Global Biosurfactants Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Biosurfactants Market was valued at USD 4.27 Billion in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.0% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Biosurfactants Market is expected to reach USD 6.07 Billion by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The global Biosurfactants Market is expected to reach USD 6.07 Billion by 2030, at a CAGR of 4.0% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. Global Biosurfactants Market demand is expected to increase due to their outstanding emulsifying qualities; the usage of surfactants in enhanced oil recovery (EOR) should positively affect the market and increase crude oil production. Shortly, it is anticipated that the usage of biosurfactants for cleaning oil tanks and hydrocarbon recovery will increase due to the benefits they provide over chemical dispersants.
A heterogeneous group of active substances produced by microorganisms is referred to as biosurfactants. They are chemical-free and environmentally friendly surfactants. Applications for biosurfactants include emulsification, antimicrobial defence, and laundry detergent. They also have important environmental uses, such as an oil recovery technique in the crude oil industries, biodegradable pollution and wastewater treatment, food processing industries, and various pharmaceutical applications. There are several uses for surfactants in the oil and gas industry. The demand for Rhamnolipid-based biosurfactants is expected to rise over the forecast period due to their growing use for cleaning oil tanks and hydrocarbons and their advantages over chemical dispersants. The primary factors driving the market's growth rate are the rise in demand for unproven solutions and growing public awareness of the benefits of biosurfactants to the environment. The increasing usage of biosurfactants in the private care industry and the rapid expansion of numerous user verticals, particularly in emerging nations, will both directly and significantly impact the market's growth rate. The market might grow due to rising glycolipid demand, more specialisation in the use of bio-based products, and strict government regulations regarding synthetic biosurfactants. Biosurfactants are used as foaming agents, solubilizers, and cleansers in anti-dandruff shampoos, mascara, lipsticks, and bath products due to consumers' growing preference for natural and organic cosmetics. The market is predicted to be driven by various reasons, including expanding oil and gas development operations and increasing demand for pre-packaged food products. The increasing use of biosurfactants as a helping agent in oil-in-water emulsions is another crucial factor driving the global biosurfactants market growth. These emulsions are ideally suited for a beginner cosmetic product because they contain natural antioxidants and essential oils. Due to their non-hazardous, non-toxic, and perishable characteristics, biosurfactants are chosen over manufactured surfactants. Naturally representative of the increased desire for unproven cosmetic items. The global biosurfactants market's overall growth is reflected in the rising demand for new cosmetic goods.
Global Biosurfactants Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 4.27 Billion|
|Forecast Period:||2021 - 2030|
|Forecast Period 2021 - 2030 CAGR:||4.0%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 6.07 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2017 - 2020|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||118|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, by Region|
|Companies Covered:||BASF Cognis, Evonik Industries, Ecover, Lion Corporation, Croda International PLC, Biotensidon GmbH, AkzoNobel N.V., Saraya Co., Ltd., Jeneil Biotech, Inc., Givaudan SA (Soliance)|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Biosurfactants based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Biosurfactants Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Biosurfactants Market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the Sophorolipids segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 21.1% and Market revenue of 0.90 Billion.
Based on the Product, the global Biosurfactants Market is categorized into Rhamnolipids, Sophorolipids, MES, Sorbiton Esters, Sucrose Esters, Lipopeptides and Others. In 2021, the Sophorolipids segment dominated the Market with the largest Market share of 21.1% and Market revenue of 0.90 Billion. The Sophorolipids segment is anticipated to be the leading category during the forecast period. This is due to biosurfactants based on sophorolipids being very effective at treating acne, dryness, and acne patches thanks to their bactericidal and bacteriostatic qualities. The need for sophorolipids in personal care is anticipated to rise along with the demand for skin care products like anti-acne toners, serums, and creams. Commercially, sophorolipids are an active component in skin and body cosmetics.
- In 2021, the Household detergents segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 33.3% and a Market revenue of 1.42 Billion.
