Global AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market Insights Forecasts to 2032
- The Global AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market Size was valued at USD 10.15 Billion in 2022.
- The Market is Growing at a CAGR of 7.94% from 2022 to 2032
- The Worldwide AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market Size is expected to reach USD 21.79 Billion by 2032
- Europe is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period
Get more details on this report -
The Global AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market Size is expected to reach USD 21.79 Billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.94% during the forecast period 2022 to 2032.
AC-DC power supply adapters are electronic gadgets that take power from an external source and convert it to a different frequency, current, and voltage, which is required for electrical devices to function. AC-DC power adapters also serve as a safety barrier for humans, as DC current is not safe for humans and can harm the human body. AC-DC power supply adapters, also known as chargers, can be used as an external adapter. Furthermore, installing the device's power components in an external AC adapter allows manufacturers to make them smaller. The consumer electronics industry is a major consumer of AC-DC adapters for power because these components are essential in the charging infrastructure of consumer electronic devices. As a result, these adapters are widely used with devices like smartphones, computers, and a variety of other electronic devices. Electronic device adoption has risen dramatically in recent years. Also, growing internet penetration, rising disposable income driving affordability, and increased awareness of digital technologies are all driving this growth. Moreover, the growing popularity of home and building automation systems is increasing demand for AC-DC power supply adapters. The increasing performance of portable consumer electronics and computing devices is also one of the major factors driving market growth.
Global AC-DC Power Supply Adapter Market Report Coverage
|Market Size in 2022:
|USD 10.15 Billion
|Forecast Period 2022-2032 CAGR:
|2032 Value Projection:
|USD 21.79 Billion
|Historical Data for:
|No. of Pages:
|Tables, Charts & Figures:
|By Type, By Application, By Industry Vertical, By Region and COVID-19 Impact Analysis.
|Rohde & Schwarz, B&K Precision Corporation, Itech Electronic Co., Ltd., Kikusui Electronics Corp, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd., Chroma ATE Inc., Delta Electronics, Inc, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Keysight Technologies, Ametek Inc., TEKTRONIX, INC., ETA-USA and other key vendors.
|Pitfalls & Challenges:
|COVID-19 Empact, Challenge, Future, Growth, & Analysis
Get more details on this report -
The increasing demand for consumer electronics with energy-efficient power supplies, which is combined with the worldwide trend of industrial automation. The widespread use of wireless communication systems in industries such as telecommunications, aviation, and defence are also fueling market growth. The need for an AC-DC power supply adapter grows as electronic systems in industrial units require precise voltage supply that is stable over fluctuations. They are also used to test digital interfaces, on-board chargers, charging stations, fuel cells, and automobile batteries. Other growth-promoting factors include technological advancements such as the Internet of Things (IoT). Furthermore, the increased demand for efficient, low-voltage, high-current processors, the AC-DC power supply adapter market is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Furthermore, developments in the consumer electronics, healthcare, and automotive industries have a significant impact on the future of the AC-DC power adapter supply market. Moreover, technologically advanced AC-DC power supplies are expected to influence the development of the AC-DC power supply adapter market as an alternative for traditional electric loads. As a result, the AC-DC power supply adapter market revenue is increasing. Also, the development of programmable AC-DC power supply adapters and significant advancements in IT infrastructure, are expected to drive market growth
One of the main reasons that could limit market growth in the near future is a lack of technological development, because AC-DC power adapters are essential to many new technologies and devices, such as electric cars, smart devices, and others.
By Type Insights
The AC-DC external plug-in power adapter segment dominates the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period.
On the basis of type, the global AC-DC power supply adapter market is segmented into AC-DC external plug-in power adapter and AC- DC wall power adapter. Among these, the AC-DC external plug-in power adapter segment is dominating the market with the largest revenue share over the forecast period. External plug-in power adapters are more popular than wall power adapters due to their numerous advantages. Weight and size reduction, heat reduction, electrical noise reduction, and safety concerns are all addressed. Because they can be powered by a variety of power sources (such as 120 VAC, 240 VAC, 12 VDC, or an external battery pack), electronic products that require an external power source are useful for use in the field or on public roads.
By Application Insights
The home appliances segment is expected to hold the largest share of the global AC-DC power supply adapter market during the forecast period.
Based on the application, the global AC-DC power supply adapter market is classified into home appliances, computer and laptops, mobile phones, electronics, automotive and others. Among these, the home appliances segment is expected to hold the largest share of the AC-DC power supply adapter market during the forecast period. Home appliance need higher power density and control loop response speed to improve device power supply system stability/DC power supply is a critical component in ensuring the normal operation of white goods and is critical in ensuring the consistent and secure operation for internet-enabled home appliances.
