Global Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market Size was valued at USD 18.7 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 6.8% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market Size is expected to reach USD 36.4 Billion by 2032
- North America is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market Size is expected to reach USD 36.4 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Drive-by-wire technology, frequently referred to as "x-by-wire" or "by wire," describes the adoption of electrical or electro-mechanical technologies to execute vehicle operations that were formerly accomplished through mechanical links. This type of technology is employed in systems like throttle control, brakes, steering, and others. This technology's rising popularity can be ascribed to its numerous advantages such as better automobile fuel economy, tranquility, and efficiency, as well as its critical role in developing fully autonomous vehicles. Drive-by-wire technology provides various benefits for vehicle producers, notably higher fuel efficiency, enhanced safety features, decreased weight, and higher design freedom. It enables the incorporation of advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) and self-driving vehicle technologies by eliminating the requirement for tangible links. Drive-by-wire technology is significantly used in self-driving automobiles to control numerous vehicle systems. The drive-by-wire business is expected to develop as autonomous automobile engineering evolves and grows more widely available.
Global Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:
|USD 18.7 Billion
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:
|2032 Value Projection:
|USD 36.4 Billion
|Historical Data for:
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Component, By Application, By Vehicle, By Sensor Type, By Region and COVID-19 Impact Analysis.
|CTS Corporation, Ficosa Internacional SA, Kongsberg Automotive, Hitachi, Ltd., Denso Corporation, Peugeot, P.S.A Citroen, Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Nexteer Automotive, Infineon Technologies AG, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, TRW Automotive and other key venders.
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
|COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis
Get more details on this report -
The market for automotive drive-by-wire systems is estimated to expand further owing to rising consumer demand for electric cars (EVs), growing support for self-driving vehicle technologies, and ongoing developments in sensor technologies and electronic control units (ECUs). Furthermore, as the electric vehicle (EV) market expands, correspondingly expands the drive-by-wire market. Drive-by-wire systems are often used in EVs because they tend to be more interoperable with EV electrical controls than typical mechanical control systems. Additionally, drive-by-wire technology improves safety features by allowing electronic components to respond to potential risks faster and more precisely.
Moreover, the emergence of hybrid electric vehicles sparked a technical transformation in the automotive sector. Tax breaks and increased environmental consciousness have further, contributed to the market for hybrid electric vehicles in the EV industry. Leading automobile manufacturers and software companies are making investments considerably in technological advancement in order to introduce increasingly sophisticated drive-by-wire systems to the market. Furthermore, governments and controlling organizations all over the world have placed strict emission standards on automakers. These requirements have compelled manufacturers to adopt more lightweight materials, such as composites, polymers, and compact metals, as well as semiconductors that substitute traditional mechanical connections. As a result, the market is likely to be propelled by technological advancements in the automotive industry, innovations, and stringent emission rules imposed by legislatures and other regulatory bodies.
However, having undergone the potential for enormous expansion, the automotive drive-by-wire market confronts a few fundamental difficulties. These include the cost-prohibitive expense of drive-by-wire systems, the possible safety risks connected to system collapse, and consumer adoption of these emerging innovations.
By Component Insights
The actuator segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of components, the global automotive drive-by-wire market is segmented into actuators, ECU, ECM, ETCM, ETCU, feedback motors, and others. Among these, the actuator segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 43.6% over the forecast period. A mechanism that turns signals and electrical energy into motion in a system is known as an actuator. It can move in the form of a linear or circular direction. Furthermore, actuators are utilized in certain capacities in all drive-by-wire applications. In brake-by-wire applications, one actuator is used for each wheel.
By Application Insights
The throttle-by-wire segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of Application, the global automotive drive-by-wire market is segmented into throttle-by-wire, shift-by-wire, steer-by-wire, park-by-wire, and brake-by-wire. Among these, the throttle-by-wire segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. The passenger and commercial vehicle segments have the highest penetrations of throttle-by-wire technology. Throttle-by-wire systems are simple to implement since they can be simply combined with other electrical subsystems. These systems are more fuel efficient and adapt to driver input more effectively than mechanical systems. In addition, they take up less space than mechanical systems and have a simpler design. These factors will lead to the increased use of throttle-by-wire systems.
By Vehicle Type Insights
The electric & hybrid segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 41.8% over the forecast period.
