Global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market Size, Share, and COVID-19 Impact Analysis By Therapeutics (Cholinesterase Inhibitors, NMDA Receptor Antagonists, and Other Therapeutics), By Diagnostics (Brain Imaging and CSF Test for Alzheimers Disease), and By Region (North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa), Analysis and Forecast 2021 – 2030.Industry: Healthcare
Global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market Insights Forecasts to 2030
- The global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market was valued at USD 5,933.5 million in 2021.
- The market is growing at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2021 to 2030
- The global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market is expected to reach USD 21704.4 million by 2030
- The Asia Pacific is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market is expected to reach USD 21704.4 million by 2030, at a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period 2021 to 2030. The market for Alzheimers disease diagnostics and therapies was influenced by the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic when it first appeared. The increasing use of biomarkers in Alzheimers diagnosis and the development of new drugs are the primary factors driving the expansion of the Alzheimers disease diagnostics and therapeutics market. Another important factor is the rising incidence of Alzheimer's disease worldwide.
Alzheimers disease is a neurological condition that often begins with mild symptoms and gradually becomes more severe. It is a kind of dementia that worsens over time and is characterized by a gradual loss of a person's cognitive, behavioral, and social abilities, which interferes with their capacity to carry out daily tasks independently. Alzheimer's throughout the globe, governments and non-government organizations are making significant investments in the research and development of diagnostics and therapies for the illness, which may contribute to expanding the market. For instance, in June of 2021, the Alzheimers Drug Discovery Foundation (ADDF) Diagnostics Accelerator released four new research investments to create digital biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease diagnosis. It is anticipated that investments of this nature would further push the expansion of the industry. Additionally, due to developments in diagnostic technologies and ongoing research activities, businesses are enhancing their product offerings and releasing new products. This, in conjunction with other business expansion initiatives such as mergers and acquisitions, strategic collaboration, and new investments into other companies, is anticipated to contribute to the growth of the Alzheimer's disease diagnostics and therapeutics market throughout the forthcoming period. For example, in August of 2019, a business by the name of Oxford Brain Diagnostics was established. This firm is a spinoff from Oxford University, and its mission is to develop a novel way of detecting Alzheimer's disease using MRI scans. On the other hand, high failure rates of clinical studies related to diagnosis and treatment and difficulties in early diagnostics of Alzheimer's disease are expected to impede the growth of the market for Alzheimers disease diagnostics and therapeutics throughout the forecast period.
This research report categorizes the market for global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics based on various segments and regions, forecasts revenue growth, and analyzes trends in each submarket. The report analyses the key growth drivers, opportunities, and challenges influencing the global Alzheimer's Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market. Recent market developments and competitive strategies such as expansion, product launch and development, partnership, merger, and acquisition have been included to draw the competitive landscape in the market. The report strategically identifies and profiles the key market players and analyses their core competencies in each global Alzheimer's Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market sub-segments.
Global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2021:||USD 5,933.5 million|
|Forecast Period 2021-2030 CAGR:||5.5%|
|2030 Value Projection:||USD 21704.4 million|
|Historical Data for:||2017-2020|
|No. of Pages:||230|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||136|
|Segments covered:||By Therapeutics, By Diagnostics, By Region, COVID-19 Impact Analysis|
|Companies Covered:||Luye Pharma Group, Vigil Neuroscience, Grifols SA, Corium International Inc., Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc., Abbvie Inc., Merz Pharma, Zydus Cadila, Siemens Healthineers AG, Apotex Inc., Lupin Limited, Eli Lilly & Company, Johnson & Johnson, Biogen Inc., Eisai Co. Ltd., Pfizer Inc., Merck & Co. Inc., Novartis AG, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 has the potential to impact the global market|
Get more details on this report -
- In 2021, the cholinesterase inhibitors segment accounted for the largest share of the market, with 65% and market revenue of 3856.7 million.
Based on therapeutics type, the Alzheimers disease diagnostics and therapeutics market is categorized into cholinesterase inhibitors, NMDA receptor antagonists, and other therapeutics. In 2021, cholinesterase inhibitors dominated the market with the largest market share of 65% and revenue of 3856.7 million. Cholinesterase inhibitors, also known as acetylcholinesterase inhibitors, are a type of medicine that prevents the natural breakdown of acetylcholine, which is a neurotransmitter. Cholinesterase inhibitors are also known as acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Cholinesterase inhibitors are the most effective treatments for Alzheimers disease that are currently on the market. As a result, it is anticipated that the sector will expand throughout the projection period because several pharmaceutical firms are working on the development of Alzheimers therapies that are based on cholinesterase inhibitors.
