Global Alumina Trihydrate Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global Alumina Trihydrate Market Size was valued at USD 4.82 Billion in 2022.
- The Market Size is Growing at a CAGR of 6.56% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide Alumina Trihydrate Market Size is expected to reach USD 9.10 Billion by 2032
- North America is expected To Grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global Alumina Trihydrate Market Size is expected to reach USD 9.10 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 6.56% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
Alumina Trihydrate (ATH) is a non-toxic, non-corrosive, flame retardant material, and smoke suppression that is used in elastomeric applications. It is among the globe's most commonly used flame retardants. Because of its thermodynamic qualities, which absorb heat and release water vapor, alumina trihydrate is a highly effective flame retardant. Alumina Trihydrate has extremely low absorption in water but is amphoteric, which means it can disintegrate in both acids and strong alkalis. Alumina Trihydrate is most commonly used in the manufacturing of aluminum metal. It is utilized as type of a flame retardant and smoke suppressant filler in polymers like rubber and carpet backing. It can also be found in detergents, antiperspirants, and cosmetics, as well as an antacid and to manage phosphate levels in the body. They are utilized in products like electric wire insulation, building materials, automobile parts, textiles, and interior decoration.
The major key players in the Global Alumina Trihydrate Market include Hindalco Industries Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Company, Ltd., Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd., Huber Engineered Materials, Nabaltec AG, SCR Sibelco NV, and others. Some of these players have focused on growth strategies, investments, and expansions, such as building additional capacity in existing production facilities, expansion, and mergers and acquisitions, in order to help them expand their operations in underdeveloped and promising areas. These companies have implemented growth plans in order to solidify their market dominance and expand their regional presence.
Global Alumina Trihydrate Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:||USD 4.82 Billion|
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:||6.56%|
|2032 Value Projection:||USD 9.10 Billion|
|Historical Data for:||2018-2021|
|No. of Pages:||200|
|Tables, Charts & Figures:||110|
|Segments covered:||By Type, By Application, By End-Use, By Region,|
|Companies Covered:||Hindalco Industries Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Company, Ltd., Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd., Huber Engineered Materials, Nabaltec AG, SCR Sibelco NV, R.J. Marshall Company, Alteo, Showa Denko K.K., Southern Ionics Incorporated, ALUMINA CHEMICALS and CASTABLES, Alfa Aesar, NALCO, MAL Zrt., Alcoa Inc.|
|Pitfalls & Challenges:||COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis|
Get more details on this report -
The expanding market for alumina trihydrate in various applications and end-use sectors, such as flame retardants and paints and coatings, is one of the audience's primary drivers. Furthermore, the rising proportion of both residential and commercial locations has raised the risk of explosions and fires. As a result, various countries around the world have enacted severe fire safety standards and processes. In order to fulfill these government standards, more flame retardants are being used in buildings. Flame retardants are mostly used in electrical wiring insulation in buildings and construction, as well as transportation. In addition, the trend towards more environmentally friendly alternatives will enhance the need for non-halogenated flame retardants, driving alumina trihydrate market development during the projection period.
The increasing demand from the paints and coatings industry, as well as other important end-use industries such as plastics and chemicals, is propelling the alumina trihydrate market forward. Furthermore, aluminum hydroxide (alum) is among the most often used coagulant in wastewater and water treatment process. The major reason for employing alum in such processes is to increase suspended solids settling and color removal. Phosphate is also removed from treatment facility effluent using alum. As a result, the usage of aluminum hydroxide in water treatment facilities in residential areas is likely to fuel global expansion in the alumina trihydrate market throughout the forecast period.
However, market alternatives, such as magnesium hydroxide, can limit the expansion of the alumina trihydrate market. Magnesium hydroxide, on the other hand, is a more thermally resistant inorganic hydrate than alumina trihydrate. A rise in the use of magnesium hydroxide as an alternative to aluminum hydroxide in medical devices to reduce aluminum toxicity in patients with chronic kidney disease may represent a challenge to the alumina trihydrate industry. Magnesium hydroxide additionally acts as a fire retardant. As a result, it is also employed as a substitute for alumina trihydrate in polymers with higher processing temperatures. These reasons are projected to limit the growth of the alumina trihydrate market.
By Type Insights
The precipitate segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of type, the global alumina trihydrate market is segmented into the wet, dry, ground, and precipitate. Among these, the precipitate segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 38.6% over the forecast period. Precipitate alumina trihydrate has several benefits, including decreased fluidity in polyester fibers and Sheet Molding Compound (SMC) and improved flame retardant properties. Because it contains less surface water than ground alumina trihydrate, it requires less catalyst for surface absorption and cures faster. As a result, it is suitable for uses where temporary exposure to high temperatures is unavoidable during processing. It also contains more blocky particles, which improves impact resistance. All of these variables are projected to drive the precipitate alumina trihydrate market.