On the basis of vehicle type, the global automotive drive-by-wire market is segmented into electric & hybrid, on-highway, and off-highway. Among these, the electric & hybrid segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 41.8% over the forecast period. Battery Electric Vehicles (BEV), Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicles (PHEV), and Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles (FCEV) are the three types of electric and hybrid vehicles. The BEV sub-segment is likely to have the majority of the market. The widespread adoption of BEV models into new categories in the majority of regions, continuous purchasing incentives, and severe emission rules are the primary factors for the increased demand. Drive-by-wire technology enables the brake and accelerator pedals, as well as other transmission components, to be mechanically detached from the vehicle's chassis. Given these advancements in self-driving and steer-by-wire technology, the demand for BEV drive-by-wire is likely to expand.
Asia Pacific dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific is dominating the market with more than 38.7% market share over the forecast period. This can be ascribed to increased involvement by major market participants across the region. There is a growing desire for vehicles that are feature-rich, efficient, and highly safe in the region. Furthermore, premium and luxury vehicles are in high demand in this region. All of these favourable growths in the region's automotive sector have enticed OEMs to make investments in and manufacture automobiles with innovative features. China has developed as an important market for premium automobiles, owing to rising disposable wealth. As a result, considering all these factors, they are expected to dominate the drive-by-wire market throughout the forecast.
North America, on the contrary, is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. The growth of the drive-by-wire industry has been boosted by the rise of electric vehicle manufacturing and increased demand for self-driving cars in the region. Additionally, developments in the automobile sector, as well as increased demand for luxury and premium vehicles, are propelling automotive drive-by-wire demand in the United States. Furthermore, the region is boosting the market for automotive drive-by-wire systems by facilitating the increasing demand for electric vehicles.
The Europe market is expected to register a substantial CAGR growth rate during the forecast period. The rapid introduction of modern technology in the region will be essential to Europe's significant demand throughout the projected period due to the existence of key industry players and severe emission limits established by the government.
List of Key Market Players
- CTS Corporation
- Ficosa Internacional SA
- Kongsberg Automotive
- Hitachi, Ltd.
- Denso Corporation
- P.S.A Citroen
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Nexteer Automotive
- Infineon Technologies AG
- Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
- TRW Automotive
Key Market Developments
- On June 2023, Bosch and Arnold NextG are preparing for commercial steer-by-wire production. Start-up in Germany Arnold NextG specializes in the creation of tiny and extremely small batch sizes of multi-redundant drive-by-wire systems with all interfaces for autonomous driving. The two firms have formed an association to merge their development knowledge and speed up the process of preparing solutions for the market.
- On May 2022, CNXMotion, a Nexteer Automotive and Continental Automotive joint venture, has announced the inclusion of two new software features to its Brake-to-Steer (BtS) technology. These functions provide backup safety layers for all EPS and Steer-by-Wire (SbW) system variations, as well as for all SAE degrees of driving automation (levels 1 - 5).
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market, Component Analysis
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
- Engine Control Module (ECM)
- Electronic Throttle Control Module (ETCM)
- Electronic Transmission Control Unit (ETCU)
- Feedback Motor
Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market, Sensor Type Analysis
- Throttle pedal Sensor
- Throttle Position Sensor
- Pinion Angle Sensor
- Hand Wheel angle Sensor
- Gear Shift Position Sensor
- Park Sensor
- Brake Pedal Sensor
Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market, Application Analysis
Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market, Vehicle Type Analysis
- Electric & Hybrid
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV)
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV)
- Agricultural Tractors
- Construction & Mining Equipment
Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Automotive Drive-by-Wire market?The Global Automotive Drive-by-Wire Market is expected to grow from USD 18.7 billion in 2022 to USD 36.4 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 6.8% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?CTS Corporation, Ficosa Internacional SA, Kongsberg Automotive, Hitachi, Ltd., Denso Corporation, Peugeot, P.S.A Citroen, Robert Bosch GmbH, Continental AG, Nexteer Automotive, Infineon Technologies AG, Curtiss-Wright Corporation, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, TRW Automotive
3. Which segment dominated the Automotive Drive-by-Wire market share?The electric & hybrid segment in vehicle type dominated the Automotive Drive-by-Wire market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 41.8%.
4. Which region is dominating the Automotive Drive-by-Wire market?Asia Pacific is dominating the Automotive Drive-by-Wire market with more than 38.7% market share.
5. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Automotive Drive-by-Wire market?The actuator segment based on component type holds the maximum market share of the Automotive Drive-by-Wire market.
Need help to buy this report?