Global Bentonite Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis By Product (Sodium, Calcium, Sulphur and Other), By Application (Foundry sands, Cat litter, Iron ore pelletizing, Refining, Drilling muds, Civil engineering and Others) and by Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Advanced Materials
Global Bentonite Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The Global Bentonite Market Size was valued at USD 1796.00 Million in 2021.
- The Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2022 to 2030
- The Global Bentonite Market Size is expected to reach USD 3414.63 Million by 2030
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
The Global Bentonite Market Size is expected to reach USD 3414.63 Million by 2030, at a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period 2022 to 2030. The demand for bentonite is anticipated to rise due to the construction industry's continuous global expansion. Furthermore, it is anticipated that during the forecast period, the value of the bentonite market would be driven by expanding organic farming and an increase in the number of water treatment facilities globally.
Bentonite is a kind of clay that is typically created when volcanic ash is altered. It is mostly made up of the smectite mineral montmorillonite. When making moulding sand for the production of iron, steel, and non-ferrous casting, bentonite is employed as a bonding agent. Additionally, bentonite has potent colloidal qualities, which cause it to expand several times in volume when in contact with water, creating a thick and gelatinous fluid.
Bentonite is an essential material for many applications due to its special swelling, water absorption, hydration, thixotropy, and viscosity characteristics. Due to its thixotropic qualities, better support, and lubricating capabilities for thick walls, bentonite has long been employed in civil engineering applications, notably in tunnelling applications. Additionally, bentonite's absorption qualities make it a useful substance for treating sewage. Bentonite is also often used in drilling mud for water and oil wells. Sealing borehole walls, removing drill bits, and lubricating the cutting head are the main responsibilities of the position.
Pharmaceuticals employ bentonite to absorb/adsorb processes that enable paste production. These include moist compresses, eczema anti-irritants, industrial protection lotions, and calamine lotion. Other personal care items that include bentonite include face creams, baby powders, sunburn paint, mud packs, and baby powders. These elements favourably affect the expansion of the bentonite market worldwide.
The construction sector is expected to benefit from a high focus on infrastructure expansion in nations like Brazil, Argentina, India, China, and Malaysia due to increased public spending. The ore pelletizing process is being used more often as a result of rising demand for high-grade iron ore, which might further drive the global market for bentonite. Rising steel and iron production in developing nations like China, India, and Japan has increased demand for iron ore.
Bentonite slurries' ability to stabilise the building sector, along with the exorbitant expense of using steel liners, is driving up demand for the commodity. Bentonite slurries don't seep into the surrounding soil, keeping their place in the dug pit and preventing a sealing effect. Therefore, it is anticipated that throughout the forecast period, the superior performance of bentonite in a variety of sectors would drive the bentonite market share. Closures of facilities, issues with the supply chain, and the general economic downturn have all had an influence on the bentonite market trend. China is a significant industrial powerhouse and the greatest producer of raw materials in the world.
Furthermore, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared a global health emergency since the COVID-19 sickness has spread to almost 180 countries globally. Global COVID-19 effects are already being seen, and they will have a significant impact on the bentonite market over the next years. The adoption of new drilling and fracking techniques thanks to quick technical development in the United States has made hydrocarbon extraction more cost-effective, which has increased oil and gas output and further accelerated demand for bentonite. The existence of numerous top producers, including Minerals Technologies Inc., Black Hills Bentonite, CETCO, and Halliburton, as well as abundant bentonite deposits in the U.S., primarily in the state of Wyoming, may drive market expansion.
Global Bentonite Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 1796.00 Million|
|Forecast Period 2022-2030 CAGR:||7.4 %|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 3414.63 Million|
|Historical Data for:||2019-2020|
|No. of Pages:||258|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||114|
|Segments covered:||By Product, By Application, By region|
|Companies Covered:||Amcol Australia Pty Ltd, Volclay International, Charles B. Chrystal Co. Inc., Amsyn Inc, Wyo-Ben Inc, Minerals Technologies Inc., Kemira Oyj, Schlumberger Limited, Cimbar Performance Minerals, and MidPoint Chemicals Company.|
|Growth Drivers:||Growing need from the drilling industry is expected to drives the markets growth over the forecast period.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||Covid-19 Impact Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
This research report categorizes the Market for global Bentonite based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyses trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the Global Bentonite Market. Recent Market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, Product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the Market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key Market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Bentonite Market sub-segments.
- In 2021, the Sodium segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 31.6% and a Market revenue of 567.53 Million.
