisations are increasingly concentrating on mergers and acquisitions with businesses with unique technology and patents to lower production costs and manufacture products at competitive prices. Additionally, many product launches and expansion initiatives during the previous five years point to the market's excellent growth potential for companies. The COVID-19 epidemic harmed numerous sectors. Due to precautionary lockdowns and other restrictions imposed by governing bodies around the world, there were significant disruptions in their respective supply chains and industries. The demand from major industries like automotive, aerospace, and others has decreased, and there have been unexpected plant closures and temporary production unit halts. These factors have all contributed to a slowing in the worldwide ceramic coatings market's year-over-year growth rate.
Global Ceramic Coating Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 10.72 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||8.0%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 21.42 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||210|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||141|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, By Technology, by Region|
|Companies Covered:||Keronite Group Ltd, Praxair Surface Technologies, Bodycote, Ultramet, Kurt J. Lesker, APS Materials, Aremco, Integrated Global Service, Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials, Ferro Corporation, Saint-Gobain|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Ceramic Coating based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Ceramic Coating Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Ceramic Coating Market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the Oxide segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 30.1% and Market revenue of 3.22 Billion.
Based on the Product, the global Ceramic Coating Market is categorized into Oxide, Carbide, Nitride, and Others. In 2021, the Oxide segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 30.1% and Market revenue of 3.22 Billion. The Oxide segment is anticipated to be the leading category during the anticipated years. Compared to other coatings like carbide and nitride, oxides are less expensive. This coating is utilised on refractory bricks, chimneys, guide bars, pumps, and bearings in the steel industry. The oil and gas sectors also use a lot of oxide and carbide coats for their mud rotors, pump sleeves, MWD equipment, and valve parts. Oil and gas exploration businesses can save costs and increase production through coating service components.
- In 2021, the Transportation & Automotive segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 23.8% and a Market revenue of 2.55 Billion.
Based on the Application, the Ceramic Coating Market is categorized into Transportation & Automotive, Energy, Aerospace & Defense, Industrial Goods, Healthcare and Others. In 2021, the Transportation & Automotive segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 23.8% and a Market revenue of 2.55 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the Transportation & Automotive segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR According to the ceramic coating market forecast, the transportation and automotive sector will likely experience rapid growth during the forecast period. The greater product adoption in the automotive industry is the cause of this expansion. Surfaces inside and outside of vehicles frequently have ceramic coatings applied. Additionally, a significant factor driving the ceramic coating market is the expansion of the automobile sector, notably in Asia-Pacific and Europe. Additionally, ceramic coating can be applied to engine parts to improve heat dissipation, friction reduction, and vehicle resistance.
- In 2021, the Thermal Spray segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 35.3% and a Market revenue of 3.78 Billion.
Based on the Technology, the Ceramic Coating Market is categorized into Thermal Spray, Physical Vapor Deposition, Chemical Vapor Deposition and Others. In 2021, the Thermal Spray segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 63.3% and a Market revenue of 3.78 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the Thermal Spray segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR. According to a ceramic coating industry report, the market leader in 2021 will be the thermal spray category. Due to advantages like excellent wear and corrosion resistance and the capacity to manufacture noticeably thicker coatings at greater deposition potential than conventional surface treatments, thermal spray coating is becoming increasingly popular. Because the thermal spray is highly dense and can be used on any material, it dominates the ceramic coating industry. Ceramics is largely employed in thermal spray techniques for corrosion prevention, sliding wear, dielectric strength, and thermal barriers.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Ceramic Coating Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest Market for global Ceramic Coating Market, with a Market share of around 43.0% and 4.44 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021.
- Asia-Pacific emerged as the largest market for the global Ceramic Coating Market, with a Market share of around 43.0% and 4.44 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021. The rising acceptance by the market is driving the demand for Ceramic Coating. Most ceramic coatings used in aerospace, defence, medical, and other industries are consumed in China, which dominates the Asia-Pacific market. During the projected period, increased manufacturing of engineering components in the area will likely drive regional demand. Most of the region's supply is imported from China, a top ceramic coatings producer.
- North America Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, owing to the increasing encouragement and benefits for foreign businesses to enter the region. About half of the world's demands are met by North America. The areas' high level of ceramic coating use has been made possible by well-established automotive and aerospace sectors. Future market growth is anticipated to be driven by the automotive and healthcare products industries.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Ceramic Coating Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Keronite Group Ltd
- Praxair Surface Technologies
- Kurt J. Lesker
- APS Materials
- Integrated Global Service, Inc.
- Morgan Advanced Materials
- Ferro Corporation
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In October 2020, A product line increase for XPEL, Inc.'s FUSION PLUS automotive ceramic coating was announced.
- In April 2021, Oerlikon Balzers expanded its coating operations in Asia by opening its first client centre in Vietnam. The corporation has undertaken significant investments to expand its presence in the developing Asian market.
- In April 2020, The acquisition of Ellison Surface Technologies by Bodycote was finalized. The world's largest engineered coated surface technology and thermal spray services were developed as a result of this acquisition.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Ceramic Coating Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Ceramic Coating Market, By Product
Global Ceramic Coating Market, By Application
- Transportation & Automotive
- Aerospace & Defense
- Industrial Goods
Global Ceramic Coating Market, By Technology
- Thermal Spray
- Physical Vapor Deposition
- Chemical Vapor Deposition
Global Ceramic Coating Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Ceramic Coating market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Ceramic Coating market was valued at USD 10.72 billion in 2021 to USD 21.42 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Ceramic Coating market?The Ceramic Coating market is growing at a CAGR of 8.0% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Ceramic Coating market?Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for Ceramic Coating.
Who are the key players in the Ceramic Coating market?Key players in the Ceramic Coating market are Keronite Group Ltd, Praxair Surface Technologies, Bodycote, Ultramet, Kurt J. Lesker, APS Materials, Aremco, Integrated Global Service, Inc., Morgan Advanced Materials, Ferro Corporation, and Saint-Gobain.
Which factor drives the growth of the Ceramic Coating market?Increasing demand for healthcare is expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?