Based on the Application, the Biosurfactants Market is categorized into Household detergents, Personal care, Industrial cleaners, Food processing, Agricultural Chemicals, and Textiles. In 2021, the Household detergents segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 33.3% and a Market revenue of 1.42 Billion. Throughout the forecast period, the In-house segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR. With the significant increase in product demand for routine cleaning tasks and disinfecting the interiors of homes, due to their lower toxicity, Household detergents biosurfactants are projected to be used more frequently as a result of the growing environmental concerns around synthetic surfactants in detergent. Additionally, compared to synthetic surfactants, Household detergents biosurfactants have better foaming properties, making them perfect for use in detergents.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Biosurfactants Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Europe emerged as the largest Market for the global Biosurfactants Market, with a Market share of around 43.3% and 1.84 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021.
- Europe emerged as the largest Market for the global Biosurfactants Market, with a Market share of around 43.3% and 1.84 Billion of the Market revenue in 2021. The rising acceptance by the market is driving the demand for biosurfactants. Europe's high proportion of biosurfactants can be attributed to consumers' rising knowledge of chemical surfactants' risks to their health. Additionally, the region's strict regulatory environment encourages the usage of bio-based products rather than conventional petroleum-based ones. The biosurfactant market volume in Europe, focusing on Germany, the United Kingdom, France, and Italy, is anticipated to expand significantly throughout the forecast period. Local product demand will be boosted by high consumer awareness and desire for bio-based goods in the area. In Europe, government policies and laws encourage the use of bio-based products rather than conventional petroleum-based ones. Over the anticipated time, it is anticipated that legislation for environmental protection and rising health consciousness will both continue to grow the market.
- North America Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, owing to the increasing encouragement and benefits for foreign businesses to enter the region. Surfactant demand in the personal care sector is anticipated to increase demand in the area. With a sizable market for bio-based surfactants, North America is an area that is developing quickly. Growing concern about the harmful effects of the chemicals released by chemical surfactants after decomposition is expected to change consumer choices. The market is anticipated to expand as money is spent more on health and cleanliness. Additionally, the petroleum & oil industry's growing need for biosurfactants to aid in oil recovery is expected to drive expansion.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Biosurfactants Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- BASF Cognis
- Evonik Industries
- Lion Corporation
- Croda International PLC
- Biotensidon GmbH
- AkzoNobel N.V.
- Saraya Co., Ltd.
- Jeneil Biotech, Inc.
- Givaudan SA (Soliance)
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In November 2019, By Evonik in the US, The increase in ROAHCELL® production capacity was announced.
- In June 2022, Mirasoft SL A60 and Mirasoft SL L60 were introduced by Solvay. These are high-performance biosurfactants that make it possible to create environmentally friendly cosmetics.
- In January 2022, A new production facility for bio-based and entirely biodegradable rhamnolipids was built by Evonik. In two years, the new factory should begin producing. Launching this new product will strengthen Evonik and Unilever's relationship.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2021 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Biosurfactants Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Biosurfactants Market, By Product
- Sorbiton Esters
- Sucrose Esters
Global Biosurfactants Market, By Application
- Household detergents
- Personal care
- Industrial cleaners
- Food processing
- Agricultural Chemicals
Global Biosurfactants Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Biosurfactants market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Biosurfactants market was valued at USD 4.27 billion in 2021 to USD 6.07 billion by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Biosurfactants market?The Biosurfactants market is growing at a CAGR of 4.0% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Biosurfactants market?Europe emerged as the largest market for Biosurfactants.
Who are the key players in the Biosurfactants market?Key players in the Biosurfactants market are BASF Cognis, Evonik Industries, Ecover, Lion Corporation, Croda International PLC, Biotensidon GmbH, AkzoNobel N.V., Saraya Co., Ltd., Jeneil Biotech, Inc., and Givaudan SA (Soliance).
Which factor drives the growth of the Biosurfactants market?Increasing demand for green solutions is expected to drive the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?