By Application Insights
The flame retardant segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of application, the global alumina trihydrate market is segmented into flame retardants, fillers, antacids, and others. Among these, the flame retardant segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period. The need for flame retardants has increased significantly in the alumina trihydrate market, namely in the automotive and electrical, and electronics industries. The expanding consumer electronics sectors, combined with rigid environmental constraints on the minerals that are utilized in electronics manufacturing, are expected to propel the alumina trihydrate market even more. Stringent fire safety rules to limit the risk of fire spread in residential and commercial structures are propelling the alumina trihydrate market forward.
By End-Use Insights
The plastic segment accounted for the largest revenue share of more than 37.2% over the forecast period.
On the basis of end-use, the global alumina trihydrate market is segmented into plastics, paper, glass & rubber, paints & coatings, adhesives, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, building & construction, and others. Among these, the plastic segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share of 37.2% over the forecast period. Plastic products must be treated with flame retardant chemical substances since they can quickly catch fire. Plastic use in the construction, automotive, and electrical & electronics industries is expected to drive the alumina trihydrate market. Alumina trihydrate is utilized in a variety of plastics applications, including engineering thermoplastics, pipe, nylon, polyolefin, PVC-flexible, rigid PVC, and Sheet Molding Compound (SMC). In the architecture and construction industry, alumina trihydrate is widely used as a flame retardant. The increased public awareness of building safety has resulted in the construction of energy-efficient buildings. As a result, typical plastics in these structures are gradually being replaced by flame retardant plastics.
Asia Pacific dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
Asia Pacific is dominating the market with more than 38.7% market share over the forecast period. This expansion can be corresponding to the thriving plastics, building & construction, and paints & coatings businesses in newly industrialized nations such as China and India. Furthermore, due to industrial expansion and increasing economic growth, the Asia Pacific area is a rising and attractive market for alumina trihydrate. The existence of an increasing number of plastic product production facilities in China, as well as rising industrialization in the Asia Pacific, are projected to drive the alumina trihydrate market throughout the estimated time frame.
North America, on the other hand, is predicted to develop the most rapidly during the forecast period, owing to rising demand for flame retardant chemicals in both the construction and automotive sectors. In this region, the United States has the highest market share, which is followed by Canada and Mexico. In the past few years, the US government has additionally adopted a proactive approach to reducing potential dangers attributed to fire hazards. These activities are anticipated to result in greater usage of alumina trihydrate for its excellent flame retardant properties over time. Overall, the near-term outlook indicates promising for companies operating in the alumina trihydrate market in the United States.
List of Key Market Players
- Hindalco Industries Ltd.
- Sumitomo Chemical Company, Ltd.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd.
- Huber Engineered Materials
- Nabaltec AG
- SCR Sibelco NV
- R.J. Marshall Company
- Showa Denko K.K.
- Southern Ionics Incorporated
- ALUMINA CHEMICALS and CASTABLES
- Alfa Aesar
- MAL Zrt.
- Alcoa Inc.
Key Market Developments
- On May 2023, Tosaf has created FR9185PE, a halogen-free flame retardant additive (HFFR) for crosslinked and non-crosslinked polyethylene foam. Even at low concentrations, it aids in the prevention and acceleration of fires, making it easier to meet stringent fire-protection criteria in industries such as automotive, construction, pipe insulation, and shipment packaging.
- On May 2022, Cimbar Performance Minerals, Inc. (CPM), a subsidiary of United Minerals and Properties, Inc., announced a 10% price increase on all product lines, including talc, barium sulfate, and alumina trihydrate. Because of growing ocean freight, barging, demurrage charges, haulage, and labor rates, logistics expenses have skyrocketed. Cimbar can remain a strong, dependable supplier to consumers by passing on a percentage of these costs. Cimbar will continue to provide innovative products and solutions while adhering to safety and sustainability standards.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the Global Alumina Trihydrate Market based on the below-mentioned segments:
Alumina Trihydrate Market, Type Analysis
Alumina Trihydrate Market, Application Analysis
- Flame Retardant
Alumina Trihydrate Market, End-Use Analysis
- Glass & Rubber
- Paints & Coatings
- Building & Construction
Alumina Trihydrate Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the Alumina Trihydrate market?The Global Alumina Trihydrate Market is expected to grow from USD 4.82 billion in 2022 to USD 9.10 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 6.56% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. Which are the key companies in the market?Hindalco Industries Ltd., Sumitomo Chemical Company, Ltd., Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd., Huber Engineered Materials, Nabaltec AG, SCR Sibelco NV
3. Which segment dominated the Alumina Trihydrate market share?The plastic segment in end-use type dominated the Alumina Trihydrate market in 2022 and accounted for a revenue share of over 37.2%.
4. What are the elements driving the growth of the Alumina Trihydrate market?The increasing demand from consumers for alumina trihydrate in various applications and end-use sectors, such as flame retardants and paints and coatings, is one of the market's primary factors driving the growth of the global alumina trihydrate market.
5. Which region is dominating the Alumina Trihydrate market?Asia Pacific is dominating the Alumina Trihydrate market with more than 38.7% market share.
6. Which segment holds the largest market share of the Alumina Trihydrate market?The precipitate segment based on type holds the maximum market share of the Alumina Trihydrate market.
Need help to buy this report?