Based on the product, the Bentonite Market is categorized into Sodium, Calcium, Sulphur and Other. In 2021, the Sodium segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 31.6% and a Market revenue of 567.53 Million. Throughout the forecast period, the Sodium segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position. Sodium bentonite is used to seal sewage lagoons, city landfills, and stock and recreation ponds. It is quite good in reducing road and highway dust. One of the least expensive and most efficient ways to treat permeable soils is with sodium bentonite. Because of its high swelling capacity, sodium bentonite is used as a binder in foundry sands because greater swelling bentonite has a higher strength in the water condensation zone. The need for foundry sand has grown in the workshops and factories that produce components for the steel, construction, and automotive industries. Additionally, this opens up a significant market for sodium bentonite manufacturers.
- In 2021, the Foundry sands segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 22.3% and a Market revenue of 400.50 Million.
Based on the application, the Bentonite Market is categorized Foundry sands, Cat litter, Iron ore pelletizing, Refining, Drilling muds, Civil engineering and Others. In 2021, the Foundry sands segment accounted for the largest share of the Market, with 22.3% and a Market revenue of 400.50 Million. Throughout the forecast period, the Foundry sands segment is anticipated to maintain its leading position while expanding at the fastest CAGR this is a result as for the preparation of moulding sand used in the production of iron, steel, and nonferrous casting, foundry bentonite is primarily used as a bonding ingredient. It generates green sand moulds with strong flow ability, compact ability, and thermal stability for the manufacturing of high-quality castings because of the special qualities of foundry sand bentonite. Such elements generate segmental expansion, which in turn feeds market growth as a whole.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Bentonite Market
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the global Bentonite Market, with a Market share of around 32.9% and 590.88 Million of the Market revenue in 2021.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest Market for the global Bentonite Market, with a Market share of around 32.9% and 590.88 Million of the Market revenue in 2021. The demand for Bentonite is being driven by the rising acceptance by the market. The market for Bentonite was dominated by the Asia Pacific region this is explained Due to the region's established agriculture, automotive, and construction industries as a result of expanding urbanisation, population expansion, and rising standards of life, the iron pelletizing industry has been further supported. The use of sulphur bentonite to increase the yield of several crops, including grains, pulses, fruits, and vegetables, may increase because to the rising agricultural market demand in India. Additionally, it aids in enhancing the flavour and aroma of many other crops, including grapes, oranges, and fruits like onions, ginger, and garlic. Government incentives are also encouraging the use of sulphur-based bentonite fertilisers.
- North America Market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2021 and 2030, The need for the product as a raw material for drilling fluids may encourage expansion of the bentonite market due to large-scale drilling activities in the U.S. The drilling business has been stimulated by an increase in oil and gas exploration due to rising worldwide energy consumption.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the global Bentonite Market along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their Product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment Market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the companies' current news and developments, including Product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the Market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Amcol Australia Pty Ltd
- Volclay International
- Charles B. Chrystal Co. Inc.
- Amsyn Inc
- Wyo-Ben Inc
- Minerals Technologies Inc.
- Kemira Oyj
- Schlumberger Limited
- Cimbar Performance Minerals
- MidPoint Chemicals Company
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting and Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
Some of the Key Developments:
- In October 2020, Tri-State Construction, a firm that specialises in constructing both commercial and residential structures, has been acquired, according to a statement from Mineral Technologies Inc. This agreement aims to support MTI in maintaining its dominance in bentonite-based goods.
- In July 2021, Minerals Technologies Inc. has purchased Normerica Inc. ("Normerica"), a pioneer in the sale of bentonite-based cat litter brand pet care products to a sizable customer base. These two businesses are quite complimentary when combined, both geographically and in terms of the product portfolio and clientele.
This study forecasts global, regional, and country revenue from 2019 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Bentonite Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Global Bentonite Market, By Product
Global Bentonite Market, By Application
- Foundry sands
- Cat litter
- Iron ore pelletizing
- Drilling muds
- Civil engineering
Global Bentonite Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Bentonite market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Bentonite market was valued at USD 1796.00 million in 2022 to USD 3414.63 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Bentonite market?The Bentonite market is growing at a CAGR of 7.4% from 2022 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Bentonite market?Asia Pacific emerged as the largest market for Bentonite.
Who are the key players in the Bentonite market?Key players in the Bentonite market are Amcol Australia Pty Ltd, Volclay International, Charles B. Chrystal Co. Inc., Amsyn Inc, Wyo-Ben Inc, Minerals Technologies Inc., Kemira Oyj, Schlumberger Limited, Cimbar Performance Minerals, and MidPoint Chemicals Company.
Which factor drives the growth of the Bentonite market?Growing need from the drilling industry is expected to drives the market's growth over the forecast period.
Need help to buy this report?