By Industry Vertical Insights
The consumer electronics segment is witnessing significant CAGR growth over the forecast period.
On the basis of industry vertical, the global AC-DC power supply adapter market is segmented into consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, military and aerospace, industrial, food and beverages, telecommunications and others. Among these, the consumer electronics segment is witnessing significant growth over the forecast period. Because AC-DC power adapters are necessary for charging consumer electronics devices, the consumer electronics industry is a major consumer of these devices. As a result, these adapters are frequently used with electronic devices such as cell phones, computers, and a variety of other devices. In recent years, there has been a significant increase in the adoption of electronic devices.
North America dominates the market with the largest market share over the forecast period.
Get more details on this report -
North America is dominating the market with the largest market share over the forecast period. North America is primarily comprised of the United States and Canada. Over the last several decades, the US semiconductor industry has maintained its market share leadership in terms of overall sales. Smart home device adoption in North America has increased significantly in recent years, ranging from lighting to doorbells and refrigerators. The increased use of smart homes and IoT devices has also increased demand for AC-DC power adapters in the region. Rising energy costs are expected to drive demand for smart home markets, leading to widespread use of energy-efficient and saving money solutions for heating and cooling systems, lighting, and smart outlets. Such an increase in demand for smart home and smart power management devices is expected to fuel demand for analogue integrated circuits in the North America.
Europe is expected to grow the fastest during the forecast period. This is because the market for AC adapters has experienced technological breakthroughs, which will increase the use of AC adapters. Furthermore, the German AC-DC power supply adapter market dominated, while the UK AC-DC power supply adapter market was the fastest growing in the European region.
List of Key Market Players
- Rohde & Schwarz
- B&K Precision Corporation
- Itech Electronic Co., Ltd.
- Kikusui Electronics Corp
- Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd.
- Chroma ATE Inc.
- Delta Electronics, Inc
- Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
- Keysight Technologies
- Ametek Inc.
- TEKTRONIX, INC.
Key Market Developments
- On June 2022, Delta announced the C6 60 W USB-C adapter for Innergie's flagship. The C6 adapter uses Gallium Nitride (GaN) technology to increase charging efficiency for consumers by up to 91.5%. In comparison to Innergie's previous 60C Pro generation of adapters, the C6 reduces operating temperature by 10 degrees Fahrenheit at 60 W full load charging.
- On August 2022, EVgo Inc. has announced a new supply agreement with Delta Electronics, a global provider of power and energy management solutions and the market leader in EV charging solutions. Delta supplied EVgo with 1,000 fast chargers with up to 350kW power output under the agreement, which supports EVgo's previously announced project with General Motors (GM) and Pilot Company, as well as other EVgo extend and fleet projects.
- On December 2022, Infinix released the Zero Ultra with 180W wired charging to support smartphones, and its 4500 mAh battery charges to 100% in 12 minutes with the included GaN charger.
This study forecasts revenue at global, regional, and country levels from 2020 to 2032. Spherical Insights has segmented the global AC-DC power supply adapter market based on the below-mentioned segments:
AC-DC power supply adapter Market, Type Analysis
- AC-DC External Plug-in Power Adapter
- AC-DC Wall Power Adapter
AC-DC power supply adapter Market, Application Analysis
- Home Appliances
- Computer and Laptops
- Mobile Phones
AC-DC power supply adapter Market, Industry Vertical Analysis
- Consumer Electronics
- Medical and Healthcare
- Military and Aerospace
- Food and Beverages
AC-DC power supply adapter Market, Regional Analysis
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What is the market size of the global AC-DC power supply adapter market?The global AC-DC power supply adapter market is expected to grow from USD 10.15 billion in 2022 to USD 21.79 billion by 2032, at a CAGR of 7.94% during the forecast period 2022-2032.
2. What are the elements driving the growth of the global AC-DC power supply adapter market?The advancements in consumer electronics, medical, and automotive sectors, technologically advanced AC-DC power supply as an alternative to a conventional electric load are key elements driving the global AC-DC power supply adapter market expansion.
3. Which region is dominating the global AC-DC power supply adapter market?North America is dominating the global AC-DC power supply adapter market.
4. Which are the key companies in the market?Rohde & Schwarz, B&K Precision Corporation, Itech Electronic Co., Ltd., Kikusui Electronics Corp, Good Will Instrument Co., Ltd., Chroma ATE Inc., Delta Electronics, Inc, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Keysight Technologies, Ametek Inc., TEKTRONIX, INC., ETA-USA and Others.
Need help to buy this report?