Regional Segment Analysis of the Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market
Get more details on this report -
- North America (U.S., Canada, Mexico)
- Europe (Germany, France, U.K., Italy, Spain, Rest of Europe)
- Asia-Pacific (China, Japan, India, Rest of APAC)
- South America (Brazil and the Rest of South America)
- The Middle East and Africa (UAE, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Among all regions, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market, with a market share of around 29% and 1,720.7 million of the market revenue in 2021.
- In 2021, North America emerged as the largest market for the global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market, with a market share of around 29% and 1,720.7 million of the market revenue. The market for Alzheimers disease diagnostics and therapeutics in the North American region has been expanding owing to the increasing rising R&D activities by several small and medium enterprises to develop medical healthcare facilities in the healthcare sector. Furthermore, the U.S has kept its R&D tax credit low which increases the demand for Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics in the market. Also, the population of elderly people in the region is rising at an alarming rate; however, America and Canada have the most prosperous aging populations due to social security payments by the government. For instance, the Nordson Corporation launched a Polyurethane Tubing named 80 Durometer medical tubing for medical applications.
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to grow at the fastest CAGR between 2022 and 2030, owing to the increasing demand for several applications such as catheters & cannulas, drug delivery systems, Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics equipment, and other special applications (smoke evacuation tubing and peristaltic pump tubing). In addition, the increase in healthcare accessibility and the rapidly growing demand for minimally invasive medical procedures adds impetus to the markets growth in the region. The multiplying middle-class population in China and India increases the demand for minimally invasive techniques. There is an advancement in the efficient medical devices in the region coupled with the increasing interest of people in taking care of elderly people at home with easy & simple products.
The report offers the appropriate analysis of the key organizations/companies involved within the Global Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market, along with a comparative evaluation primarily based on their product offering, business overviews, geographic presence, enterprise strategies, segment market share, and SWOT analysis. The report also provides an elaborative analysis focusing on the current news and developments of the companies, which includes product development, innovations, joint ventures, partnerships, mergers & acquisitions, strategic alliances, and others. This allows for the evaluation of the overall competition within the market.
List of Key Market Players:
- Luye Pharma Group
- Vigil Neuroscience
- Grifols SA
- Corium International Inc.
- Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Abbvie Inc.
- Merz Pharma
- Zydus Cadila
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- Apotex Inc.
- Lupin Limited
- Eli Lilly & Company
- Johnson & Johnson
- Biogen Inc.
- Eisai Co. Ltd.
- Pfizer Inc.
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Novartis AG
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Key Target Audience
- Market Players
- Government Authorities
- Consulting And Research Firm
- Venture capitalists
- Third-party knowledge providers
- Value-Added Resellers (VARs)
- In November 2021, The Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston, located in the United States, initiated a clinical study for a novel nasal vaccination for Alzheimer's disease. The purpose of the experiment was to assess both the safety and effectiveness of the vaccine.
- In October 2021, The Salk Institute began a phase 1 clinical study of the investigational Alzheimer's medication CMS121 to examine the medicine's safety in human subjects.
- In December 2020, To fund and implement the Building Our Largest Dementia (BOLD) Infrastructure for Alzheimer's Act and improvements in the Improving HOPE for Alzheimer's Act for FY 2021, the United States Congress increased funding for Alzheimer's and dementia research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) by USD 300 million.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2022 to 2030. Spherical Insights has segmented the global Alzheimer's disease diagnostics and therapeutics market based on the below-mentioned segments.
Global Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market, By Therapeutics
- Cholinesterase Inhibitors
- NMDA Receptor Antagonists
- Other Therapeutics
Global Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market, By Diagnostics
- Brain Imaging
- CSF Test for Alzheimer’s Disease
Global Alzheimer’s Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics Market, Regional Analysis Type
- North America
- The US
- Rest of Europe
- The Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the market size of the Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market?As per Spherical Insights, the size of the Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market was valued at USD 5,933.5 million in 2021 to USD 21704.4 million by 2030.
What is the market growth rate of the Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market?The Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market is growing at a CAGR of 5.5% from 2021 to 2030.
Which country dominates the Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market?North America emerged as the largest market for Alzheimer's Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics.
Who are the key players in the Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market?Key players in the Alzheimers Disease Diagnostics and Therapeutics market are Luye Pharma Group, Vigil Neuroscience, Grifols SA, Corium International Inc., Adamas Pharmaceuticals Inc., Abbvie Inc., Merz Pharma, Zydus Cadila, Siemens Healthineers AG, Lupin Limited, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer Inc., Novartis AG, Apotex Inc., Eli Lilly & Company, Biogen Inc., Eisai Co. Ltd., Merck & Co. Inc., Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., and Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
Need help to buy this report?